ADVERTISEMENT

I Know One thing for sure Riverheads better not get up here talking about they got 474 students

Hey Woodlayer , Did u ever look back at RH sched this year against 2a and 3a schools , evidently u can't tell sarcasm when u see it . Lost to 1 2a school . Don't see anybody running from 2a . Whatever classification they put our kids in they will play . I'm proud of our kids and their coaching staff . So if u hav a prob with their classification take it up with vhsl and let them take care of the prob if there is one , no mater where the cutoff is there is gonna b a school at the top of the cutoff # and one at the bottom .
Riverheads dropped down to single A d1 in which they should be playing single A D2. I have know problem with VHSL cutoff its just when certain schools barely make the cut off every year then its something under handed going on

It does look shady, but Riverheads would have went far in the 2A playoffs too. They would have struggled with Richlands, already lost to Draft, and most assuredly would have lost to Appo. I feel like they would have beaten everyone else in the field. The Union and Dan River games would be close, but Riverheads would win. For a 1A team, they have to use an awfully small font for their roster in the program, just saying.
they would not have went far in the D2 playoffs

I can't believe how many people have this confused. Single A had divisions 1 and 2. AA had divisions 3 and 4. AAA had divisions 5 and 6. you can't even argue that Division 2 then was the same as AA now because in the old system was broken down on the region level and there wasn't an actual number that separated divisions or even classes for that matter. There were some single A teams bigger than some AA teams. There were AAA teams small enough to be AA, etc. The new system is more fair because there is at least an actual cutoff between classes where before a school could play up or down based on geography, rivals, etc.
I think its just typos there are talking about single A d2

Reactions: Chilwar25
This is all getting ridiculous. I have no love lost for Riverheads as a big rival of theirs, but come on now. How come this isn't brought up years they dont win? And obviously woodlayer you just dont want to give them credit or admit you were wrong. Said 2 different times they would lose, once 18-12 another 30-7 and now that they won you want to talk down about them? You are telling me that at beginning of playoffs that the numbers didn't matter? It certainly wasn't brought up then. And since they won, they wouldn't go far in 2A? They lost to 1 team this year, and yes they were 2A, but that was also a Final 4 team and that final four team lost by a point. They also beat other 2A schools.

And as for what I know your response of your last prediction is going to be, "I said if Sussex couldn't stop Super Power they would be in for a long day, well yes obviously if they would be stopped they wouldn't win. Real smart there. And it also seems like you were quite a bit off from your statement that Sussex would be best defense Riverheads would see all year, seems like that was Stuarts Draft

Riverheads current Junior and senior classes have between 110-120

Soph class -- around 125
Fresh Class -- unsure

Easily find this info with the dept of education reports...
but REMEMBER ADM is a different metric.

All this crying by people especially adults is really sad/pathetic.

If it makes you feel better to complain go ahead.... or you can be classy like galax and get better. That may be a better lesson.

And people from Region A wonder why the rest of the state looks at their actions and words differently.

Soph class -- around 125
Fresh Class -- unsure

If it makes you feel better to complain go ahead.... or you can be classy like galax and get better. That may be a better lesson.

And people from Region A wonder why the rest of the state looks at their actions and words differently.
Well said !

Soph class -- around 125
Fresh Class -- unsure

Dont lump us all in together.

Reactions: gwb16

Soph class -- around 125
Fresh Class -- unsure

Is it crying if its true? You can only get so much better when you have less athletes to choose from. You think it's classy that people would fudge numbers. You don't have to agree, but to call people classless because they don't agree with your view is well, classless. It is obvious that the numbers are sketchy. I think it is sad and pathetic that a school would do what RH is doing, that is truly sad.

Is it crying if its true? You can only get so much better when you have less athletes to choose from. You think it's classy that people would fudge numbers. You don't have to agree, but to call people classless because they don't agree with your view is well, classless. It is obvious that the numbers are sketchy. I think it is sad and pathetic that a school would do what RH is doing, that is truly sad.

It is 100% crying/sad/pathetic when you have no proof...no numbers...no anything...
ESPECIALLY when I present you with hard numbers

Just shows your true ignorant colors.....

I just went to RH own website. It clearly states they have more than 474. That is a fact. I don't know where you got your bs numbers. The number that gets them in 1A is a projection, 474. The real number is reported on Sept 30 of every year. 2014 was 478. 2015 was 488. 2016 was 481. Pretty much right out the horse's mouth. So, you can go on calling me ignorant all you want, but you are the fool. Maybe you should have went to UVA instead of wasting your money at JMU

Reactions: Dtayl6
"Maybe he should have went to UVa...." I think I will let that one speak for itself.

Those numbers you just mentioned do not prove very much. If any school is that close to 475, then there are some days they will be over and some days they will be under. What do you expect the VHSL to do......send somebody out to every school every day and count the kids? The numbers could get kind of crazy, especially during flu season.

A number of years ago, one school that comes to mind (Central of Woodstock) was jerked back and forth so many times between the two divisions that they probably lost track of what classification they were. No school should be treated like that, so for RHS and everybody else out there, put them one place and let them stay.

Yes the numbers are close, and there will always be a school on the bubble. But 481>475. So they are over. And if they are not reporting 40-50 special ed student as has been said, then their real number is over 500. Rules are rules. Lets just mark off 7yds for a 10 yd penalty

I just went to RH own website. It clearly states they have more than 474. That is a fact. I don't know where you got your bs numbers. The number that gets them in 1A is a projection, 474. The real number is reported on Sept 30 of every year. 2014 was 478. 2015 was 488. 2016 was 481. Pretty much right out the horse's mouth. So, you can go on calling me ignorant all you want, but you are the fool. Maybe you should have went to UVA instead of wasting your money at JMU

ADM is done in MARCH not in September.... again know facts before you spout off.

http://bi.vita.virginia.gov/doe_bi/rdPage.aspx?rdReport=Main&subRptName=Fallmembership

Sussex Central ADM 315 --- however link above has them 342
OMG there is a slight variance.... call the school board.... call the newspapers...

Wilson is a great example --- their freshman class has 215 but the classes ahead of them have 185-197
If the 6th and 7th grade classes come in over 200 then they will be 3A more than likely in two years.

Look at Radford reason the moved up to 2A next year
Senior class 108
Sophmore class 140
Freshman class 135

Do the math..... it's not hard.... look up real numbers....
Don't be the "he said/she said" guys.

Reactions: rhsgrad
I just find it odd that RH has lost nearly 20% of their student body from '07-'16 and yet they hire MORE teachers? How does that work? I really am asking, I'm not trying to be funny.

Note: In '07 they had 38 teachers with 579 students and in '16 they have 40 teachers with 474 students.

I just find it odd that RH has lost nearly 20% of their student body from '07-'16 and yet they hire MORE teachers? How does that work? I really am asking, I'm not trying to be funny.

Note: In '07 they had 38 teachers with 579 students and in '16 they have 40 teachers with 474 students.
Your not allowed to question anything that has to do with RH

43 people listed on the school staff directory which includes 2 guidance counselors, a librarian, a nurse, athletic trainer, an asst principal and the athletic director/asst principal. That would equate to 36 teachers.

No shit. That whats this is about. They report different numbers than what they actually have. You just made my point
Tired of beating this dead horse. RHS is State Champion in D 1. I have no idea where Gator Bait got his numbers and at this point I really dont care. Time to move on my friend. Call the VHSL office and bark up that tree. I just dont like people trying to tarnish what a group of kids worked very hard to accomplish. Didnt here all of this non sense when we lost last year in the championship. Signing off of this message board until next August.

Reactions: Bama1985
VHSL listed RIverheads as 1A. They are State Champions. They have a great program and the kids and coaching staff earned it. If it needs to be addressed, it should be done by the VHSL. Stop trying to make excuses for why they are as good as they are. I gave up a long time ago and we have to face them every year. Congrats to RHS on their title. That "Little League" offense is very hard to stop and unless you are physically better than they are, you won't. That showed in these playoffs.

Reactions: Bama1985
Tired of beating this dead horse. RHS is State Champion in D 1. I have no idea where Gator Bait got his numbers and at this point I really dont care. Time to move on my friend. Call the VHSL office and bark up that tree. I just dont like people trying to tarnish what a group of kids worked very hard to accomplish. Didnt here all of this non sense when we lost last year in the championship. Signing off of this message board until next August.

I apologize, I used the term "teacher", I believe they meant "staff". So...in '07 when RH's enrollment was 579 they had 38 "staff" and in '16 when their enrollment was 474 they had 40 "staff". But as you stated, their website stated 43 as of today, so that's even more odd.

I will say that I tip my hat to RH, but if what I am reading is true (turning in different data to different entities) then it is disheartening. I get it, RH is on the line between 1A and 2A, but it just seems odd that they lose nearly 20% of their student body from '07-'16. They also have the exact number under what is the cutoff from 1A to 2A. That's either just really lucky or something shady is going on.

Nonetheless, they won 1A. Congrats. I just don't give a huge congrats to a team IF they really are gaming the system.

THEY DO ADM EVERY TWO YEARS......

Why does it make a difference when... hmm lets see
1. Kids could move
2. Kids could drop out
3. Kids could graduate early

It really is amazing people can be so petty when jealous.......

Why is Sussex 342 on the DOE vs 315 on ADM....
Who cares..... the numbers are what they are.

Everyone plays under the same rules.... some "conspiracy theory" because "someone" said something -- give me a break

Oh well, I'm tired of my school that has about 250 kids having to compete against a school twice the size. And it is not nonsense, it is called cheating. You don't have any idea? You don't care? If you don't care then get lost

THEY DO ADM EVERY TWO YEARS......

Why does it make a difference when... hmm lets see
1. Kids could move
2. Kids could drop out
3. Kids could graduate early

It really is amazing people can be so petty when jealous.......

Why is Sussex 342 on the DOE vs 315 on ADM....
Who cares..... the numbers are what they are.

Everyone plays under the same rules.... some "conspiracy theory" because "someone" said something -- give me a break

Do you honestly think its fair that a school with 200-250 kids has to compete against a school with 488, almost TWICE as many? You think that is petty?

SHOW one shred of proof cheating.... just one.... anything

not just Riverheads... ANY school in VA who has been caught lowering their ADM number....

ONE.... one example??????

OR
the reality is it's a pity party

Do you honestly think its fair that a school with 200-250 kids has to compete against a school with 488, almost TWICE as many? You think that is petty?
Your problem isn't with Riverheads or VHSL if you think schools with enrollments of 250 students can't or shouldn't compete against schools with enrollments of 488.The fact is, there just aren't enough schools in the state small enough for your school. Seriously, do you want us to go to a 12A system of 25 schools per class?

Small schools like Colonial Beach, Franklin, Narrows, JIB, William Campbell,and Hurley prove year after year they can compete against much larger schools. Do larger schools win more often? Yes, this a statistical fact and they do have the advantage of a larger pool of potential talent. A line has to be drawn somewhere though and 475 is a reasonable cutoff. I personally think it should be 450, but then Riverheads will have to start reporting 449.

actually with some smaller schools talking about consolidating I could see the 475 being raised.

Well said !
unsure about the freshman class huh the freshman class puts rhs right at 474 doesn't it lol yawl are funny you cant state facts about every grade level but you are unsure about the freshman class. this is what make rhs look so fraudulent

They can't say the freshmen class because the students of Buffalo Gap and Riverheads share a middle school. So they don't have the number yet.

It is 100% crying/sad/pathetic when you have no proof...no numbers...no anything...
ESPECIALLY when I present you with hard numbers

Just shows your true ignorant colors.....
pioneer stats got us some number and these are your facts
I'm a number kind of person so I looked at the numbers fpr Riverheads high dating back to 1999 to 2016 and here are the results
year attendance
99 519
00 519
01 517
02 518
03 495
04 493
05 536
06 561
07 579
08 526
09 496
10 496
11 512 division 2
12 512 division 2
13 494 division 2
14 474 division 2
15 474
16 474

so from a high in 07 to a low in 14 15 16 you lost a 105 students did they lose at least 4 teachers per subject also just looking at the numbers they look fishy no growth or loss in 3 years and by all other years the enrollment moves

There is no way in H#LL Riverheads is going to have 474 three years in a row I guess no one graduated for three year HUH

Oh well, I'm tired of my school that has about 250 kids having to compete against a school twice the size. And it is not nonsense, it is called cheating. You don't have any idea? You don't care? If you don't care then get lost
You sound like such a crybaby...what do u think the cutoff should be? 250? 300?

Reactions: gladiators01
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT