ADVERTISEMENT

Is Rustburg front runner in 3A to take title

St River has only played 1 team with a winning record and they lost that game .of all teams ranked in top ten in state 3a only 1 team has a better sos then brookville and it's not rustburg

That was my point. Any time St. River has a good year it's because they have a favorable schedule. That's why they moved out of the Seminole.

Reactions: onereddevil4
The Seminole is not down this year nor is the Staunton River record this year solely a product of a favorable schedule. Things will sort themselves out come playoff time and the truly deserving teams will be easy to see when all is said and done.

The Seminole is not down this year nor is the Staunton River record this year solely a product of a favorable schedule. Things will sort themselves out come playoff time and the truly deserving teams will be easy to see when all is said and done.

Thanks for the group hug, cutnjump. Just opinions.

There are always teams that benefit from favorable schedules, not just Staunton River. Teams that are not prepared by regular season tests are usually exposed. Such was the case with Western Albemarle last year. Brookville beat them in the regular season and had the seeding put the Bees at WA and SR at Magna Vista, nobody would have spoke of a 7-6 SR team. But that must be my "spread mentality." Sorry if I don't believe you should run your one stud 40 times every Friday night like Overstreet, Basham, etc. In the playoffs, you have to be able to attack all areas of the field. Brookville, Magna Vista, and Northside have all won the ring with this "spread mentality." Just to name a few.

Thanks for the group hug, cutnjump. Just opinions.

There are always teams that benefit from favorable schedules, not just Staunton River. Teams that are not prepared by regular season tests are usually exposed. Such was the case with Western Albemarle last year. Brookville beat them in the regular season and had the seeding put the Bees at WA and SR at Magna Vista, nobody would have spoke of a 7-6 SR team. But that must be my "spread mentality." Sorry if I don't believe you should run your one stud 40 times every Friday night like Overstreet, Basham, etc. In the playoffs, you have to be able to attack all areas of the field. Brookville, Magna Vista, and Northside have all won the ring with this "spread mentality." Just to name a few.
Brookville, Magna Vista and Northside just like most of their predecessors won the rings because they had the best collection of athletes that year and the coaches did not do anything to screw it up. Cream always rises to the top, much more about the Jimmys and the Joes come playoff time than the X's and the O's.

Brookville, Magna Vista and Northside just like most of their predecessors won the rings because they had the best collection of athletes that year and the coaches did not do anything to screw it up. Cream always rises to the top, much more about the Jimmys and the Joes come playoff time than the X's and the O's.

Agreed. This is in line with what I said yesterday. That's why I like the Bees against anybody they play. To me, running a high school kid until he can't walk IS screwing it up and those with multiple weapons are the ones who rise to the top.

Overstreet averages less than 20 carries per game (If you need proof, go check the timesland leader board.....he's all over it) You complain about the carries and stats so I'm sensing some jealousy. I think you are upset that he's a shoe in for the Titan trophy next year. With your justification of the beating you took to Rustburg I'm sure you're just stockpiling excuses for what ever Brookville player you think should win next year.

And your point would be?? . . . . . Have you ever played high school or college football, or even coached, or really know the game,

Overstreet averages less than 20 carries per game (If you need proof, go check the timesland leader board.....he's all over it) You complain about the carries and stats so I'm sensing some jealousy. I think you are upset that he's a shoe in for the Titan trophy next year. With your justification of the beating you took to Rustburg I'm sure you're just stockpiling excuses for what ever Brookville player you think should win next year.

Sorry, but I'm not interested in individual awards. Rings are what matter. Although, I do imagine its hard for a SR fan to "act like they've been there before."

So you're telling me that when it comes playoff time and SR needs to outscore someone in the second round, they aren't going to give the ball to Overstreet as many times as needed? I imagine he does only average 20 carries when you are blowing out 1 and forever teams. Of course he gets pulled. You and I and everybody they play knows who is getting the ball when it matters. Fact.

Reactions: iskolinbckers
When did I ever tell you that at some point he wont get over 20 carries? I stated facts, you were the one who spewed out some random number of 40 carries per game and claimed SRs coaching staff was wearing the kid out. Speaking of facts the other 2 RB's in that backfield have accounted for 1500 yards rushing and 15 TDs. Seems like they aren't a one trick pony after all. With your in depth stat analysis and revolutionary thoughts on play calling maybe you should give ESPN a call and see if you could replace Gruden. I would love to listen to you explain that your best player should touch the ball in crunch time again.

I just don't see Stanton River being able to get major stops in games to win closer games. Sure they can put up points but we ALL know what wins championships...

I agree that the west is more well rounded but I'm gonna go ahead and make a vague prediction that a Seminole team will play for the trophy. Heritage is good and I think they can go pretty far if they close out games. Would really like to see a SRiver/Brookville matchup...
Interesting... I really hope this is your theory moving forward as feelings may be hurt!

I hope it happens too. I understand Brooville has great tradition and some rings but I remember a time when Brookville was ranked #1 in AA and SR had a great running game with 2 explosive backs and a big physical line. All B'ville had to do was stop Jarrett Ferguson and Kevin Martin, SR took B'ville behind the "woody" shed that night. Even left some cleat marks on some chests.

I hope it happens too. I understand Brooville has great tradition and some rings but I remember a time when Brookville was ranked #1 in AA and SR had a great running game with 2 explosive backs and a big physical line. All B'ville had to do was stop Jarrett Ferguson and Kevin Martin, SR took B'ville behind the "woody" shed that night. Even left some cleat marks on some chests.

Was that this century?

If Staunton River meets any Seminole team in the playoffs I sure hope
they have a better defense than what gave up 79 points to a pathetic
Western Albemarle team last year in the playoffs.If not, another record
will be broken.

If Staunton River meets any Seminole team in the playoffs I sure hope
they have a better defense than what gave up 79 points to a pathetic
Western Albemarle team last year in the playoffs.If not, another record
will be broken.

Yep. I haven't always agreed with your posts Bfootball08, but I think you hit the nail on the head with this one. You just can't believe a team that gives up 79 points puts much emphasis on defense in practice. Regardless if it was last year. That kind of culture comes from the coaching staff.

I wouldn't call last year's Western Albemarle offense "pathetic" at all. If they had a legit defense, they could've made a run like 2014.

I remember that too! My senior season.... They didnt exactly take us behind the woodshed though.... We just couldnt stop their run...They won... But it wasnt a beating by any stretch... We went on to appear in the state championship... SR fell 2nd or 3rd round to Salem, I believe...

With Phoebus now getting shutout in 2 straight I don't see how Rustburg wouldn't be the front runner right now. Lord Botertourt is good as well but I think a team with good D will beat them... I think it's possible for them (Rustburg) to at least go all the way. Winning it is a whole different ball game... News & Advance was hinting on the possibility that this team had a chance before the season started.
Friday night vs Amherst will tell us everything we need to know & probably answer that question.
I like Staunton River too but only if they can out score every team they meet... Abingdon I haven't seen, but isn't their season schedule fairly weak? Seems to me they run through the regular season and get to playoffs and lose fairly quickly.
I agree. On the West side at least overall play is down. SR is way better and Rustburg also. LB not as good but still plenty good . Don't know much about teams from the East.

Amherst took the red devil's to the woodshed last nite. they was completely man handle from 2nd quater on. They were out played . Amherst line took over on both sides of the ball., Amherst scored 35 points in 2nd half

Amherst took the red devil's to the woodshed last nite. they was completely man handle from 2nd quater on. They were out played . Amherst line took over on both sides of the ball., Amherst scored 35 points in 2nd half
Yes they did and I told everyone after the first quarter, just give Amherst time meaning they seem to need to adjust and then it will change and I was right. Rustburg never scored again after that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT