ADVERTISEMENT

Knocking off a Top Five Seed in 5A

There will be no surprises in 5A South. Bird is coming out of the Richmond region. Bird figured out something nobody else has figured out.

If anybody beats Bird it will be Highland Springs. The Springers did learn something about Bird and has brought that into this years Springer squad. That would be the play of the offensive line and defense. This Springer team has the best O line in many years and the defense isn't far behind. We WILL be their toughest challlenge if we both make it to the 3rd round!

Reactions: CRF4Dan
Highland Springs doesn't stand a chance against Bird. Highland Springs is not physical enough.

Lol ok. Highland Springs ain't physical. Never has been. But you'll see. Bird knows something that they don't.

That defensive front I saw for HS is big, physical, and quick. I'd like to see them play bird or a rematch with hermitage.

Lol ok. Highland Springs ain't physical. Never has been. But you'll see. Bird knows something that they don't.
I've already seen! That's what I said! Maybe you didn't read my post. I've seen Bird 4 times. They are good, but they aren't any better than Highland Springs. About even I'd say. It will be a good game. Much like last years. HS had a 23-22 lead with about 2 minutes left in that game when Bird kicked a field goal to take the lead 25-23 and hung on by the skin on their teeth to steal a victory from the Springers... Tell you what, this years Springer team is leaps and bounds better than last years version.
You'll see!
Bird and Hermitage will tangle next week while we take on Lee Davis in a rematch that HS won 42-0 one month ago. I expect HS to win that one. Hermitage vs. Bird.... flip a coin, it could go either way!
Bird and Hermitage will decide which one of you even has the right to play HS again!

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Highland Springs can't beat Bird. It has nothing to do with talent. Bird runs the ball almost every play and they hold too. But the refs can't completely slow down the game and call a hold every play. That's why Bird will win. They never have the most talent.

One demensioal teams can get beat!
Herm & Bird can beat each other up next week and we'll see which one earns the right to play HSHS!
Bird could be eliminated next week. I see a rematch with Herm actually. Bird might be able to get away with all those penalties with the Matoacas, George Wythes and Huguenots, but the won't hold up against Herm or HS!

Bird starting D ain't gave up but 6 points all season. Bird holds and Highland Springs and nobody around here can stop it. Highland Springs has to win this week first. They might be done.

Bird starting D ain't gave up but 6 points all season. Bird holds and Highland Springs and nobody around here can stop it. Highland Springs has to win this week first. They might be done.
As I said, Bird and Hermitage can beat each other up next week. Flip a coin on who will win that one! Highland Springs beating Lee Davis next week is a strong probability of a repeat from one month ago (42-0 Springer win). You two will fight for the right to play us, the #1 Seed! Who gives a rats ass about a 6 points all season. Bird hasn't played an offense like Highland Springs' either. As a matter of fact BIRD HASN'T PLAYED ANYBODY YET!!! LOL! Give me a break, that weak schedule they played, they were predicted to march through the regular season with 10 shut outs! What happened? 19 points, that's considered terrible!

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Springer76 I don't get on here much but I think your tone is a bit off. You seem to forget that, 1) HERM bested you in Week 1; and 2) HERM had the inside track to the #1 seed if it were not for two unlikely losses by two teams it beat during the regular season. All this talk about "earning the right to play HSHS in the third round" and "let Bird and HERM beat each other up;" you seem to have forgotten that it could have gone a completely different way. Let the boys play it out on the field and save the talk for the gridiron. Look what happened to an over-confident Ronda Rousey last night. Like others are saying, you still have to get through a hungry LD team before the Springers themselves earn the right to play anyone in the third round. #justsaying.

I've already seen! That's what I said! Maybe you didn't read my post. I've seen Bird 4 times. They are good, but they aren't any better than Highland Springs. About even I'd say. It will be a good game. Much like last years. HS had a 23-22 lead with about 2 minutes left in that game when Bird kicked a field goal to take the lead 25-23 and hung on by the skin on their teeth to steal a victory from the Springers... Tell you what, this years Springer team is leaps and bounds better than last years version.
You'll see!
Bird and Hermitage will tangle next week while we take on Lee Davis in a rematch that HS won 42-0 one month ago. I expect HS to win that one. Hermitage vs. Bird.... flip a coin, it could go either way!
Bird and Hermitage will decide which one of you even has the right to play HS again!
I have to agree. Bird isn't as good as Highland Springs. Seen Bird three times (all weaker opponents) and saw Springs against Atlee and Henrico. Springs offense is probably the best I've seen in a long time. Defense is scary underrated. They'll knock your block off. It's gonna take a lot to knock off HS, too many athletes!

Springer76 I don't get on here much but I think your tone is a bit off. You seem to forget that, 1) HERM bested you in Week 1; and 2) HERM had the inside track to the #1 seed if it were not for two unlikely losses by two teams it beat during the regular season. All this talk about "earning the right to play HSHS in the third round" and "let Bird and HERM beat each other up;" you seem to have forgotten that it could have gone a completely different way. Let the boys play it out on the field and save the talk for the gridiron. Look what happened to an over-confident Ronda Rousey last night. Like others are saying, you still have to get through a hungry LD team before the Springers themselves earn the right to play anyone in the third round. #justsaying.
I
The boys will play. I'm just ribbing anh5! My confidence has nothing to do with the confidence of the kids playing football. They have to stay focused and not take LD lightly. If they do that, they will be fine. Still, Herm and Bird will duke it out in (what I consider) an epic battle between 2 titans. The winner gets the winner of LD vs. HS. LD is a good football team. HS just has too many weapons on offense and defense. I honestly don't think anybody thinks HS will lose this one..
If in fact HS does win. Then there will be another "Clash of the Titans" at Victor Kreiter Stadium next week. Like I said, flip a coin on Herm vs. Bird. Two evenly matched teams. All 3, Bird, Herm and HS are evenly matched. It could go either way with any of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Highland Springs always has athletes. Bird is going to beat Hermitage and Whoever else. I can't stand Bird but I know what they do. I've seen Bird beat plenty of teams with way more talent and athleticism. Bird has a winning formula. You seem to forget they are the most consistent program in Richmond for the past 20 years.

Bird runs the ball and they hold almost every play. And nobody around here is ready for that and their physicality. Unless the refs throw flags all day Bird wins against anybody.

Will be interesting to see how well Atlee plays vs. Tuscaraura in 5A North. If they can upset Tusky, they will travel to the winner of Brooke Point/North Stafford for Thanksgiving weekend.

Doesn't make me any difference really. It was only a prediction. Mighty cocky even though Hermitage beat Highland Springs already. You'd think Highland Springs was undefeated the way you talk.

Highland Springs beat LD by a touchdown. It'll take much more next week.
Did they really?... and I know, it will take more than that. I do agree with you! But to be honest... I think Lee Davis has a ton more offense than Bird does. Bird just runs the ball ( according to you). Lee Davis has a real good pass and good run game. We still put up 41 points on them again!

Did they really?... and I know, it will take more than that. I do agree with you! But to be honest... I think Lee Davis has a ton more offense than Bird does. Bird just runs the ball ( according to you). Lee Davis has a real good pass and good run game. We still put up 41 points on them again!
Herm will have to deal with a much more prolific offense next week.

Reactions: anh5
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT