ADVERTISEMENT

If the thread is shutdown, it should be deleted from Preps.

If a thread is shutdown it should be deleted from Preps.

This is one thread of a lot of examples:

https://virginiapreps.forums.rivals.com/threads/former-pulaski-county-wr-ej-horton.65469/

Some people get away with A LOT more than others. I’ve spoken to a lot of posters and they agree!
Agree to a certain extent. Personal attacks on an individual's character, unfounded gossip/rumors and some other egregious statements should not be left up in a banned thread, in my opinion, and if the specific posts cannot be deleted then the thread is better off being nuked. However, in the case of petty back and forth and some less egregious though no less childish or inappropriate behavior, leaving the banned thread up is not a problem, in my opinion, for a couple of reasons. It can serve as a useful example of what and how not to post as well as a point of reference for other posters wishing to avoid interaction with those who have a history of behaving in less than appropriate fashion. Finally, as far as some getting away with A LOT more than others that is just life and a judgement call by those in charge. Sometimes leeway is given based on past history and sometimes it is taken away based on the same thing. A thankless job to be a moderator and nobody is ever going to agree with all decisions. My opinion is posters should get the respect and the leeway they earn.

Agree to a certain extent. Personal attacks on an individual's character, unfounded gossip/rumors and some other egregious statements should not be left up in a banned thread, in my opinion, and if the specific posts cannot be deleted then the thread is better off being nuked. However, in the case of petty back and forth and some less egregious though no less childish or inappropriate behavior, leaving the banned thread up is not a problem, in my opinion, for a couple of reasons. It can serve as a useful example of what and how not to post as well as a point of reference for other posters wishing to avoid interaction with those who have a history of behaving in less than appropriate fashion. Finally, as far as some getting away with A LOT more than others that is just life and a judgement call by those in charge. Sometimes leeway is given based on past history and sometimes it is taken away based on the same thing. A thankless job to be a moderator and nobody is ever going to agree with all decisions. My opinion is posters should get the respect and the leeway they earn.
Well stated and I agree with the petty back and forth, HOWEVER, when the character of a child or a person who is not here to defend themselves is being talked about then it should be taken down. The Horton kid recently, a lot of posts about HoosFan, the kid who played at Sherando last year, A LOT of junk on the 1A and 2A boards, and myself last year when I was “banned” and slandered, have been slaughtered on this board and the “higher ups” kept the junk on here. I just used myself as an example, I have no personal gains, but my main goal is advocating for the others. It’s some ugly stuff that is still up about some.

My opinion is posters should get the respect and the leeway they earn.
I didn’t mean to say however in the last post, you and I have the same views on the personal attacks. I was always to taught to respect everybody, even the ones who disrespect you. You don’t have to kiss their hind pots to get along with them but there’s nothing wrong with respecting others. You can do one of four things on VP. Ignore a person, get into a pissing contest, unwatch the thread or do what I did for the year, leave it all alone. You should never jeopardize your principles, morals and values in any situation. That’s all a man has at the end of the day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT