ADVERTISEMENT

Highland Springs will host Martinsburg

Who will win?

• Martinsburg WV

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Highland Springs

Votes: 33 60.0%

• Total voters
Smith did take down the #6 Ranked team in the Nation. They didn't get much publicity about it because it was versus in State Rival, Ocean Lakes. November Regional Finals 2015!!! Interestingly enough, that game was against Coach Scott. The next year he left to coach Bishop Sullivan took most of those OL kids with him and along with some key transfers nearly pulled off the upset vs IMG Academy in 2016!!!!

SO, I am reaching for some useless & meaningless connections for the hope that Virginia HS Football will have more of a chance than most think tomorrow night. I realize NONE of that helps the team on the field but as a FAN it helps to dream! It's part of hype, right?
I'm with you. Would love to see OS pull off the upset. They probably didnt get much press because of the Booker T game the yr before. I watched that one on ESPN and Booker did what they wanted. OS also lost to Westfield in the finals.

Smith did take down the #6 Ranked team in the Nation. They didn't get much publicity about it because it was versus in State Rival, Ocean Lakes. November Regional Finals 2015!!! Interestingly enough, that game was against Coach Scott. The next year he left to coach Bishop Sullivan took most of those OL kids with him and along with some key transfers nearly pulled off the upset vs IMG Academy in 2016!!!!

SO, I am reaching for some useless & meaningless connections for the hope that Virginia HS Football will have more of a chance than most think tomorrow night. I realize NONE of that helps the team on the field but as a FAN it helps to dream! It's part of hype, right?
The state game was about 6 yrs of frustration let loose. Great win

Last edited:
Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
I used to live in Hagerstown, MD about 20 minutes from Martinsburg. So, I had a chance to see them quite a few times over the years. They were definitely a powerhouse when Dave Walker was their coach. I don't think HS is one of the stornger teams it's faced in years. The last couple of years maybe. I think HS will win as overall, WV football isn't on the same level. You can see that in some of Martinsburg's scores. They won't give HS the same trouble Chambers did, I don't think. Massey has Martinsburg at 28-21 over the Springers. Not sure I'd agree with that though. I would look forward more to the return trip to Martinsburg next season. I haven't been to a game at HS in years, but I know Martinsburg has a great atmosphere for football.
HS will return nearly the whole team next year! Loaded with 10 & 11th graders.
Thanks, hoping to avoid the gate if possible.

But I have to ask, how many D1 offers does the stadium hold?
About 50!

JV game against Thomas Dale has been cancelled tonight due to Covid issues at Dale HS. You might see some of those JV studs get a little playing time Friday night!

HS was Maxprep top 50 in 2018. #47 if my memory serves me well. In USA today (2019) we were top 20 before losing in game 11 to Varina
Should have brought that jv team in big guy. Our QB #2 is only a sophomore also. We had 3TD’s called back. Pathetic officiating!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: BulldogSoccer
A few penalties here and there fine, but 120 yards and 3TD’s called back is inexcusable. We got the dub. That’s all that matters.

I agree inexcusable, but were they bad calls? I only saw two - long run at the end (flag in the backfield for chop block came out immediately) and the jump ball in the first half which probably should've been intercepted.

Reactions: LionNation540
HS. If they were playing in WV, maybe Martinsburg. Doubt Martinsburg will ever play in an environment like the one at Highland Springs. HS loses a lot this year so 9/17 those young guys will be having growing pains.. The game will be a lot closer than if HS had played Martinsburg last fall.
There is an actual disease called "Foot and Mouth" disease.

HS will have 4 WRs with power 5 offers, the two best DL in the state for 2022 and 2023, both with power 5 offers

Just don’t think this will be much of a game this year and 804 people aren’t going to be hype to see this like we would be out our way with Salem or Sherando vs Martinsburg. The game everyone is talking about is JL Chambers, formerly Vance High School, out of Charlotte and Highland Springs. They’ll kick the season off in HS’s brand new stadium. Chambers have won back to back NC 4A (comparable to VA 5A/6A) championships. They’ll be loaded.
Martinsburg is the read deal bro Don't ever pick against them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT