Highland Springs will host Martinsburg

Who will win?

• Martinsburg WV

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Highland Springs

Votes: 33 60.0%

• Total voters
Chambers would beat anybody from VA. They are on a different level. 24-7

24-7 Chambers. Told Hoosprings it would be at least a 3 score win. I thought it would be worst. Still time on the clock but Springers not on the same level that they were on during their 4peat.

24-7 Chambers. Told Hoosprings it would be at least a 3 score win. I thought it would be worst. Still time on the clock but Springers not on the same level that they were on during their 4peat.
Impressive win! Nothing close to this in VA!

Nahhh, Springers aren’t as advertised. I told everybody on this site that. I like the out of state match ups. Oscar Smith would’ve been the best match up for Chambers.
They are as advertised! 2 missed tackles from a 10-7 lead and completely locked up those “worldly” RBs. I’m actually pretty pleased! Manchester….you on the clock

They are as advertised! 2 missed tackles from a 10-7 lead and completely locked up those “worldly” RBs. I’m actually pretty pleased! Manchester….you on the clock
LOL you sound insane with all due respect Marine. No way are you pleased with a 33-7 ASS WHIPPING. HS will be lucky to go 7-3 this year.

You see the Phoebus LT score? Did not see that coming
42-0 Half 😳 I wasn’t impressed with Lake Taylor when I watched them play Salem. I figured they’d take a step back but they’ll make a run at the end of the season.

42-0 Half 😳 I wasn’t impressed with Lake Taylor when I watched them play Salem. I figured they’d take a step back but they’ll make a run at the end of the season.
49-7 end of 3rd. LT has had a few games like this the past few yrs.

I would not put Martinsburg in same category as HS. No disrespect to Martinsburg - that's a very good team. But 500 - 600 extra students make a big difference.
Ask State College, PA who had 1200 more students than Martinsburg...How that advantage worked out for them in a 2 Year series several seasons ago? The end result was State College with all their D1 prospects went 0-2 vs Martinsburg. Please realize State College has one of the best environments to watch a HS Football game, So Martinsburg will not be phased playing at Highland Springs...Not saying Martinsburg will win but HSHS would be wise not to under estimate Martinsburg because if they do that they will be in for a rude awakening.

Ask State College, PA who had 1200 more students than Martinsburg...How that advantage worked out for them in a 2 Year series several seasons ago? The end result was State College with all their D1 prospects went 0-2 vs Martinsburg. Please realize State College has one of the best environments to watch a HS Football game, So Martinsburg will not be phased playing at Highland Springs...Not saying Martinsburg will win but HSHS would be wise not to under estimate Martinsburg because if they do that they will be in for a rude awakening.

I hear ya. I'm a NC guy, so really don't have a dog in the fight. Just basing that on what I've seen between your game vs Salem and Chambers vs HS.

FWIW, I looked it up, and Massey is predicting a 10-point HS win, though you guys are rated better than Manchester and Prince George. So, I could be wrong.

DateOpponentResultPFPA
Fri 09-17
Martinsburg
(0-0)
66 %
Fri 09-10
atPrince George
(0-0)
95 %
Fri 09-03
Manchester
(0-0)
76 %
Sat 08-28
Vance
(0-0)
23 %

I would not put Martinsburg in same category as HS. No disrespect to Martinsburg - that's a very good team. But 500 - 600 extra students make a big difference.
I agree to a point. What separates Martinsburg from most teams HS played is their O line and D line. Ex) Salem D-line is probably as good as any team in the State of VA. We could not touch the QB. In the 2 games we have played them I don't remember any sacks. Their line play will be the best HS sees this yr. Granted Salem replaced the entire O-line from the Spring but Martinsburg put a ton of pressure on our QB. Recording 8 sacks I think.

Reactions: springer76
I agree to a point. What separates Martinsburg from most teams HS played is their O line and D line. Ex) Salem D-line is probably as good as any team in the State of VA. We could not touch the QB. In the 2 games we have played them I don't remember any sacks. Their line play will be the best HS sees this yr. Granted Salem replaced the entire O-line from the Spring but Martinsburg put a ton of pressure on our QB. Recording 8 sacks I think.

Definitely a lot of games won at the LOS especially at the high school level. You're right about that.

Chambers is now 2-0 against championship quality/caliber Va teams. Chambers team played Heritage out of Lynchburg two years ago and won handily, a team that lost in the region championship to Lord Botetourt (Hopewell state champs). Chambers won 35-7 against them and came to RVA and handled one of the states better teams and program decisively. Hats off to Chambers which shows they are an elite team and shouldn't be slighted when referencing state vs state competition.

Martinsburg will present a different type of challenge for HS as I don't believe they field a team of athletes like Chambers does or HS but as a collective they remind me of those blue collar work hard and maximize the athletes/stars we have with the collective matching their level of play. The schemes they use and the way they have dominated and are accustomed to winning makes me feel they can compete HS but I think the Springers depth will set in and they will gel more as a team by the game against Martinsburg. I really am eager to see the result of this one as I said on the 4A board it will say a lot about the program Martinsburg has with a win over HS, they've handled one of the best of 4A with Salem in their matchups.

Reactions: springer76
I hear ya. I'm a NC guy, so really don't have a dog in the fight. Just basing that on what I've seen between your game vs Salem and Chambers vs HS.

FWIW, I looked it up, and Massey is predicting a 10-point HS win, though you guys are rated better than Manchester and Prince George. So, I could be wrong.

DateOpponentResultPFPA
Fri 09-17Martinsburg814
(0-0)
66 %3121
Fri 09-10atPrince George3391
(0-0)
95 %347
Fri 09-03Manchester1094
(0-0)
76 %2814
Sat 08-28Vance85
(0-0)
23 %1428
Salem is usually better than Highland Springs. HS just has higher ranked individual talent.

16 years of eye test.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong. Salem is obviously good and has been for about as long as I can remember. Was just curious because I couldn't recall a time when they played each other recently and they really don't even have that many common opponents over the years - maybe a game or two against Dinwiddie or Tuscarora. Maybe an interesting matchup if it ever happens.

Reactions: WP02alum
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT