ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Taylor still on a roll

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
Wow Devils. Your men put it on Heritage who is always a solid d-4 team tonight. Looks like you guys haven't missed a beat. Thought your new qb might struggle a bit, but my thoughts were obviously wishful thinking. lol. Seems like there are tons of new and old weapons down east. Congrats!

Wow Devils. Your men put it on Heritage who is always a solid d-4 team tonight. Looks like you guys haven't missed a beat. Thought your new qb might struggle a bit, but my thoughts were obviously wishful thinking. lol. Seems like there are tons of new and old weapons down east. Congrats!

Thanks he really came out and played well for it to be his first varsity start he's a sophomore that is just as big as Shiheem was last year. But with young kids it's about staying consistent. Kids are on a mission don't want a repeat of 2013. Dinwiddie had a big win tonight your offense is rolling already.

I'm sure your qb will have a few up and down moments, but you have enough talent around him to allow for some growing pains. Yes, our offense played well. The backfield versatility and receiver depth gives us plenty of weapons. Very similar to 2013. Not ready to go there yet, because our quarterback, Kearney in 2013 was battle tested. Bryce has improved and managed the game well last night, but is still a work in progress. Would love to hook up with LT down the road. We have a tough one next Friday. Two totally different styles. Hanover and Dinwiddie have a history so it should be a good one to see.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I'm sure your qb will have a few up and down moments, but you have enough talent around him to allow for some growing pains. Yes, our offense played well. The backfield versatility and receiver depth gives us plenty of weapons. Very similar to 2013. Not ready to go there yet, because our quarterback, Kearney in 2013 was battle tested. Bryce has improved and managed the game well last night, but is still a work in progress. Would love to hook up with LT down the road. We have a tough one next Friday. Two totally different styles. Hanover and Dinwiddie have a history so it should be a good one to see.

I know a lot of people especially the RTD who has them ranked higher than Dinwiddie and Monacan are high on Hanover me personally am not. I think they are too one dimensional and if you get up by two scores which I believe you will it is game over. They are too slow and plodding to me. Very different styles.

I hope you are right, Mike. I hope you are right! Last week, Bleeding Navy was uncharacteristicly more nervous than usual. This week, I am.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
I know a lot of people especially the RTD who has them ranked higher than Dinwiddie and Monacan are high on Hanover me personally am not. I think they are too one dimensional and if you get up by two scores which I believe you will it is game over. They are too slow and plodding to me. Very different styles.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Hanover has traditionally given Dinwiddie trouble. I tend to agree with your comments. If we can force them to pass we will be fine. Should be a huge crowd which may help. We are surely more athletic and our four receiver sets will give them fits. Key to the game is controlling the tempo by scoring quickly. Go get em this week Devils. Score fast and score often.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Hanover has traditionally given Dinwiddie trouble. I tend to agree with your comments. If we can force them to pass we will be fine. Should be a huge crowd which may help. We are surely more athletic and our four receiver sets will give them fits. Key to the game is controlling the tempo by scoring quickly. Go get em this week Devils. Score fast and score often.

Gonna try, Monticello is well coached will have some wrinkles we haven't seen on film just gotta make sure our QB stays within himself and manages the team. He did a very good job last Friday against Heritage as it was a very large crowd at Todd Stadium. Kids are on a mission this year and they will welcome the hostile environment. Good luck to you guys as well.

This picture is DOPE!!!!
F1152931.jpg

Devils, are you going to Va Tech next Monday night? I know Jaylen is there and a few of your guys have shown interest in OSU.

Devils, are you going to Va Tech next Monday night? I know Jaylen is there and a few of your guys have shown interest in OSU.

I have tickets I will be in attendance. Davis is committed to Ohio State and Ewell has them high on his list as well.

Have fun big man. Going to enjoy this one from the couch. Have to hit the grind on Tuesday morning in the "well". Maybe another Hokie victory will change Ewells mind. After what you said about the Holmes debacle I doubt it. Damn shame we struggle to keep the studs in state.

Social media at its best Devils. A Hanover player severely edited our post/discussion on twitter and credited it to Coach Mills. They must need some motivation. Would think a battle between two of the top d-4 teams in Richmond would be enough. Hated to do it, but called him on it out of respect for Coach Mills. Our boys are talking smack as well. Guess that's how it's done now.

Have fun big man. Going to enjoy this one from the couch. Have to hit the grind on Tuesday morning in the "well". Maybe another Hokie victory will change Ewells mind. After what you said about the Holmes debacle I doubt it. Damn shame we struggle to keep the studs in state.

I have to hit the grind Tues am myself and my twins start Kindergarten so I have some serious issues to figure out as it is a 5 hour trip. I will have a tiring first day of school for sure. Glad I'm only going over procedural things but after practice I'm definitely going to crash and burn. Might be in bed by 7. Yea VT is really struggling in this area since Coach Cav stopped recruiting here.

Social media at its best Devils. A Hanover player severely edited our post/discussion on twitter and credited it to Coach Mills. They must need some motivation. Would think a battle between two of the top d-4 teams in Richmond would be enough. Hated to do it, but called him on it out of respect for Coach Mills. Our boys are talking smack as well. Guess that's how it's done now.

Gotta love it!!! Guess they were lacking motivation for this week..I don't understand why since the RTD picked them ahead of Dinwiddie

I have to hit the grind Tues am myself and my twins start Kindergarten so I have some serious issues to figure out as it is a 5 hour trip. I will have a tiring first day of school for sure. Glad I'm only going over procedural things but after practice I'm definitely going to crash and burn. Might be in bed by 7. Yea VT is really struggling in this area since Coach Cav stopped recruiting here.
I remember those days. Driving my daughter school, to work, back to school and home, then off to practice getting home at 9:00 pm, then checking homework. Not sure how I did it. She's a senior this year. Thank the lord. You will figure it out. Lost some weight in those days. Could never find time to eat. I may be a man on an island, but I understand and appreciate what you do for the kids at LT. Outside of football its not an easy task by any means. Have been hitting that grind for 27 years (Petersburg, Dinwiddie, now Hopewell). Miss coaching, but not the parents lol.....

You two, and all like you get my respect. Kids First. If more did that, Navy, you might not have a career doing what you do. And that would be great.

You two, and all like you get my respect. Kids First. If more did that, Navy, you might not have a career doing what you do. And that would be great.
Thanks DP! Wouldn't trade my career for anything. There is very little success or reward, but if you can reach just one it keeps you motivated. The streets, gangs and stupid violence have taken so many, but coaches like devils, Coach Lawson (Petersburg), and Billy Mills provide the extra discipline necessary to get them out. I am not his dad, but my chest will be pumped out on Monday night when Tech faces OSU. Without a good mother, fantastic Coach and a little side support who knows?

Reactions: DEVILSLB99
Thanks DP! Wouldn't trade my career for anything. There is very little success or reward, but if you can reach just one it keeps you motivated. The streets, gangs and stupid violence have taken so many, but coaches like devils, Coach Lawson (Petersburg), and Billy Mills provide the extra discipline necessary to get them out. I am not his dad, but my chest will be pumped out on Monday night when Tech faces OSU. Without a good mother, fantastic Coach and a little side support who knows?

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate all you do for the youth a lot are lacking the guidance and as coaches we can't do it all.

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate all you do for the youth a lot are lacking the guidance and as coaches we can't do it all.
Devils, is #10 in the rotation for OSU? See he is 2nd on the depth chart. Not bad for a true sophomore especially at OSU. VT#96 Bleeds Navy. He is a senior and according to the scouts should get a look at the next level. Good luck to both of them. Their hard work has paid off.

Devils, is #10 in the rotation for OSU? See he is 2nd on the depth chart. Not bad for a true sophomore especially at OSU. VT#96 Bleeds Navy. He is a senior and according to the scouts should get a look at the next level. Good luck to both of them. Their hard work has paid off.

Since Bosa is out he will probably start at DE for the VT game. Tyquan Lewis has the upper hand on the job having been in the program, however Jalyn has had a great camp and will look to have a great homecoming next Mon. That's great for the kid at VT love to see kids follow their dreams and hopefully he can live his ultimate dream.

Nope Wikki, you want to see LT beat LCA.
DP you hit that one right on the head. We all know how much she loves LCA. Be careful Wikki you might have to cook/serve them food at the States one day. Reckon she would adultrate the fixens DP? Lol

DP you hit that one right on the head. We all know how much she loves LCA. Be careful Wikki you might have to cook/serve them food at the States one day. Reckon she would adultrate the fixens DP? Lol

She is too good a woman to do that, but you know the thought would be there. I can almost see her walking around up there with her teeth clenched so tight her jaws hurt.

I would like to see LT play LCA. I would still cook because I would not be cooking just for them. I just don't think it has been fair game with them in the past and I will stick with that. I don't hate them but just not a fan. Remember my nephew played football for them and my niece played volleyball. I would also like to see JF play them as well. They have everything and want more. I am tired of hearing about them

She is too good a woman to do that, but you know the thought would be there. I can almost see her walking around up there with her teeth clenched so tight her jaws hurt.
Thanks Dinwiddie. I am a very caring person and passionate in what I love. I volunteer many hours for Amherst and outside of that as well. I really like cooking at the State games no matter who is playing. One statement though, if it is LCA, I will be there but I will not be cheering for them. That is just how I feel

I will cook for whoever is at the state but will serve no one

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT