ADVERTISEMENT

If any games are played:

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
The likelihood is there wouldn't be a 10 game slate. So just for kicks list your team's reg schedule and then eliminate between 2-4 games. If games happen the season will likely be shortened with the furthest games most likely eliminated. Games OOD could also be the first to go. Sometimes OOD games could be closer than district games. Kind of speculate what games you think will make the cut, which will probably not, or just how you would do things if you were in charge.

Salem's schedule:

Amherst
Franklin Co
Northside
Blacksburg
Christiansburg
Patrick Henry
Martinsburg
Cave Spring
Hidden Valley
Pulaski

Games that could be eliminated because of distance:

Unfortunately Martinsburg is the furthest away and OOD.

Amherst is 2nd furthest and also OOD.

If the furthest games are eliminated Pulaski would be the 3rd furthest away, but they are district. I wonder if district games are safe, or closest games would be played?

Blacksburg is 4th furthest, but also district

Schedule with OOD games eliminated:

Blacksburg
Christiansburg
Patrick Henry
Cave Spring
Hidden Valley
Pulaski

Schedule if 6 closest games played:

Franklin Co
Northside
Christiansburg
Patrick Henry
Cave Spring
Hidden Valley

The likelihood is there wouldn't be a 10 game slate. So just for kicks list your team's reg schedule and then eliminate between 2-4 games. If games happen the season will likely be shortened with the furthest games most likely eliminated. Games OOD could also be the first to go. Sometimes OOD games could be closer than district games. Kind of speculate what games you think will make the cut, which will probably not, or just how you would do things if you were in charge.

Salem's schedule:

Amherst
Franklin Co
Northside
Blacksburg
Christiansburg
Patrick Henry
Martinsburg
Cave Spring
Hidden Valley
Pulaski

If the furthest games are eliminated Pulaski would be the 3rd furthest away, but they are district. I wonder if district games are safe, or closest games would be played?

Blacksburg
Christiansburg
Patrick Henry
Cave Spring
Hidden Valley
Pulaski

Franklin Co
Northside
Christiansburg
Patrick Henry
Cave Spring
Hidden Valley
I would say everyone would just play district games

Okay playing devil’s advocate here. Let’s say we only play district schedule. What do we do about different sized districts? I know more 2A so I’ll use that example. Dogwood plays 6 district games. JRD plays 8. Also with district you’d tell a team like Dan River for example it’s better for them to play Nelson County than cross county rival Tunstall

Salem's schedule:

Amherst
Franklin Co
Northside
Blacksburg
Christiansburg
Patrick Henry
Martinsburg
Cave Spring
Hidden Valley
Pulaski

Blacksburg
Christiansburg
Patrick Henry
Cave Spring
Hidden Valley
Pulaski

Franklin Co
Northside
Christiansburg
Patrick Henry
Cave Spring
Hidden Valley
Pulaski and Salem are at Salem this year so the distance wouldnt figure in for Salem. Out of curiosity, is Franklin Co really closer? I just hope the kids get to play, well and i get to watch lol

Pulaski and Salem are at Salem this year so the distance wouldnt figure in for Salem. Out of curiosity, is Franklin Co really closer? I just hope the kids get to play, well and i get to watch lol
Well it wouldn't be distance for Salem, but for Pulaski this year. Franklin Co might be 5 minutes closer, it's not much difference. I hope we get to see football this year or early next year. The world is depressing enough right now, losing football would be awful. Take care tombstone, good to see you post.

I see Botetourt has cancelled all fall sports. Just a matter of time before all school systems throw in the towel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT