ADVERTISEMENT

March 2A Soccer

CallMeCoach19

VaPreps Varsity
Mar 27, 2010
Day 1 in the books. Here are a few scores that happened on the first decent Monday (weather-wise) in a while.
Goochland 8-0 Lunenburg Co.
Buckingham 2-1 Amelia
Marion 5-1 Grayson
Nelson 4-2 Amherst: Nelson is a favorite to win Region C this year, so this is a good first outing.
Radford postponed as they just finished basketball, so we should hear from them early next week.

Martinsville 3-1 Galax. Sure Galax is 1A, but they are Galax. This is a good sign for the bulldogs.
Lee 1-4 Western Abemarle: Anyone know the score of this one last season?
Pulaski 6-0 Carroll County: CC won a scrimmage a few days back, their first in over a year. I don't know how that will translate to regular season.
Lebanon 2-1 Central (Wise): No comment until more far west scores come in. Graham v. Giles Thursday will be a good indication of Region D's strength...and VA High
Deep Run 4-1 Maggie Walker: Not a great indication of MWGS's quality. I will bet they have wins coming soon.
Add anything I missed. Less time to track things down than last season.

Giles 4-3 Graham: I got a text that read Giles wins 4-1. Five minutes later I got another that said, "Nope, 4-3!" Either the Giles bench needs to step up, or Graham found a weak spot very late.
Bruton 4-0 Churchland
Ridgeview 4-1 PH-GS
Mason 2-1 Lausanne Collegiate: This is in the phenomenal Gatlinburg tourney they play in. Every win there is to a high quality opponent.
VA High 3-0 Grayson: Heard an early report of 0-0 draw, but I think this is correct
Patrick Co. 6-1 Chatham
Glenvar 2-2 Galax: 1A may see a shake up this season.
Honaker 2-1 Central
Dan River 4-3 George Washington

Graham scored two late goals. They have some improved talent. The Giles keeper actually saved a PK when it was 4-1. One of the late goals was a put-back after a nice shot and save. Should be a fun rematch to watch.

Reactions: CallMeCoach19
From Friday and Saturday:
George Mason 3-1 Father Ryan: I think I saw they took a loss the day before...couldn't track it down. However, it bears mentioning again that the level of competition in this tourney is insane.
Giles 8-0 Narrows: Why do they still play this?
Halifax Co. 3-0 Appomattox Co.: To early to take a position on Appomattox.
Nelson 4-2 Fort Defiance: NC likes the 4-2 scoreline.
Lee 11-0 East Rockingham: Yikes!
Riverheads 5-2 Stuarts Draft: Draft still has a ways to go. Riverheads is a solid team, but they are not top flight.

Nandua 6-0 Bruton: Keep an eye on those kids way out East!
Richlands 8-0 Grayson
VA High 2-1 John Battle
Maggie Walker 4-0 Poquonson (4A): MW is starting a nice swan song to 2A.
Fort Chiswell 5-1 Narrows
Can't find score for Dan River v. Staunton River

TONS OF GAMES!!!!
George Wythe (1A) 2-1 Marion: GW will probably be one of the better teams from the west in 1A...not saying much
RE Lee 12-1 Buffalo Gap: Poor gap.
Magna Vista 2-0 Chatham
Page Co. 2-1 Stuarts Draft
James River 4-3 Appomattox: Sounds like a good game.
Maggie Walker 8-0 Hermitage: Can't recall Hermitage's classification. No time to look up. Any help?
Lebanon 2-1 Central (2A)
Mason 1-1 Woodgrove
Gate City 4-0 Lee High: Lee is new to the scene, but could we be seeing Gate City return to former form?
Martinsville 3-3 George Washington: The bulldogs are finding the net with regularity so far this season.
Galax 2-1 Carroll County: CC plays in a 2A district, so it is worth mentioning.

Blacksburg 4-0 Radford: Radford keeper made 12 saves in the game. I look for Radford to have a fairly decent year.
Giles 2-0 George Wythe: Finally caught a game live. GW is by far the best 1A team I have seen in a while to not be named Galax. (True, I don't follow 1A much and live in the West) Attack was predicatable, but well disciplined. With Galax's injury problem, I look for them to possibly take Region C. Giles moves to 3-0-0 on the season.
Nelson 8-0 Altavista: Nelson hasn't really been tested yet. They may breeze through regular season.

Martinsville 3-0 Galax: Yikes for the 1A champs.
Glenvar 6-0 Appomattox: This was unexpected.
Gate City 4-0 Central
Fort Chiswell 4-2 Craig County

Richlands 5-1 George Wythe: Wow, this has to be difference in form from the GW team I saw the other night. Richlands may be very good this year, but that much better than Giles at home? Doubtful.
Martinsville 5-1 Halifax Co.: Mville quietly making their way to a huge number of points early.

Giles 2-1 Graham: Graham had four players quit before the game. (Says a lot about those young men and their parents. Hope Baker's college coach is paying attention.) But honestly they were much more balanced on their attack now.
Stonewall Jackson 2-0 Riverheads: Nice win that one.
Page Co. 8-0 Buff Gap
Lord Botetourt 8-0 James River
George Mason 4-0 Lee
Gate City 0-0 Lebanon

Boys Soccer:

Ridgeview 4, (1A) Honaker 0

Alijah Sproles recorded the hat trick with three goals for Ridgeview in a shutout of Honaker. Timmy Hess also had a goal.

Alex Fleming was perfect in goal for the 3-1 Wolfpack.

Giles 2-1 Graham: Graham had four players quit before the game. (Says a lot about those young men and their parents. Hope Baker's college coach is paying attention.) But honestly they were much more balanced on their attack now.
Stonewall Jackson 2-0 Riverheads: Nice win that one.
Page Co. 8-0 Buff Gap
Lord Botetourt 8-0 James River
George Mason 4-0 Lee
Gate City 0-0 Lebanon
Clarification on the Mason game: Mason 4-0 Springfield Lee (5A)

Mason is now 3-1-1

Graham 5-0 VA High
Galax 4-0 Carroll County: Not 2A, but in the West people notice Galax's scores
Auburn 3-0 Grayson
Nelson 5-0 Madison Co.
Giles 4-0 Glenvar

Boys Soccer:

Ridgeview 3, (1A) Patrick Henry 0

Alijah Sproles scored twice as Ridgeview topped Patrick Henry.

Ayden Vitatoe also found the back of the net for the Wolpfack, while Alex Fleming was in goal for the shutout.

Girls Soccer:

Lebanon 3, Union 0

Audrey Dillon scored two goals and Amanda Snead added one for the Pioneers, who scored three second half goals to defeat the Bears.

Sierra Baumgardner, Jessey Ball and Snead had an assist apiece.

Cassidy Burke had four saves in goal for the 1-3 Pioneers.

Nandua 6-0 Bruton: Keep an eye on those kids way out East!
Richlands 8-0 Grayson
VA High 2-1 John Battle
Maggie Walker 4-0 Poquonson (4A): MW is starting a nice swan song to 2A.
Fort Chiswell 5-1 Narrows
Can't find score for Dan River v. Staunton River

Staunton River 2 Dan River 1 - very physical game.

Girls Soccer:

Richlands 3, (3A) Abingdon 0

Ellie Lindsey scored a goal and dished out an assist as the Blue Tornado took a win over the Falcons.

Rachel Carter and Lauryn Casey also had goals while Tori Smith had an assist.

Emily Ratliff was at goal for Richlands.

Reactions: vtscubasteve13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT