ADVERTISEMENT

Jefferson for September 8th

blackknight_pride

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2016
Harrisonburg
Harrisonburg 5A (1-1) @ #22 Charlottesville 4A (1-1)
Both teams bounced back in their week 1 losses in impressive fashion in their home openers. Harrisonburg beat John Handley 41-20 and Charlottesville beat James Monroe 46-21. Now we've got an underrated game back in the Ville for Friday. Harrisonburg is better than most people think I believe, and will be looking for a big win before entering Valley District play. Charlottesville is going to be hungry for anther win after their big one against James Monroe, and those 5A power points are looking good for Cville. It'll be closer than people think, but I still got Charlottesville with the W. Charlottesville 35-28

#10 Louisa County 4A (2-0) @ King George 4A (0-2)
Louisa is looking real scary right now. They've got one more game before going into Jefferson District play, and they'll be ready to make another statement. Poor King George has an an awfully hard schedule, and 0-3 is looking rather likely for the Foxes. Home field will help, but the Lions are just too stacked. Louisa with the big W. Louisa 41-14

Powhatan 4A (0-1) @ Caroline 4A (0-1)
Powhatan disappointed many last Thursday when they fell at home to lowly Midlothian, 26-21. The Indians will be eager to come out and prove themselves. This is certainly no Powhatan of old, but expect them to come out fighting. Caroline, however, has something to prove as well. Look for this one to be a close game. I've got Powhatan with the W. Powhatan 28-24

#9 Eastern View 4A (2-0) @ Orange County 5A (1-0)
We were in this situation last year, Orange was ready to prove themselves...then wham, Eastern View came into Porterfield and whopped the Hornets 40-0. Don't expect it to be any different this year. It's hard for anyone to stop the Cyclones, and Orange is down from last year. Eastern View with the big W. Eastern View 55-7

#18 Western Albemarle 3A (1-0) @ #3 Lord Botetourt 3A (2-0)
Lord Botetourt made a statement last week, taking out Blacksburg. Western is coming off of it's bye week, and is ready to make a statement. It's in Daleville, and that gives Lord Botetourt a big boost, plus the fact that they have been a power in 3A recently. However, Western is coming off their bye and they can put plenty of points on the board. A lot of people are going to be skeptical for me saying this, but I say the Warriors take home the W. Western 45-41

Turner Ashby 3A (0-2) @ #19 Monticello 3A (1-0)
Monticello is coming off of their bye as well, and is ready to get back to work. Turner Ashby is coming off of two outings where they gave up 50+ points. The Knights are going to try and get back in the swing of things, but Monticello's offense will just be too good. Monticello 35-21

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT