ADVERTISEMENT

KF 21 Lakeland 6

Aug 31, 2017
Game started it looked like it could get ugly fast. Lakeland took opening kickoff and fumbled on the second play from scrimmage. Butts took it in for 6 two plays later. I've been around KF football for two years now. The Kennel was rockin. Loudest I've ever heard it.

Then, Lakeland returned the kickoff for a TD. Probably the quietest I've heard it, lol.

Lakeland did a good job defensively and didn't play a bad game overall.

KF was off tonight. Two TDs that were dropped. QB was rattled most of the night. Butts really didn't break many long runs, compared to what he usually does.

Even still, very proud of tonight's win. Justin German, KF QB, showed a lot of maturity tonight. He had a rough time. Under constant pressure. It got frustrating, but Justin was able to maintain his cool and lead this team to a win. His TD pass was a thing of beauty. He was pressured to his right, kept his eyes down field, and dropped a dime to his receiver that broke off his route when Justin started scrambling. Very nice play.

It's always better to win then lose. I think this was actually a really good game for KF. This team has had issues last year, and against Western Branch this year, to let things get away when things aren't working. It didn't happen tonight and I know Lakeland is a 3a school but this is a big time rivalry. Lakeland always brings their best to this one and they have some good ball players. Maturity won this game for KF tonight, it wasn't the prettiest and there are definitely things to work on but in the end the 2017 Kings Fork Bulldogs are City Champs here in Suffolk. That's a big deal for these seniors.

Deep Creek next week. Playoffs start to shake out!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT