ADVERTISEMENT

Highland Springs will host Martinsburg

Who will win?

• Martinsburg WV

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Highland Springs

Votes: 33 60.0%

• Total voters
You feel sorry for my team? Okay, whatever. We’ve been hearing about these great receivers for a long time and HS hasn’t done anything with them in the past two years. The defense was elite, but they lost the VA State Player of the Year and 3 very good DBs. Those camp and 7 on 7 offers mean absolutely nothing, ask the LCA boys about that when going up against talented and well coached teams. Who is your team?

If you think HS don’t benefit from officiating in RVA, you must be a Springer fan..
You can check my track record if you’d like but I’m a 757 guy(got a ring-Phoebus ‘01) work in 804. Watch more 804 then 757 unfortunately but I can definitely say I won’t rooting for HS to beat our streak of 4 in a row. I’ve been the main person saying the QB play been suspect and I didn’t have them winning the last two seasons. Springer and HooSprings use to shade me all the time. But fact is I havent seen “special” treatment. In 2018 a HS kid got ejected for putting up a fist on 4th down against Maury, I wouldn’t say that’s home cookin’

Reactions: springer76
You are right. The last 2 seasons, the qb position was suspect. The way both seasons without a title proved it . I know it everybody else knows that too, BUT this year's offense is really shaping up to be as good as Pootie Carter's and D'Vonte Waller's time behind center. Those 2 qbs won 4 titles.
This rising Sophomore Khristian Martin has the size, arm, speed and smarts to be as good or even better by the time he's a Senior. Now he's 6'2 or 6'3 and 215-220 lbs. He's still growing! Everybody that is familiar with him knows he has something special. I know you don't believe in 7v7 competition, that's ok too. That tournament Khristian and his team DID turn a whole bunch of head at the Penn State camp and 7v7 that HS won.

Last edited:
You are right. The last 2 seasons, the qb position was suspect. The way both seasons without a title proved it . I know it everybody else knows that too, BUT this year's offense is really shaping up to be as good as Pootie Carter's and D'Vonte Waller's time behind center. Those 2 qbs won 4 titles.
This rising Sophomore Khristian Martin has the size, arm, speed and smarts to be as good or even better by the time he's a Senior. Now he's 6'2 or 6'3 and 215-220 lbs. He's still growing! Everybody that is familiar with him knows he has something special. I know you don't believe in 7v7 competition, that's ok too. That tournament Khristian and his team DID turn a whole bunch of head at the Penn State camp and 7v7 that HS won.
I saw HS JV v Freeman where was this kid?! Could’ve used him

You feel sorry for my team? Okay, whatever. We’ve been hearing about these great receivers for a long time and HS hasn’t done anything with them in the past two years. The defense was elite, but they lost the VA State Player of the Year and 3 very good DBs. Those camp and 7 on 7 offers mean absolutely nothing, ask the LCA boys about that when going up against talented and well coached teams.
The HSHS defense is ALWAYS elite. This year will be no different. They just plug in new talent. 2 Power-5 DEs AGAIN. You replace a Boston College safety commit with an Oklahoma Offered rising Jr Safety that just happens to be the Head Coache’s son. We breed D1 DBs like a fertility clinic! QB play has been a huge question mark the last 2 seasons. That QB is gone! He committed to UVA-Wise,and I didn’t even know they had a team. 2 ODAC teams had offered him,but they only offer him based on his size and arm strength. His accuracy and touch were well below average. His foot speed and decision making were even worse than his accuracy. Yet he still got HSHS to the State Finals with a 30% completion percentage. When you have WRs with UNC,NC State,VT,and Maryland offers,and can’t get any of THOSE the ball,you’re not going to score a lot even with a D1 RB. Now,they have a QB that CAN get them the ball,he has good speed,and he’s a load to bring down. Not many rising Sophomores get a D1 offer before they even take a single varsity snap!

FYI….HSHS beat LCA at Penn St. 7 on 7 camp. Never been impressed with LCA. I call them Last Chance Academy! Never been impressed with a team with no school campus.

He had already been brought up to Varsity that prior week along with ALL the Sophomores. Freeman played a 3rd string QB leading a team of freshmen and still had to use a hook-n-latter to beat them. That broke the 50 game JV winning streak,but getting those kids ready for the fall and some playoff experience was more important. The smaller JV QB ran 3 plays vs PG. He will make a huge impact this year too. They actually call him the magician. He’s another Dortch.

The HSHS defense is ALWAYS elite. This year will be no different. They just plug in new talent. 2 Power-5 DEs AGAIN. You replace a Boston College safety commit with an Oklahoma Offered rising Jr Safety that just happens to be the Head Coache’s son. We breed D1 DBs like a fertility clinic! QB play has been a huge question mark the last 2 seasons. That QB is gone! He committed to UVA-Wise,and I didn’t even know they had a team. 2 ODAC teams had offered him,but they only offer him based on his size and arm strength. His accuracy and touch were well below average. His foot speed and decision making were even worse than his accuracy. Yet he still got HSHS to the State Finals with a 30% completion percentage. When you have WRs with UNC,NC State,VT,and Maryland offers,and can’t get any of THOSE the ball,you’re not going to score a lot even with a D1 RB. Now,they have a QB that CAN get them the ball,he has good speed,and he’s a load to bring down. Not many rising Sophomores get a D1 offer before they even take a single varsity snap!

FYI….HSHS beat LCA at Penn St. 7 on 7 camp. Never been impressed with LCA. I call them Last Chance Academy! Never been impressed with a team with no school campus.
Do you hear yourself though? Conjecture on top of conjecture.

I don’t doubt HS will be good but you all are basing things off of 7 on 7 which is a no no. I’ll show you just how ludicrous it is. I saw Henrico has been whipping butt over at Godwin. Beat up on Goochland and Hermitage. Now do you really think they could beat either team in pads? Gretna (2A school and they went 1-3 in a very bad county season) was a few plays away from beating Life Christian & Hermitage ended up beating Life Christian (with all of their D1 players since you all like to base a team being good because of offers).. You can’t go off of 7 on 7. This isn’t conjecture, this is facts. If you have decent athletes, you’re more than likely going to be successful in 7 on 7.

Varina used to win UVA and NC State’s team camp yearly. Those teams didn’t make it out of the second round. You’re right, I don’t. That 7 on 7 stuff means jack. HS has potential to be very good but let them prove it on the field. There’s been 2 state champs since HS won it last and 5A will be loaded with Massaponax coming down and the rise of the Beach teams.

He was on the varsity team, back up to Dent after Nasir was injured. Nasir is a very good qb but is still out with injury! Henley was qb on the jv team. From what I hear, Martin will be the starting varsity qb. When Nasir comes back, he will probably be in the defensive backfield. Henley can play multiple positions too, including qb. Henley and Nasir are both fast and shifty runners. You'll see, they have a lot going on that people are unaware of with super good "young" talent. You put a lot of emphasis on that JV Freeman loss. It was their 1st loss in 6 years. Did you notice the size of the jv defensive and offensive lines? All Freshmen and Sophomores and big boys with talent. If you want to twist Highland Springs' talented staff and program, go ahead. They have some surprises that most folks are not aware of...yet. You will see! The coaching staff is very high on this year's group.

Last edited:
He was on the varsity team, back up to Dent after Nasir was injured. Nasir is a very good qb but is still out with injury! Henley was qb on the jv team. From what I hear, Martin will be the starting varsity qb. When Nasir comes back, he will probably be in the defensive backfield. Henley can play multiple positions too, including qb. Henley and Nasir are both fast and shifty runners. You'll see, they have a lot going on that people are unaware of with super good "young" talent. You put a lot of emphasis on that JV Freeman loss. It was their 1st loss in 6 years. Did you notice the size of the jv defensive and offensive lines? All Freshmen and Sophomores and big boys with talent. If you want to twist Highland Springs' talented staff and program, go ahead. They have some surprises that most folks are not aware of...yet. You will see! The coaching staff is very high on this year's group.
You realize that Freeman and Hermitage were the best JV teams in Henrico this past year. Let’s not go down that “all of our young kids were on varsity” road.. That’s not how that works. Why call up all of your younger guys when they could be getting valuable game reps on JV? Yeah, they may be practicing with the varsity, but a good coach isn’t calling younger guys up to ride the pine when they could be playing on Thursdays.. If what you’re saying is true, that sounds like bad coaching.

Want to know what’s more impressive than big and talented boys? Hermitage started over 10 8th graders and Freeman had an 8th grader who may turn out to be the best player in the 804, possibly state.

Fact is, Freeman beat Highland Springs fair and square. Shut them out. Give them their respect.

I'm not aware of any offers from UNC going out to your WRs. We have one target this year and he's at St Christopher's. And that isn't a knock on those kids. We just don't offer many. Only a handful offered so far in '23 class.

I'm not aware of any offers from UNC going out to your WRs. We have one target this year and he's at St Christopher's. And that isn't a knock on those kids. We just don't offer many. Only a handful offered so far in '23 class.
WR Quanye Veney was offered by UNC on 7/1/2020. It’s only his Twitter page. I don’t know how to post pics on here but they offered him as an athlete.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
WR Quanye Veney was offered by UNC on 7/1/2020. It’s only his Twitter page. I don’t know how to post pics on here but they offered him as an athlete.

You're right. I know we recruit HS. For some reason, I was thinking CB. But he definitely has an offer. He must be pretty good to have gotten one.

Last edited:
Reactions: HooSprings
You realize that Freeman and Hermitage were the best JV teams in Henrico this past year. Let’s not go down that “all of our young kids were on varsity” road.. That’s not how that works. Why call up all of your younger guys when they could be getting valuable game reps on JV? Yeah, they may be practicing with the varsity, but a good coach isn’t calling younger guys up to ride the pine when they could be playing on Thursdays.. If what you’re saying is true, that sounds like bad coaching.

Want to know what’s more impressive than big and talented boys? Hermitage started over 10 8th graders and Freeman had an 8th grader who may turn out to be the best player in the 804, possibly state.

Fact is, Freeman beat Highland Springs fair and square. Shut them out. Give them their respect.
Who said all of our young kids were on varsity? I said this Sophomore QB that that we were talking about was on jv because our varsity QB Nasir was injured. They called up 1 guy!!!!!!! You said, Let’s not go down that “all of our young kids were on varsity” road.. That’s not how that works. Why call up all of your younger guys when they could be getting valuable game reps on JV? Yeah, they may be practicing with the varsity, but a good coach isn’t calling younger guys up to ride the pine when they could be playing on Thursdays.. If what you’re saying is true, that sounds like bad coaching. The VARSITY QB, Khalyil Nasir was injured, Juwan Dent took his place. The staff pulled up Khristian Martin QB to back up Dent. Then I referred to the jv Oline and Dline just based on their size. I DID NOT SAY THEY WERE PULLED UP ON VARSITY! You need to STOP making up false claims!
You truly are showing that you have no clue what you are talking about!

Last edited:
Who said "Let’s not go down that “all of our young kids were on varsity” road"? I said this Sophomore QB that that we were talking about was on jv because our varsity QB Nasir was injured. They called up 1 guy!!!!!!! You said, Let’s not go down that “all of our young kids were on varsity” road.. That’s not how that works. Why call up all of your younger guys when they could be getting valuable game reps on JV? Yeah, they may be practicing with the varsity, but a good coach isn’t calling younger guys up to ride the pine when they could be playing on Thursdays.. If what you’re saying is true, that sounds like bad coaching. The VARSITY QB, Khalyil Nasir was injured, Juwan Dent took his place. The staff pulled up Khristian Martin QB to back up Dent. Then I referred to the jv Oline and Dline just based on their size. I DID NOT SAY THEY WERE PULLED UP ON VARSITY! You need to STOP making up false claims!
You truly are showing that you have no clue what you are talking about!
False claims?? Pot calling the kettle black?

If that wasn’t where you were going with the JV excuse then I apologize for putting words in your post but let’s not minimize things. Freeman beat those guys with your other sophomore who is the “rifle for an arm, accurate and he can run” kid that you posted about back on June 28th (you said it not me): Looks to me like the Mavericks still had an impressive 7- NOTHING win.

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
Did Johnson start last year?
No! He couldn’t crack the DB backfield. The 3 DBs went to VT,Boston College(over ND),and Oklahoma. Our 4th DB was a Jr Strong safety that doubled as a LB and he’s got a ODU offer as a TE now. He’s back for his Sr year too. Johnson was only a Sophomore. Heath(WR with 6 Power 5 offers) was in the same boat last year. Both were on Varsity but neither started,just like SOPH,Miles Green(LB/DE with 4 power 5s and JMU offers). Mike Hodge has been on Varsity since he was offered by VT as a WR freshman,but was behind multiple other D1 WRs. Hodge is reportedly gonna commit Aug 1.

If that wasn’t where you were going with the JV excuse then I apologize for putting words in your post but let’s not minimize things. Freeman beat those guys with your other sophomore who is the “rifle for an arm, accurate and he can run” kid that you posted about back on June 28th (you said it not me): Looks to me like the Mavericks still had an impressive 7- NOTHING win.
Ok….let’s be real! First of all….the score of the Freeman game was 7-6,with Freeman scoring late in the 4th quarter on a hook & latter. They made the x-point. Second…Martin was not even in the state for that game. He was at the US National combine in Frisco,TX. Henley had been pulled up to Varsity because Nassir had to have shoulder surgery after the Freeman game. Both Henley and Marin played JV through the Deep Run JV game. Both were then brought up to Varsity for the playoffs. The Freeman game WAS late being scheduled,so 13 jV players WERE pulled up,and didn’t play vs Freeman. Just like ALL the Henrico County schools,Approximately 10 8th graders were allowed to play with the JV since there were no Middle school sports last year. So see….when we say the REAL JV was not in tact…..they WEREN’T. The game was a late add,and getting the kids playoff experience for the fall was more important than a late JV game addition. I congratulate the Freeman Rebels for breaking the 6 year winning streak,but getting those guys on the field for PGeorge was much more important with the quick turnaround to the fall. All the JV kids got reps for 5 games,but they also saw the Varsity field vs PGeorge. A team going 50-2 over the last 4 years speaks a lot for the coaching.

How will the offensive line be this year?
HUGE! Led by 6’6-280lb senior left tackle Moseley that holds an offer. HSHS prides themselves on lineman size and speed combination. I’m anxious to see how big the younger Becton brother is as an incoming freshman. He’s the younger brother of the NY Jets left tackle,Mehki Becton. I expect him to start out on JV with the size & Experience of the returning OLine. The DLine is gonna be a monster led by those 2 Power 5 DEs.

I know they lost to Freeman, duh! Let's see HS has beaten Freeman's varsity and jv probably 30 or 40 times since the mid 1970's!! They can keep their little JV 7-0 win and frame it, because it probably won't happen again for another 30 or 40 more years! LOL your argument is weak, Realtalk, Faketalk!

HooSprings is just a passionate fan. Nothing wrong with that...But I bet a couple years of playing Mecklenburg County schools or a trip or two down to Irmo takes a little shine off those P5 offers.

Reactions: Realtalk78
I know they lost to Freeman, duh! Let's see HS has beaten Freeman's varsity and jv probably 30 or 40 times since the mid 1970's!! They can keep their little JV 7-0 win and frame it, because it probably won't happen again for another 30 or 40 more years! LOL your argument is weak, Realtalk, Faketalk!
Lmao you talk like you got 4 rings or you go play on Friday’s. For someone who doesn’t want to entertain “child’s talk of football” (whatever that means, you said it).. you sure do entertain it.

I find springer76’s posting INFINITELY more bearable than HooSprings. HooSprings is so arrogant, they deserve the piling on. 76 doesn’t strike me the same way.
I try to be real. Characters like Faketalk78 just like trying to press my buttons! LOL, I unsubscribed to this sight about a month ago because of a__holes like Faketalk, I'm surprised I'm still posting!!!

HooSprings is just a passionate fan. Nothing wrong with that...But I bet a couple years of playing Mecklenburg County schools or a trip or two down to Irmo takes a little shine off those P5 offers.
I don’t know how close Paige high school is to Mecklenburg County but we came down there last year and put a woodshed beating on them. Shut them out in their own crib! I know they aren’t Chambers,but HSHS has no problem traveling anywhere to showcase their talent. You don’t get offers to Oklahoma and Clemson by staying in your backyard. They play Martinsburg,WV too this yr.

I don’t know how close Paige high school is to Mecklenburg County but we came down there last year and put a woodshed beating on them. Shut them out in their own crib! I know they aren’t Chambers,but HSHS has no problem traveling anywhere to showcase their talent. You don’t get offers to Oklahoma and Clemson by staying in your backyard. They play Martinsburg,WV too this yr.

Page is in Greensboro which is about an hour and a half outside Charlotte. And that wasn't last year. It was '19-'20. They went 3-9 that year, so they were down when you guys played them. They faced Mallard Creek a few years before that in the state championship and lost 49-6. The Creek started the season ranked in the top 10 nationally. And still lost to Hough and Byrnes before winning the state championship iirc.

Last edited:
Page is in Greensboro which is about an hour and a half outside Charlotte. And that wasn't last year. It was '19-'20. They went 3-9 that year, so they were down when you guys played them. They faced Mallard Creek a few years before that in the state championship and lost 49-6. The Creek started the season ranked in the top 10 nationally. And still lost to Hough and Byrnes before winning the state championship iirc.
Beating Page since Gillespie left is like beating your chest that you beat Henrico. Grimsley and Dudley is a different story in Greensboro.

I mean the WR from HS dropped a wide open bomb for the win TWICE in the 4th are. they should’ve beat Freeman but for Freeman to hang in the game was impressive.

I mean the WR from HS dropped a wide open bomb for the win TWICE in the 4th are. they should’ve beat Freeman but for Freeman to hang in the game was impressive.
Don’t know the kid’s name at Freeman (he was just an 8th grader) but he’s the next big thing in Richmond. Probably 5’11 200, played Linebacker. He’s a man amongst boys. I am glad to see other Henrico teams be successful other than the arrogant and brash Springers. I’m still shaking my head that they were allowed by their staff to guarantee a state championship win. Was so glad to see Stone Bridge humble them and the player who guaranteed the win was the one who was scored on to lose the game. Humility is everything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT