ADVERTISEMENT

Likely last posts for me

one man

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 8, 2002
Charlottesville, VA
I've taken a coaching position on the staff at Charlottesville HS for next year. I may come post congratulations or schedules or highlights but my posts will be at a minimum. Will still be reading the ongoings with Salem posters, Devils, Hammy, leftovers, Dinwiddie folks, all you guys that post regularly.

This post was edited on 1/21 9:21 AM by one man

Charlottesville HS 2015 Football Schedule

Aug 14 - vs James Monroe (Scrim)
Aug 20 - @ Brookville (Scrim)

Aug 28 - @ Dominion
Sep 11 - vs Harrisonburg
Sep 18 - @ William Monroe
Sep 25 - vs Fluvanna County
Oct 2 - vs Monticello
Oct 9 - @ Albemarle
Oct 16 - @ Powhatan
Oct 23 - vs Orange County
Oct 30 - vs Western Albemarle
Nov 6 - @ Louisa County

Congrats on the new job! hope you can help straighten it out.....before you were there , I would say this is what i would have you guys at this year. Anything better than 5-5 and you have proven me wrong, once again good luck!
Aug 14 - vs James Monroe (Scrim) LOSS
Aug 20 - @ Brookville (Scrim) Loss

Aug 28 - @ Dominion hmmm win
Sep 11 - vs Harrisonburg win
Sep 18 - @ William Monroe win
Sep 25 - vs Fluvanna County win
Oct 2 - vs Monticello loss
Oct 9 - @ Albemarle win
Oct 16 - @ Powhatan loss
Oct 23 - vs Orange County win
Oct 30 - vs Western Albemarle loss
Nov 6 - @ Louisa County loss

Believe me

Coach Sherry and company have done plenty of straightening out with the program before bringing me aboard and they've got the program on the brink, hopefully this year we'll break through. Brand new weight room facility that will be one of the best in the state will be completed in Feb. I truly believe the kids can be better than 5-5 after watching all of their game tape from this past season. I will push them hard and if they believe, buy in and work hard enough, I certainly feel that WE can prove you wrong. I take no offense to the predictions at all hammy. Thanks for the well wishes.

This post was edited on 1/21 2:52 PM by one man

Re: Believe me

Congratulations and good luck! I think if you guys can get more kids to come out for football then the potential for success is very good in the near future. They had some very good players when they played against Salem in the playoffs, but they just didn't have enough. There were only 44 on the roster and 18 were freshman and sophomores. (around 40%) I'm not sure if that's their combined Varsity/JV roster or what, but they would be significantly better with more players.

Best of luck to you and yours, and to the Black Knights. I've found you to be among the very few posters who are both unfailingly knowledgeable and respectful. The boards will be the worse for your absence.

Congratulations------with your new position as a coach I think it wise to stay off this board as much as possible which is mainly for crazy fans. I wish you professional luck and will be a black knight fan against everyone but Salem.

You filled one vacancy, but have left another here!

Hey Coach, it is a testimony to your wisdom and grace to pull back from posting. It is just an unfortunate reality that coaches are often wrongly judged and criticized for things they try to explain via posting.

Spartan of Yore was dead on. Your posting are always enjoyable and respectable. We will miss you.

The young people at Charlottesville are fortunate do to have you. Best wishes for a rewarding experience up there. I hope you will drop me a note from time to time and let me know how it is going.

Wcook2@verizon.net DP

Southbottom, MikeSalem, Spartan

Thank you for the well wishes.

Mike, Hope you are doing well my friend. Our OL started 4 sophs and 1 fresh last year. Team was very young, more talent coming up. Future is bright in the 'Ville, Coaches have done a tremendous job with this program the last few years and I'm just blessed to be apart of it, hopeful that I can contribute.

Hope to see you guys again come playoff time. Though I know you won't need it, best of luck to your Spartans.

I second what Dinwiddie said, I respect most everyone who posts on here, even if we disagree sometimes. I will be hoping Charlottesville brings you lots coaching success.

Congratulations Oneman, I will miss your post. Regular poster here, lol

congrats on your coaching job. my grandson plays basketball at Louisa so probably bump into you sometime. if so lets meet and talk high school football. you always had post I enjoyed.
I have followed the black knights since spotsy used to play them years ago. they always had good looking athletes and I never could figure out why they didn't play better than they did. maybe you will get the best out of that good looking talent. good luck!

I wish you all the luck , but reserve my congratulations for the Kids and folk at Charlottesville .

Re: Southbottom, MikeSalem, Spartan

Thanks one man, I've been home for about 6 weeks and honestly it has been a real struggle. I am receiving physical and occupational therapy here at home trying to get stronger and get back what I lost with this latest flare up. I have a Dr's appointment next week that I hope will yield some progress in gaining back some strength. They should be refilling my pump which will help relieve tightness and spasticity that has been limiting and slowing my recovery.

What's with the reservation?

I wish you all the luck , but reserve my congratulations for the Kids and folk at Charlottesville.

Not quite sure what you meant at the end?

Re: What's with the reservation?

simply saying that I think Charlottesville got the better end of the deal , best wishes

Hate to see you go. You have always been one of the more level headed posters in this forum.
I have transitioned myself to being an occasional reader and will not be a regular poster in the future so I can see where your coming from.

Re: Southbottom, MikeSalem, Spartan

you hang in there mike. been praying for your recovery and I hope you make a full recovery and at the high school games this fall! never met you but you seem to be a fighting bulldog that will overcome this illness! best of luck!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT