ADVERTISEMENT

LCA's Offense vs Lafayette's Defense

Of course it is, my comment was only about a specific player though. Also, the transitive property thing is not always a good indication.

Davis, in my opinion, is the most game-changing all-around player in the state. Offense, defense and special teams.
My friend I don’t think people want to believe there are simple answers found in relative mathematical game performances or average scoring trends. At the beginning of the semifinals Phoebus was giving up, on average, 11 less points per game than King George and 7 less points per game than Salem. I canceled Tuscarora out of the top 3 because I was picking the Phantoms to win over Salem. King George was beaten by 12 points and today Salem was beaten by 7. This result me a -1 error in using my game performance trend to determine the winner of the D4 tourney. I ranked the teams as follows: 1. Phoebus. 2. Salem 3. King George and 4. Tuscarora. I made these rankings based on defensive performance predicting that there would be no offensive domination in the D4 state tournament. This year I could not have been more right if I went to each school and asked them to perform exactly as they did.

Reactions: SFUWO
I believe you. If the score in the Lafayette game is 21-14 right now you can keep Davis and give me Salem's best defensive player to add to the Phantom's 2024 squad. Deal?
Are you talking about #7 Jaelyn Allen? I tried to tell everyone all year that he was the best LB in the state. Normally I wouldn't trade him for anybody... he is that good. That being said, he is a Senior and Davidson is just a junior so for next year I would be inclined to make that trade. 😂

Are you talking about #7 Jaelyn Allen? I tried to tell everyone all year that he was the best LB in the state. Normally I wouldn't trade him for anybody... he is that good. That being said, he is a Senior and Davidson is just a junior so for next year I would be inclined to make that trade. 😂
Yes. I think I may have watched the greatest game ever in a title game. I love defense and both defenses did a great job.

That MV team was loaded! I still tell stories about Korey Robertson, Alexa Hairston, BJ Jumper, the big OT they had #77?, their center #50?? (red headed guy)! They were definitely the best team we played that year! And the snow banks were crazy! LOL

What number was your son?
#77 Travis Broadhurst (6'7" 315 lbs,) and #50 Chris Shelton

Reactions: VolNation85
Whatever happened to those guys? Did any of them play college ball anywhere?
Travis played at
Can't remember his number but he was a backup as a soph. He was the starting qb on the jv that year so he wasn't going to get any pt over Alexay. That team was loaded, we went 1-1 against yall but I guess with the forfeit yall ended up undefeated in the record books. By the way my son was the starting qb in 03 when we won region but got beat in the semifinals by Wm Fleming 13-8 at old Victory Stadium in Roanoke. Fleming went the next week to the state championship and lost to guess who, Lafayette. That 02 team ran the wing T really good, Jumper ran the ball with doing damage on his mind. Red headed kid was a Shelton and he was a tough nut. Oh the memories......
#10 was his number @hrsepasture1 still to this day one of my favorite signal callers in the history of MV and threw the football with a tight spiral and on the money!

That MV team was loaded! I still tell stories about Korey Robertson, Alexa Hairston, BJ Jumper, the big OT they had #77?, their center #50?? (red headed guy)! They were definitely the best team we played that year! And the snow banks were crazy! LOL

What number was your son?
Unless I misheard the number, Korey Robertson ran a 4.54 40 at 285 lbs his senior year! That's pretty impressive!

Reactions: VolNation85
Unless I misheard the number, Korey Robertson ran a 4.54 40 at 285 lbs his senior year! That's pretty impressive!
I believe it! He's still one of the quickest, most explosive HS DL I have seen to this day!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT