ADVERTISEMENT

Highland Springs will host Martinsburg

Who will win?

• Martinsburg WV

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Highland Springs

Votes: 33 60.0%

• Total voters
Who’s gonna play QB for Chambers this week? I read that Bubba Camp was ejected to start the 2nd half vs Cardinal,and I’m being told he has to sit out this week.

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure. I didn't watch the game and haven't heard anything about it. I know they had a second QB - Dymere Edwards that played and did pretty well. I assumed it was because they had a pretty comfortable lead. QB play isn't Chambers issue. It's cleaning up their play. They had 20 penalties against Cardinal Gibbons.

Last edited:
Reactions: HooSprings
Honestly, I'm not 100% sure. I didn't watch the game and haven't heard anything about it. I know they had a second QB - Dymere Edwards that played and did pretty well. QB play isn't Chambers issue. It's cleaning up their play. They had 20 penalties against Cardinal Gibbons.
They actually switched to Jaihlen Pride,the Sophomore WR,initially,and he threw a TD,but I wasn’t sure if they had another one. I saw they had 20+ penalties,and a lot were foolish mental mistakes that can be corrected. The D made a big stand when they needed to vs Cardinal. Gonna be super hot Saturday in RVA(94*)! Looking forward to these 2 good teams battle on our new field.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
They actually switched to Jaihlen Pride,the Sophomore WR,initially,and he threw a TD,but I wasn’t sure if they had another one. I saw they had 20+ penalties,and a lot were foolish mental mistakes that can be corrected. The D made a big stand when they needed to vs Cardinal. Gonna be super hot Saturday in RVA(94*)! Looking forward to these 2 good teams battle on our new field.

I know from my time up there and really in the south in general that 94 probably means closer to 100 once you factor in humidity. Best of luck to you guys! Hoping for a good game from both teams.

Dave Walker, Martinsburg's championship coach left before last season for a college position. I used to watch Martinsburg all the time when I lived up in western Maryland. I do know Chambers blew a big lead against Cardinal Gibbons, but held on for the win. Last year, I would've said Chambers wins hands down. This year I don't know. To me a big factor was Chambers losing their DC. To me, it's too early in the season to have an accurate guage regarding these teams now. I used to live in Richmond, as I was born and raised there, but now live in Charlotte.

Dave Walker, Martinsburg's championship coach left before last season for a college position. I used to watch Martinsburg all the time when I lived up in western Maryland. I do know Chambers blew a big lead against Cardinal Gibbons, but held on for the win. Last year, I would've said Chambers wins hands down. This year I don't know. To me a big factor was Chambers losing their DC. To me, it's too early in the season to have an accurate guage regarding these teams now. I used to live in Richmond, as I was born and raised there, but now live in Charlotte.
Chambers losing their starting QB for this week kinda “muddies” things for me. Chambers scored 2 defensive TDs in their 35 points vs Cardinal,and had 20+ penalties in that game. Cardinal scored twice,thru the air in the 4th qtr too.

Chambers losing their starting QB for this week kinda “muddies” things for me. Chambers scored 2 defensive TDs in their 35 points vs Cardinal,and had 20+ penalties in that game. Cardinal scored twice,thru the air in the 4th qtr too.
It definitely muddles things for me. Chambers always has problems with penalties. Part of that comes from their aggressive play. With Rolesville in the state title game and with Gibbons, apparently, they could get away with the penalties. Do that against the Springers and it could definitely come back to bite them.

It definitely muddles things for me. Chambers always has problems with penalties. Part of that comes from their aggressive play. With Rolesville in the state title game and with Gibbons, apparently, they could get away with the penalties. Do that against the Springers and it could definitely come back to bite them.
HS’s ain’t no where near what they’ve been. Chambers by at least 21.

• Haha
HS’s ain’t no where near what they’ve been. Chambers by at least 21.
EVERY publication has HSHS #1 IN THE STATE. If that’s nowhere near what they’ve been….I’ll take that. Chambers by 21 MISSING their starting QB? I’ll gladly take any “bets” on that. HSHS hasn’t lost by more than one score since 2014! The Springers are loaded just like Chambers is. If you read the VaPreps preview of this game you’ll see,the field will be FULL of next level talent! Not all are mentioned,but it’s CLEAR…both teams are stacked! 21?! Lmao! Don’t count on it.

How Manchester isn’t the RTD’s #1 ye
EVERY publication has HSHS #1 IN THE STATE. If that’s nowhere near what they’ve been….I’ll take that. Chambers by 21 MISSING their starting QB? I’ll gladly take any “bets” on that. HSHS hasn’t lost by more than one score since 2014! The Springers are loaded just like Chambers is. If you read the VaPreps preview of this game you’ll see,the field will be FULL of next level talent! Not all are mentioned,but it’s CLEAR…both teams are stacked! 21?! Lmao! Don’t count on it.
I don’t have to read any preview, I know for a fact that this is HS’s weakest team in a long time. One of their coaches even said it. They’re not beating Chambers.

How Manchester isn’t the RTD’s #1 ye

I don’t have to read any preview, I know for a fact that this is HS’s weakest team in a long time. One of their coaches even said it. They’re not beating Chambers.
The weakest in a long time?! Lmao! Doubt any HSHS coach would say that with 8 players with Power 5 offers,including their SOPH QB. Heck,they won the state in 17,over Tusky,in a “rebuilding” year,with FAR less talent than this year’s team. Chambers only scored 3 offensive TDs vs Cardinal. I don’t see HSHS giving up a TD on a snap over the QB’s head. 20 penalties is a sign of lack of discipline,INCLUDING the QB,Bubba Camp being ejected. You really think the VA officiating crew is gonna put up with those “antics”?! The Chamber’s coach knows all about these officials when he faced HSHS in 16!

Btw….until Manchester beats HSHS ON THE FIELD,they’re where they belong. All 5 RVA polls have HSHS #1. That’s all 3 channels,RTD,and VaPreps.

Who’s the best team? Easy, just count up them offers! That’s all the math required.
Lol….exactly! I’m actually wishing this had been BOTH team’s first game! HSHS will have “some” film. I’m more interested in seeing the HSHS soph QB against a great D. I’m amazed that Maryland would offer so early with all the talent in the DMV. He has shown quite well at the national combines,but that not against live Ds.

Sure didn’t see him after Stone Bridge stole that trophy from them. I’m sure he was probably just busy counting more offers.

Reactions: Realtalk78
EVERY publication has HSHS #1 IN THE STATE. If that’s nowhere near what they’ve been….I’ll take that. Chambers by 21 MISSING their starting QB? I’ll gladly take any “bets” on that. HSHS hasn’t lost by more than one score since 2014! The Springers are loaded just like Chambers is. If you read the VaPreps preview of this game you’ll see,the field will be FULL of next level talent! Not all are mentioned,but it’s CLEAR…both teams are stacked! 21?! Lmao! Don’t count

#1 in the state.......cough cough Oscar Smith has something to say

Facts. Manchester and Dale have a lot to say about that (as far as 804 rankings go) too.
Both are D6,so they don’t matter to HSHS! Neither can stop HSHS from winning #5 in 7 yrs. I don’t see either of these playing the schedule HSHS plays either.

Not sure why I looked at my only IGNORED poster on VAPreps. I just threw up a bit & remembered WHY it did that. My life has been a bit more enjoyable after using that feature. Others should consider doing the same.

Good luck to the Spingers tonight. I will always support a VA team over another state's team.

Last edited:
Not sure why I looked at my only IGNORED poster on VAPreps. I just threw up a bit & remembered WHY it did that. My life has been a bit more enjoyable after using that feature. Others should consider doing the same.

Good luck to the Spingers tonight. I will always support a VA team over another state's team.
The problem with the TRUTH is….you can’t “ignore” it! OSMITH is INCLUDED in that 10 straight over the 757. Another FACT you can’t “ignore”.

like you….I will absolutely cheer for OS when the team from Cali comes here! Good luck to OS,and maybe we’ll see you at ODU!

Different division,so they don’t matter to HSHS. Btw….didn’t HSHS JUST beat OSmith? HSHS has won 10 STRAIGHT over the 757.
Ok, but you didn't say #1 in state in 5. You just said #1 in the state, which I would take you are including all classes and everyone public and private. I would still say stone Bridge is #1 in 5 until they are beat by someone.

Ok, but you didn't say #1 in state in 5. You just said #1 in the state, which I would take you are including all classes and everyone public and private. I would still say stone Bridge is #1 in 5 until they are beat by someone.
Does it really matter? He is confident in his team and they have beaten the other teams mentioned in recent yrs. The games are won on the field and Stonebridge finally squeaked past HS. New season, New teams

That’s why VaPreps has SB #1 to start with HSHS #2 in D5.

is todays game with Chambers being streamed outside of flowTV or at least local radio coverage? No info in the times dispatch either about the game. So disappointing

Different division,so they don’t matter to HSHS. Btw….didn’t HSHS JUST beat OSmith? HSHS has won 10 STRAIGHT over the 757.
This season?
is todays game with Chambers being streamed outside of flowTV or at least local radio coverage? No info in the times dispatch either about the game. So disappointing
I think its only on the Flo stream. I heard mixes reviews about Flo, but I watched the Mater Dei vs Duncanville yesterday and it was solid, despite probably being the most watched stream on their network.

Does it really matter? He is confident in his team and they have beaten the other teams mentioned in recent yrs. The games are won on the field and Stonebridge finally squeaked past HS. New season, New teams
This guy is the onemorehokie or Spartanoftheyore on 5A board. He goes on and on and on and on about how good Highland Springs is. They’re really not the #1 team in the state by any means.

Reactions: SFUWO
Coach Johnson inexplicably opts to go for it on 4th & Goal from just inside the 10 yard line. Play goes nowhere. Second play for Chambers after the turnover, bubble screen to the house. Chambers up 7-0.

3:15 left in the first quarter. Chambers just scored on a long run in their series. Chambers went three and out their first series. HS easily winning time of possession, but Chambers d line is solid and controlling.

Coach Johnson inexplicably opts to go for it on 4th & Goal from just inside the 10 yard line. Play goes nowhere. Second play for Chambers after the turnover, bubble screen to the house. Chambers up 7-0.

Hey, but seriously does HS not have a kicker or something?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT