ADVERTISEMENT

Lord Botetourt 17, Bluefield 3

Aug 13, 2018
300 on the ground for LB. Kind of puts an end to the Bluefield, WV, talk and it suggests that Richlands and Graham likely ain't as good. If Bluefield is the best AA team in WV in history, then WV football is in a sad state of affairs. When the Beavers leave that area, they become human quickly. Different level of football

Botetourt gets the lead, plays keep away. Bluefield knows what is coming but cannot stop LB smashmouth football. The Cavaliers continuously penetrate the Beavers defense.

Reactions: Appo3
Wrong forum.

LB and Bluefield both beat the best of 2A

Raiders are a TD better than LB and that makes em 3 scores better than Bluefield. Central-Woodstock and East Rock are right there with LB and a good 2 scores better than Bluefield. Just a different quality of football in WV.

Raiders are a TD better than LB and that makes em 3 scores better than Bluefield. Central-Woodstock and East Rock are right there with LB and a good 2 scores better than Bluefield. Just a different quality of football in WV.

Where’s that logic come from? LB lost to Northside by 3 points. Northside beat Heritage by 35, who beat appo by about 20. That’s quite a statement considering Appomattox has beaten no one worth mentioning this year.

Reactions: OCBoy and Ryan4VT

LOL @ the hypothetical disguised as a fact

Reactions: Ryan4VT

Transitive property doesnt work in football. Bluefield was out played and more importantly out coached.

Reactions: obguthr
Botetourt gets the lead, plays keep away. Bluefield knows what is coming but cannot stop LB smashmouth football. The Cavaliers continuously penetrate the Beavers defense.
They did their homework. Bluefield did not. Lot of talent on both teams. One team came prepared. Bluefields coachimg staff needs to learn to plan for a big game.

Huh? Why quote me? I was saying both of those schools beat the best of 2A in VA

Appo this year would get smashed by LB. As any 2A school would.
I quoted you on your statement that both beat the best of 2A...its a stretch to say Graham is the best of 2A and to my knowledge lb hasn't played a a best team in 2A. I could say that 2A Glenvar beat Blacksburg in the benefit game and Blacksburg beat lb so therefore glenvar beats lb and that's ridiculous as well but better logic than the hypotheticals I've seen on here. I know and love both lb and glenvar and right now I would call the game a toss up if they were to play. .last time they played glenvar won and year before lb. Both were great games.

I quoted you on your statement that both beat the best of 2A...its a stretch to say Graham is the best of 2A and to my knowledge lb hasn't played a a best team in 2A. I could say that 2A Glenvar beat Blacksburg in the benefit game and Blacksburg beat lb so therefore glenvar beats lb and that's ridiculous as well but better logic than the hypotheticals I've seen on here. I know and love both lb and glenvar and right now I would call the game a toss up if they were to play. .last time they played glenvar won and year before lb. Both were great games.

A benefit game is a scrimmage, that means very little.
All I know is, a team that hammered Appo, one of 2A best, lost to a team that barely beat LB. We are talking about 2018 this year. And maybe Glenvar could beat LB, styles make a difference, but I think it's fair to favor one of the better 3A teams over the better 2A teams.

but I think it's fair to favor one of the better 3A teams over the better 2A teams.

but it ain't fair to favor a weak football state in WVs AA Bluefield over 3 time in a row stste champ Appo. We would beat Bluefield. We would have beat them last year also. I think Union back in that area would also have beat em last year.

but it ain't fair to favor a weak football state in WVs AA Bluefield over 3 time in a row stste champ Appo. We would beat Bluefield. We would have beat them last year also. I think Union back in that area would also have beat em last year.

WV’s competition as a whole is not great. But that is because they only have 115 schools in the state split up between their 3 classes.

You could take the 20th best team in VA and they could probably go 8-2 in WV and get the 5th playoff spot.

With that being said, the top 3 or 4 teams in each class in WV could play with the top 3 or 4 teams in each class in VA.

Bluefield’s team last year featured two seniors that are now RB’s on division 1 rosters. Their offensive line that averages 6’3 280 has two guys with offers to play at Power 5 school. They have a WR/DB that is the #7 ranked player in the country for the class of 2021.

So I’m not sure how your hypothetical plays here when you clearly don’t anything about Bluefield or WV football?

Richlands and Union couldn't take down Appo and some of u guys out west may be a bit bitter over this. You may be living through the Bluefield Beavers vicariously. You are wishing more that Bluefield beats all of 2A Virginia than you are believing. If that's the best 2A team in WV history, it's a bad sign for WV football. If the Beavers come to Appo, they would fall just like the rest of em in the West, then you would have to find another team to live through vicariously.

Reactions: intrinsicreward
Richlands and Union couldn't take down Appo and some of u guys out west may be a bit bitter over this. You may be living through the Bluefield Beavers vicariously. You are wishing more that Bluefield beats all of 2A Virginia than you are believing. If that's the best 2A team in WV history, it's a bad sign for WV football. If the Beavers come to Appo, they would fall just like the rest of em in the West, then you would have to find another team to live through vicariously.

Bluefield plays Richlands and has beat them the last two games. Did you know that?

Richlands couldn’t take down Bluefield so there’s no way Appomattox could. <——— see what I did there?

I’m still confused why a loss to Lord Botetourt warrants people to think that Bluefield isn’t a good team? Have you seen LB play? They’re huge! OL committed to VT. RB with a UVA offer. They’re AAA with close to 1,200 students while Bluefield is AA with 670.

Do we say that Appomattox isn’t a good football team when they take their loss to a much bigger Heritage team?

You’re a misinformed homer but I won’t fault you for that. Whenever you want to actually learn about Bluefield or any other SWVA or WV team just let me know and I can fill you in.

The last time Appo met a team from the West, they escaped by the skin of their teeth by three points in a game when the opponent gave them the ball inside the 20 on a shanked punt and Appo needed two big special teams plays to win, almost giving up a 20 point lead.

Appo best be concerned with Region C this year before even talking about Region D, I'm sure Glenvar is just prepared to forfeit and allow Appo to win the region. :/

Despite the loss to LB, Bluefield is a top notch team. As someone said, Bluefield needed to do their homework adequately and did not. I have seen Bluefield play last and this year. This years' team overall is better. One loss doesn't negate a teams' skills. It's hard to compare WV to VA football. Bluefield will most likely be in the championship game again and have a good chance to win. One final thought, Graham isn't the best of the best but they are making adjustments and showing slight improvements on defense.

Reactions: freeatlast2013
I've grown to respect most of you Appo guys but the new guy seems the exact opposite of you, Bob, and the others. I know how a couple bad apples can make the lot look bad.
Thank you for your kind words. I have enjoyed your comments as well even though we have not always agreed at times, but this Appo3 guy is out of control. I know 90% of Raider fans on here personally and all of them are good dudes off the boards.

Thank you for your kind words. I have enjoyed your comments as well even though we have not always agreed at times, but this Appo3 guy is out of control. I know 90% of Raider fans on here personally and all of them are good dudes off the boards.

Agreed. 95% of the people I've met, either from here or other forums closer to my area have been quality people. A lot of us are passionate about football but realize these are HS kids and we should always want what s best for every kid out there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT