ADVERTISEMENT

M.I.A.

Feb 4, 2022
Where are all the posts at this year? John Marshall killed this board.......

Who are the favorites in each region?

Region D have anything this year?

Region C - Radford and Martinsville. Who else? Glenvar?

You nailed it. No one cares who's second.

2C will be between Martinsville, Radford and Floyd. A couple Radford players didn't play this season so they won't have the depth they normally have.

I heard Clark isn't playing, who else?
I plan on checking out the game tomorrow night against Glass.
Clark, Brandon Thomson (role player) and Isaiah Austin(lots of minutes last year). A couple new kids Dehart-Lewis (24) (jr) was hurt last year has looked good. Luke Woodard (22) (soph) starts and has given good minutes. Neither has been pressure tested yet.

Martinsville started 4-0. After a 3-0 start they had a few issues and they lost their last 2 games, by 4 to Mecklenburg and by 8 to GW-Danville. Should be back to full strength Thursday night against Eden-Morehead at Eden,NC then they play McMichael HS on Friday night. We play Graham at home next week before we start district play after the first of the year.

2A would be fun and super competitive without John Marshall. They are a top 100 team in the country, have multiple D1 players on their roster, and have already beaten several high quality out of state teams as well as a 40 point win over the #5 ranked Class 6 team. The playoffs are a step down for them from their regular season schedule. Without them, Class 2 would be among the most exciting and wide open classes in the state.

2A would be fun and super competitive without John Marshall. They are a top 100 team in the country, have multiple D1 players on their roster, and have already beaten several high quality out of state teams as well as a 40 point win over the #5 ranked Class 6 team. The playoffs are a step down for them from their regular season schedule. Without them, Class 2 would be among the most exciting and wide open classes in the state.
Agree. They need to look into booting the boys to a more competitive level or private. I’m pretty sure they would win 6a this year. Cannot be fun to make a run in 2a state at the end. Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe they enjoy winning by 40+ every game.

Where are all the posts at this year? John Marshall killed this board.......

Who are the favorites in each region?

Region D have anything this year?

Region C - Radford and Martinsville. Who else? Glenvar?
So I can give you some information. Radford is 2-0 with a big game vs EC Glass tonight. Gavin Cormany is taller and has improved. Elijah Kelly is dominant on the inside. Landon Clark didn’t come out for basketball. At this point, I think there’s a good chance of a rematch from last year. Just my two cents.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
too many zeros
they are top ten
maybe they will be beat next week in the Chick-Fil-A.
Georgia teams seem to give them trouble.
But to the point - you need to send a group letter to the VHSL.
JM would love to be in Class 4 or 5 and playing teams in the RVA area
but rulz are rulz.

Reactions: gwb16 and toughy299
I stopped posting on this site because the non-stop posts by one account just wipe all others off the lists of posts. So why bother.
your choice
I will rep my boys
and it is up to you to rep yours (or not)

Not about rep-ing your boys. I was posting health emergencies, game cancellations, or PowerPoint ratings, and they would just be gone due to your posts.

I decided to try and get more posts on this board to move some of the JM posts down the line. Sure, they are allowed on this board, but this board was dead. JM sports align pretty well with 2A or around that classification, but not basketball.
@ 496 students this year, they are not far off from a 1A school. JM lists 496 students ranking 265th largest school in Virginia. Riverheads lists 468 students ranking 270th largest school in Virginia. What if the average drops over the next 4-5 years and JM is recommended to drop to 1a?

There are 334 schools in VA per this publication:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT