ADVERTISEMENT

Highland Springs will host Martinsburg

Who will win?

• Martinsburg WV

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Highland Springs

Votes: 33 60.0%

• Total voters
If y’all think that because Vance lost their DC that they will be vulnerable, y’all must not know a lot about their program. They are loaded with division 1, power 5 and fcs, talent. Unless those guys transfer to Charlotte Independence, where Hackett was just hired, Vance is at least a 2 score favorite over HS.

Reactions: springer76
If y’all think that because Vance lost their DC that they will be vulnerable, y’all must not know a lot about their program. They are loaded with division 1, power 5 and fcs, talent. Unless those guys transfer to Charlotte Independence, where Hackett was just hired, Vance is at least a 2 score favorite over HS.
We'll see August 28th! Just in case you haven't checked, HS is loaded with with D1 Power 5 and FCS talent as well. I think HS is going to surprise a lot of people this year.

We'll see August 28th! Just in case you haven't checked, HS is loaded with with D1 Power 5 and FCS talent as well. I think HS is going to surprise a lot of people this year.
HS lost a lot last year. Way more than Vance and Vance added some guys.

HS lost a lot last year. Way more than Vance and Vance added some guys.
Highland Springs football program isn't like others. Every one that graduated in June is being replaced by somebody just as good, if not better!!! No kidding! If you remember, this past Covid shortened season, HS's offense struggled. The QB position was suspect at best and they just were not as explosive as they had been on previous years. This offense this year night be the most explosive offense that the Springers have seen in a long, long time. Our rising Sophomore QB is special. He has a cannon and accurate arm, he's big and mobile. We have another Sophomore that can play every position on the field and already has some big time offers! The Sophomore QB already as been offered from Old Dominion.
I'm telling you, everybody on our schedule will have tons of trouble stopping our 4 or 5 D1 offered wide receivers and this QB that is 6'4" 215 lbs.

Highland Springs football program isn't like others. Every one that graduated in June is being replaced by somebody just as good, if not better!!! No kidding! If you remember, this past Covid shortened season, HS's offense struggled. The QB position was suspect at best and they just were not as explosive as they had been on previous years. This offense this year night be the most explosive offense that the Springers have seen in a long, long time. Our rising Sophomore QB is special. He has a cannon and accurate arm, he's big and mobile. We have another Sophomore that can play every position on the field and already has some big time offers! The Sophomore QB already as been offered from Old Dominion.
I'm telling you, everybody on our schedule will have tons of trouble stopping our 4 or 5 D1 offered wide receivers and this QB that is 6'4" 215 lbs.
Lol based off what, JV? Y’all couldn’t even score last year. Them Oklahoma recruits leaving gonna hurt.

Reactions: springer76
You'll see.
Lol based off what, JV? Y’all couldn’t even score last year. Them Oklahoma recruits leaving gonna hurt. You do realize that group of greatness that is graduating and going on to Oklahoma, Boston College, Clemson etc... they were all on HS's JV team too. Everybody that has gone through the program were... ummmm. ON THE JV TEAM! Even the ones that won 4 State Titles...and don't forget before JV they were all on the Middle School team and Rec. League teams too. You're not making good sense! My turn to LOL at your comment!! LOL🤣
As I stated, you will see!

Last edited:
Lol based off what, JV? Y’all couldn’t even score last year. Them Oklahoma recruits leaving gonna hurt.
Those Oklahoma recruits are being replaced with ANOTHER OU DB recruit, and a VT,WV,BC,and Maryland DE recruit. The below average QB from last year is being replaced by a 6’3-215lb QB that already holds a D1 offer(already on multiple schools radar) as a Sophomore,after he took apart every team’s secondary at the recent Penn St 7 on 7,including multiple national powers(Dematha,Good Coucil, and Archbishop) finishing as 9-0 champions. He adds a 6’6”-280lb D1 OL this year too. Chambers isn’t the only team that reloads. HSHS will feature 4 D1 WRs and a D1 TE/MLB as well. You don’t go to 5 of 6 State finals games(4 titles) and not continually reload. Just like Chambers,HSHS fields multiple Power 5 D1 players,FCS,And other next level players on a yearly basis. Our RB this year will be the younger brother of another former State Champion RB. FYI….Nobody has beat HSHS by 2 scores since 2014. Our new stadium,our crowd,and OUR STATE!

BTW….I watched the Burns QB take the Chambers secondary apart,and that QB and WR group is nowhere close to the HSHS QB/WR group.

Those Oklahoma recruits are being replaced with ANOTHER OU DB recruit, and a VT,WV,BC,and Maryland DE recruit. The below average QB from last year is being replaced by a 6’3-215lb QB that already holds a D1 offer(already on multiple schools radar) as a Sophomore,after he took apart every team’s secondary at the recent Penn St 7 on 7,including multiple national powers(Dematha,Good Coucil, and Archbishop) finishing as 9-0 champions. He adds a 6’6”-280lb D1 OL this year too. Chambers isn’t the only team that reloads. HSHS will feature 4 D1 WRs and a D1 TE/MLB as well. You don’t go to 5 of 6 State finals games(4 titles) and not continually reload. Just like Chambers,HSHS fields multiple Power 5 D1 players,FCS,And other next level players on a yearly basis. Our RB this year will be the younger brother of another former State Champion RB. FYI….Nobody has beat HSHS by 2 scores since 2014. Our new stadium,our crowd,and OUR STATE!

BTW….I watched the Burns QB take the Chambers secondary apart,and that QB and WR group is nowhere close to the HSHS QB/WR group.

Who is Burns? Never even heard of them.

Last edited:
These dudes act like they’re in the know, are horribly wrong, but stay spreading false information on Preps.
It wasn’t hard to UTube it when they 7 on 7 recently. I know it’s not real game,but that Burns QB ain’t nowhere close to our QB.

• Haha
Reactions: Realtalk78
It’s in a 7 on 7 UTube! The Burns QB picked their DBs apart.

That's funny. I thought you meant an actual game. Rolesville had Byrum Brown and Noah Rogers. Vance held them to 64 total yards in the state championship. They beat a Myers Park team that had Drake Maye and Moose Muhammad III a couple years back too. All nationally ranked. Probably nowhere close to what HS has though from the sounds of it.

It wasn’t hard to UTube it when they 7 on 7 recently. I know it’s not real game,but that Burns QB ain’t nowhere close to our QB.

He must be better than Hough's QB, Tad Hudson. They lost to Vance in the playoffs. But ESPN only has him ranked as the 8th best QB in the country.

Vance's record pretty much speaks for itself. You can go on maxpreps, 247, etc. There's not a lot they haven't seen. And I'm sure it's no different with HS. Two good teams.

Last edited:
What do you have to go on? Nothing? Show us... make your point visible...or tell us something that actually makes sense!

What do you mean, what do I have to go on? Scroll up. The idea that Vance hasn't faced a good QB/WR group is laughable. They've beaten some of the best in the country. And they're favored to do it again.

What do you have to go on? Nothing? Show us... make your point visible...or tell us something that actually makes sense!

This is probably the best QB they faced last year (beat them in the playoffs) and the best one they'll face this year:

He's a composite 4-star, ranked 175th overall and the 14th best QB in the country.

Here's the QB and WR they outgained 531-67 to win the state championship:

Byrum Brown - USF commit.

Noah Rogers - Composite 4-star, ranked 196th overall and the 28th best WR in the country.

That's just last year. Two teams. And they're favored to do it again. Like I said, the idea that Vance kids somehow haven't faced competition like HS is laughable. You've heard of Dutch Fork, right? They've won something like 50+ games in a row. The last team that came close to beating them (tie game) was from the I-Mech. You don't have a Mallard Creek or Hough in your conference. Vance plays them every year.

Last edited:
This is probably the best QB they faced last year (beat them in the playoffs) and the best one they'll face this year:

He's a composite 4-star, ranked 175th overall and the 14th best QB in the country.

Here's the QB and WR they outgained 531-67 to win the state championship:

Byrum Brown - USF commit.

Noah Rogers - Composite 4-star, ranked 196th overall and the 28th best WR in the country.

That's just last year. Two teams. And they're favored to do it again. Like I said, the idea that Vance kids somehow haven't faced competition like HS is laughable. You've heard of Dutch Fork, right? They've won something like 50+ games in a row. The last team that came close to beating them (tie game) was from the I-Mech. You don't have a Mallard Creek or Hough in your conference. Vance plays them every year.
Tad does not have a SINGLE WR better than a 2-star! Nor does hough have 6 power 5 defenders. Rolesville has a good QB and ONE WR. HS’s D1 offered SOPH QB has 4 WRs with POWER 5 offers,not just one. FYI….HS just had their 40 game winning streak broken due to poor QB play. That won’t be an issue the next 3 yrs. The HS D is always Power 5 loaded. We’ll see soon enough!

Tad does not have a SINGLE WR better than a 2-star! Nor does hough have 6 power 5 defenders. Rolesville has a good QB and ONE WR. HS’s D1 offered SOPH QB has 4 WRs with POWER 5 offers,not just one. FYI….HS just had their 40 game winning streak broken due to poor QB play. That won’t be an issue the next 3 yrs. The HS D is always Power 5 loaded. We’ll see soon enough!

Is there anyone on your team as good as the players I linked? Because if there is, they're not listed on 247. Weird that they'd miss so much P5 talent.

Last edited:

Hough High's '21 class:

RB Evan Pryor (Ohio St)
S Bralyn Oliver (Louisville)
WR Jesiah Davis (Virginia)
OLB Kaci Seegars (Texas A&M)
CB Mario Love (N.C. State)
S Sean Brown (N.C. State)
CB Tyrin Taylor (Colorado)
WR Coen Sutton (Appalachian State)
ILB Issac Walker (Georgia Southern)

Those are all actual commitments. Not just offers. And that's only the seniors. Lol. So, yeah, you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Hough High's '21 class:

RB Evan Pryor (Ohio St)
S Bralyn Oliver (Louisville)
WR Jesiah Davis (Virginia)
OLB Kaci Seegars (Texas A&M)
CB Mario Love (N.C. State)
S Sean Brown (N.C. State)
CB Tyrin Taylor (Colorado)
WR Coen Sutton (Appalachian State)
ILB Issac Walker (Georgia Southern)

Those are all actual commitments. Not just offers. And that's only the seniors. Lol. So, yeah, you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about.
Him and that Springer guy have no clue. Lost all credibility when they brought up 7 on 7. Hough, Reidsville, Rolesville, Charlotte Catholic, Shelby, Grimsley, even Havelock.. would smash HS, none the less Vance/Chambers. I look for the Richmond officiating crew to make the game closer than it should be. Congrats to the Springers on their default Mickey Mouse state championship appearance LOL..

Him and that Springer guy have no clue. Lost all credibility when they brought up 7 on 7. Hough, Reidsville, Rolesville, Charlotte Catholic, Shelby, Grimsley, even Havelock.. would smash HS, none the less Vance/Chambers. I look for the Richmond officiating crew to make the game closer than it should be. Congrats to the Springers on their default Mickey Mouse state championship appearance LOL..
If you win on Aug. 28th, I will congratulations. If you lose, we will revisit this post and wait to hear what you have to say. In the mean time, have a good weekend... I have more important things to do rather than haggle over a child's game of football.

If you win on Aug. 28th, I will congratulations. If you lose, we will revisit this post and wait to hear what you have to say. In the mean time, have a good weekend... I have more important things to do rather than haggle over a child's game of football.

I don't doubt you guys have a good football team. Vance wouldn't travel that far to play some pushover. Similar size schools, demographics, etc. You're certainly capable of beating them. Hell, Vance has a tendency of beating themselves at times. They had 24 penalties for 187 yards against Rolesville in the state championship. So, I expect a good game.

All I'm saying is...If you're going to talk smack, you should at least know what you're talking about. I know HS has a good young QB. He might not be ranked way up there quiet yet with a lot of big offers, but he's got a couple years left, and all that will come in time. And I see at least three good WRs on 247...the DL headed to VaTech. Like I said, looks like you have a good team. That's good. Vance has played a lot of good teams.

I don't doubt you guys have a good football team. Vance wouldn't travel that far to play some pushover. Similar size schools, demographics, etc. You're certainly capable of beating them. Hell, Vance has a tendency of beating themselves at times. They had 24 penalties for 187 yards against Rolesville in the state championship. So, I expect a good game.

All I'm saying is...If you're going to talk smack, you should at least know what you're talking about. I know HS has a good young QB. He might not be ranked way up there quiet yet with a lot of big offers, but he's got a couple years left, and all that will come in time. And I see at least three good WRs on 247...the DL headed to VaTech. Like I said, looks like you have a good team. That's good. Vance has played a lot of good teams.
HS has a tough schedule this year as it di in 2019. This year of course opening with Chambers. Then a strong local (class6) Manchester, then Martinsburg ( West VA power), Colonial Forge is always tough, Patrick Henry is on the rise and end with a tough rival Varina. 6 teams that are constant playoff teams!
It's going to be fun!

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
HS has a tough schedule this year as it di in 2019. This year of course opening with Chambers. Then a strong local (class6) Manchester, then Martinsburg ( West VA power), Colonial Forge is always tough, Patrick Henry is on the rise and end with a tough rival Varina. 6 teams that are constant playoff teams!
It's going to be fun!

That's the only way you get better. And to be fair, Charlotte metro is a good bit larger than Richmond. Most of those Charlotte schools don't have to travel too awfully far to play each other or the bigger SC schools like Dutch Fork, Spartanburg, etc.

Last edited:
You lost all credibility, “real talk”, thinking the officiating will help HS. Everybody around this way know HS rarely gets breaks from the officials and will have to beat Vance and the officials. “Real talk”

You lost all credibility, “real talk”, thinking the officiating will help HS. Everybody around this way know HS rarely gets breaks from the officials and will have to beat Vance and the officials. “Real talk”
If you think HS don’t benefit from officiating in RVA, you must be a Springer fan..

You’ll go on and on if I entertain you.

Fact is, HS lost a lot and the offense was trash last year. Couldn’t score against mediocre teams in Deep Run, Maury and caught the luck of a coin flip from getting beat by Manchester. 7 on 7s don’t mean nothing as you pride yourself on pointing out that these guys are looking so good. It’s no secret that there wasn’t a lot of control in that locker room last year and if you’ve actually been in a locker room before, you’d know that that just doesn’t come back over night especially with a coach of Johnson’s status because it never should be lost in the first place. Let those boys actually prove it first before you deem them the next big thing.

You’ll go on and on if I entertain you.

Fact is, HS lost a lot and the offense was trash last year. Couldn’t score against mediocre teams in Deep Run, Maury and caught the luck of a coin flip from getting beat by Manchester. 7 on 7s don’t mean nothing as you pride yourself on pointing out that these guys are looking so good. It’s no secret that there wasn’t a lot of control in that locker room last year and if you’ve actually been in a locker room before, you’d know that that just doesn’t come back over night especially with a coach of Johnson’s status because it never should be lost in the first place. Let those boys actually prove it first before you deem them the next big thing.
Realtalk78, you don't deserve a response. I feel sorry for the team/ teams you do support, whoever they are. I really don't care. You find fault in everybody else but yourself. Go talk trash to a mirror somewhere, you might do yourself good!

Realtalk78, you don't deserve a response. I feel sorry for the team/ teams you do support, whoever they are. I really don't care. You find fault in everybody else but yourself. Go talk trash to a mirror somewhere, you might do yourself good!
You feel sorry for my team? Okay, whatever. We’ve been hearing about these great receivers for a long time and HS hasn’t done anything with them in the past two years. The defense was elite, but they lost the VA State Player of the Year and 3 very good DBs. Those camp and 7 on 7 offers mean absolutely nothing, ask the LCA boys about that when going up against talented and well coached teams.

Reactions: 2up2down804
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT