ADVERTISEMENT

Knocking off a Top Five Seed in 4A

Nobody.
The top 4 seeds have a bye in the first round.
#5 Woodgrove hosts Heritage-Leesburg on Friday night. Woodgrove will take care of bidness......

#6 Dinwiddie vs #3Monacan
Both teams know each other well and both coaches have coached together. Henderson was an asst. under Mills. Monacan had a weak schedule this year and Dinwiddie is proven. Dinwiddie on a roll the past 4 games. This could be a upset.

I don't think the either of those teams would be considered a upset. Only team I would say could be considered a upset is if Lake Taylor or Lafayette lost considering they went undefeated. Louisa beating Hanover Dinwiddie beating Monacan Or Chancellor beating EV all are not upsets to me.

Reactions: wikki
Dinwiddie/Monacan matchup is by far the most intriguing in the 1st round of 4A East.
Very similar in style, this game is going to come down to who executes better. GeneralsPride, don't get me wrong, the win over Meadowbrook was quite impressive this past Friday, but the 3 games before that, PG, Col Hgts, and Petersburg...as you said in another thread...come on man! I would rate those 3 right up there with Monacan's "weak" schedule. Playing at Monacan gives them the home field advantage and they do have a very vocal and supportive crowd. This game could very well come down to Special Teams and the kicking game. I have to give the nod to Monacan there....Dinwiddie has a strong leg kicker...just has been inconsistent AT TIMES! I say Monacan wins 27-24

I don't think the either of those teams would be considered a upset. Only team I would say could be considered a upset is if Lake Taylor or Lafayette lost considering they went undefeated. Louisa beating Hanover Dinwiddie beating Monacan Or Chancellor beating EV all are not upsets to me.
Agreed. Upsets by seeding only.

Reactions: OCBoy
Louisa/Hanover...that would be the biggest upset. I still think it will be close but that the return of Cheatham makes the offensive difference that out scores the Lions.

Never going to happen IMO, or I have thought the traditional east teams are much better than they are. the generals although not a upset, are going to step up against the top ten team . Will be close!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT