ADVERTISEMENT

Huge news in Southside RVA

So did Life Christian fold or something?
To my knowledge they have not although there are rumors out there circulating that the program is in financial turmoil.

I had a chance to speak with Coach Scott yesterday for an article that will be published soon and he said the program will go on. Whether that was lip service or not, only time will tell.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Scott and his staff ain’t worried bout none of y’all’s teams. With my son cuming and this group centered around the number 1 Qb in the country CJ Scott, teams in VA won’t be a problem! After we win da state championship can we play some better competition like we are used to? Like IMG Dematha or St Francis?

Scott and his staff ain’t worried bout none of y’all’s teams. With my son cuming and this group centered around the number 1 Qb in the country CJ Scott, teams in VA won’t be a problem! After we win da state championship can we play some better competition like we are used to? Like IMG Dematha or St Francis?
Lol. @FalconParent1, now we know you have no clue. Even Scott would never sell that dream and if he did I would love to negotiate with you on some water front property in Arizona. Last time I checked Huguenot was a public school and required to play 9 of 10 Dominion District games. The Huguenot AD is a bright man and hopefully he will keep things in check. I honestly wish the Falcons well. If they do things by the rules and destroy their opponents then it only makes Region B stronger.

On another note the Hurricane parents must have bank. It's going to get quite expensive to move 35+ kids and families to Richmond. LOFL!

Confidence is the key I guess 😅

I hope your son and his friends have the talent to cash the checks your mouth is writing. It will likely be a very tough road for them if they don't. The few true claims you have made coupled with all the false ones made with bravado have painted a sizeable target on their back already.

@BoKnowsSports, I genuinely respect and appreciate the opportunity Coach Scott has offered these young men; however, if these athletes are one and done in college then it's just numbers with no value. 50-70 percent of D1 football and basketball players graduate. Thank God there are HBCU's and other D2's schools who give these kids a second chance. VA State has many former VA HS players who could not handle the business/academics of D1.

From 1-9 last year, to State championship this year, to bring on IMG, and we haven't hit Jan yet. 🤣 The incoming coach gotta love your flex.

I guess everybody is cool with "recruiting". No need to comply with the rules whatsoever right? That's what I am concerned about. Freedoms entire team is a AAU ALL STAR TEAM from NOVA and nobody seems to care. It's not like basketball where you only need twelve guys on a team. In order to compete he is going to need at least 35 players. Lol, let me get this straight. You guys lead me to believe it would be cool if I took the job at Matoaca threw money around and stole every stud from Chesterfield/Tri-Cities and had them come play for me. Think about it. If three of the best players from each Chesterfield school goes to Hugo what happens to everybody else? Ask Henderson from Monacan about how his program has been decimated by cherry picking. @General172011 we lost an impact player to recruitment and it cost us in 17 and 18. Don't be surprised if the wolf comes knocking on Daltons door.
I don't think "everyone is cool" with public schools recruiting but there isn't anything that can really be done about it. I have never heard of a VHSL member school being reprimanded for "recruiting." The only thing I could think of is if other coaches decided to boycott and not play a certain team that is suspected of recruiting but that will indirectly hurt the players of the team that is doing the boycotting. Not to mention the perception is gives of the boycotting coach. As unfortunate as it is, I think we're just at the point of no return now.

Not to mention Coach Scott has every D1 coach in America oh his phone. He guarantees his playas to get a scholarship. He put 116 kids d1 at LCA that’s more than Springers, Varina, and Trinity combined!!! LCA play a national schedule these Arrestafield teams ain’t ready for dis work! They don’t won’t dis smoke!
116 kids D1 in 5 seasons?? Yea, ok. IMG and Mater Dei doesn't even have that many in that time period. Not knocking what Coach Scott and the staff at Life have done but your numbers are exaggerated. That is an average of 23 D1 players each season. They have never had a senior class of more than 20, yet alone 23 D1 players a season.

With this kind of talk @FalconParent1 will help destroy Huguenots program rather quickly. Again, he has to bring in at least 25-30 players. If Scott does that he will be through before he starts. The AD has a family to feed too. The VHSL will be all over this and it isn't going to take Matlock to solve it either. LOL.

I doubt the VHSL will be all over it unfortunately. There have been plenty of accusations of other coaches recruiting in years past and nothing has come of it. VHSL simply doesn't have the resources to investigate every rumor or accusation of a coach recruiting. Honestly, I am not sure VHSL even cares.

@VolNation85, you are correct about the VHSL. They do not investigate. I simply meant Scott was a threat to take a few players as a Private School coach. He is now playing in the RVA coaches sand box. You can bet the Dominion District Coaches will turn him in and they will have facts. If Coach Scott is smart and starts slow he may get away with some things. If he tries to win fast and bring in his players right away it will be much easier to track and produce facts. The VHSL will address and sanction hard facts . Others will just have to do the hard work. If the coaches let it go it is going to become a fiasco. Sadly, the kids will suffer in the end.

FalconParent,

You need to talk to some of the parents that were told that their kid would get a d1 scholarship if they came to LCA! Some of them are still there and their 5th year of high school is up in their air because of this snake oil salesman! He was going to create a National program and all he did in 5 years was manage to have the most talent in VA and 5 losing seasons in a row! Name a kid from LCA that went to college that didn’t get kicked out of school or transfer within weeks of enrolling. Why did he leave LCA, that is a question that I would like to know? And we’re did all the money go that these kids paid to go there- $500 a month for each player? Will players have to actually go to class at Huguenot, because they didn’t at LCA? There needs to be an investigation down done there on the school, the preacher/politician that runs it, and the former football coach!

Coach Scott will be in da state championship this season!!!! Tons of players cumin to Forest Hill! Coach Scott already da best coach in da region look at what he built at LCA!!! He is da GOAT! Don’t see much completion in the district for the falcons.
yea well
Dinwiddie, King George Hanover, Powhatan and Varina will have much to say about that.
That is just to get out of this region.

@BoKnowsSports, I genuinely respect and appreciate the opportunity Coach Scott has offered these young men; however, if these athletes are one and done in college then it's just numbers with no value. 50-70 percent of D1 football and basketball players graduate. Thank God there are HBCU's and other D2's schools who give these kids a second chance. VA State has many former VA HS players who could not handle the business/academics of D1.
Agreed. Sad thing is, most colleges are passing them by because they play football or basketball. They get a degree and haven’t learned a thing. Let’s not even talk about the public school system.

It’s been very interesting reading this thread. I don’t disagree with anyone really. Someone made a point about falsifying transcripts. IMO, that’s extremely hard to prove as is proving a student lives in that school zone or not, especially with McKinney Vento. I don’t think the VHSL will care to look into Huguenot, especially if they continue to let Liberty Christian compete in VHSL events.

FalconParent,

You need to talk to some of the parents that were told that their kid would get a d1 scholarship if they came to LCA! Some of them are still there and their 5th year of high school is up in their air because of this snake oil salesman! He was going to create a National program and all he did in 5 years was manage to have the most talent in VA and 5 losing seasons in a row! Name a kid from LCA that went to college that didn’t get kicked out of school or transfer within weeks of enrolling. Why did he leave LCA, that is a question that I would like to know? And we’re did all the money go that these kids paid to go there- $500 a month for each player? Will players have to actually go to class at Huguenot, because they didn’t at LCA? There needs to be an investigation down done there on the school, the preacher/politician that runs it, and the former football coach!
I agree mostly with you, but I’ll add this. My biggest problem with LCA is it doesn’t prepare students for the next level, academically. Yeah Scott recruited them to come to LCA, but how much can we place blame on him for the students’ not doing what they’re supposed to at the next level? This one hits home cause I ran recruiting at my school and exerted a lot of time and resources to ensure my guys got what they needed to be promoted and ready for the next level. Had many to get opportunities and they squandered it. I’d beat myself up until I realized, I did what I was supposed to do, that’s on them. That just doesn’t happen at LCA, that’s everywhere with this generation of kids. It goes back to, you can take a horse to the water but you can’t make him drink it. A lot of blame is definitely on him for promoting that “school”, but he definitely put them into position to be successful by giving them exposure and they didn’t hold up their end.

Get out the region then you got a Phoebus to deal with. No easy roads in Class 4.
looks like Phoebus have a walk in the park over in 4A
nobody in C or D stands out (at least to me).

Last edited:
Reactions: CRF4Dan
FalconParent,

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!
I figured it was just a matter of time before someone stepped in temper the shenanigans.
I'm down here in the 757...thinking to myself...who is LCA? They're NOT talking about Liberty...these folks are whacked out.
So a 15-27 coach from an insignificant Private program is coming to a 1-9 public program next year? Yeah...NO ONE is sweating that.
I would offer a wee bit of advice...do the talking on the field FIRST....then you can come back on here a be a SCHILL for yourself. Self promoting and creating a secondary account to butcher the English language is sad....

Why did we stop showing the IP address of the posters? That used to keep dumba$$e$ from doing stuff like that....LOL

FlL2u77X0AAh88A

Agreed. Sad thing is, most colleges are passing them by because they play football or basketball. They get a degree and haven’t learned a thing. Let’s not even talk about the public school system.

It’s been very interesting reading this thread. I don’t disagree with anyone really. Someone made a point about falsifying transcripts. IMO, that’s extremely hard to prove as is proving a student lives in that school zone or not, especially with McKinney Vento. I don’t think the VHSL will care to look into Huguenot, especially if they continue to let Liberty Christian compete in VHSL events.
I agree @BoKnowsSports this has been an interesting thread with a ton of different takes with varied opinions. When I reviewed your initial take and excitement, my fear of the state of VHSL football, @mbonape1 desire for the return of a Richmond power, @VolNation85 rational thoughts on the state of affairs in today's high school football world, the three media guys who have voiced opinions, an alleged parent who does not have a clue, @Tyson Woods car analogy and @CQLcommish who obviously knows Coach Scott and the LCA program posts speak volumes about the passion we all have for this game. I guess we just need to let this situation play out and hope for the best. Happy New Year's guys/gals.

Last edited:
we are talking football in the middle of hoops season;
there is that!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: gwb16
As this thread winds down, I just wanted to take a last look at a few points of interest here.

Huguenot is ranked 223 out of 304 schools. Hell, Meadowbrook, (which is one victory removed from one of the longest losing streaks in the state), is ranked 12 spots ABOVE Huguenot. And he is talking state championship, and eluding to winning it almost immediately?

This fellow’s son is coming to Huguenot? From where? Why is this such a game changer?

The number one QB in the country? C J Scott? Nothing pops when I googled him. I would have thought that if he was #1 in the nation his name would be like Arch Manning.

Huguenot doesn’t need to wait to play the likes of Demartha, IMG, or St Francis. I‘m sure the their non district opponent would love to bail rather than be humiliated, opening a slot that would permit them to showcase their prowess.

Biggest question of all. How come a coach with the ability to take a 1 and 9 team and go win a state championship, would leave such a glorious national power team like Life Christian to accept a job at Huguenot? Why not take his superior talent to another national power team? One that is not bridled by the incumbents of the VHSL proselytizing rules?

Unless of course, the Huguenot Administration intends to permit illegal recruiting, and be complicit in covering it up?

As this thread winds down, I just wanted to take a last look at a few points of interest here.

Huguenot is ranked 223 out of 304 schools. Hell, Meadowbrook, (which is one victory removed from one of the longest losing streaks in the state), is ranked 12 spots ABOVE Huguenot. And he is talking state championship, and eluding to winning it almost immediately?

This fellow’s son is coming to Huguenot? From where? Why is this such a game changer?

The number one QB in the country? C J Scott? Nothing pops when I googled him. I would have thought that if he was #1 in the nation his name would be like Arch Manning.

Huguenot doesn’t need to wait to play the likes of Demartha, IMG, or St Francis. I‘m sure the their non district opponent would love to bail rather than be humiliated, opening a slot that would permit them to showcase their prowess.

Biggest question of all. How come a coach with the ability to take a 1 and 9 team and go win a state championship, would leave such a glorious national power team like Life Christian to accept a job at Huguenot? Why not take his superior talent to another national power team? One that is not bridled by the incumbents of the VHSL proselytizing rules?

Unless of course, the Huguenot Administration intends to permit illegal recruiting, and be complicit in covering it up?
I would be interested in seeing how many players from Varina and Manchester are left at Life to fend for them self.

Great point @HooSprings. I would also like to know how many players reclassified and are stuck too. I know the qb from Manchester Cody Shelton and wr/cb Javeon Branch reclassified. The one thing we haven't touched on are the parents ego's. Coach Hall has put a lot of kids in college and Manchester is a good program. What were the parents thinking and what exactly did they expect? Guess they are going to have to dig deep to find/fund a new school for these kids.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT