ADVERTISEMENT

Martinsville 78 Gate City 39

I'm not surprised that the Bulldogs won, I'm more surprise that Gate City only had 39! I saw the GC/M'ville game at Wise and they called a lot of fouls on both squad that game. Blue Devils fell behind like 11 in the fourth and got to within a basket before GC missed the game-tying FT.

Hey, I'm a DR fan but I definitely have respect for Martinsville. Good luck and get that 15th title and bring it back to Southside. The last two 2A titles have came from our area (Dan River - 2014; Martinsville - 2015). No shots at George Mason or Greensville, but the Bulldogs have impressed me on the court this year.

I still think that Radford getting a bit of a steal with Devontae Holland.

Martinsville never allowed Gate City to get easy buckets. Gate City played the game frustrated. Dawgs D was suffocating.

Reactions: James Holland
Hats off to Martinsville on a great season! But to say the refs allowed GC to play within one point of them in Wise is an absolute joke. MHS got outhustled and outplayed in Wise is why it was a one point game and yet MHS still came away with a win and somehow you still gripe about that game.

A few people asked earlier this season how could GC beat a Tennessee High team 2 times by around 10 pts each game then lose the 3rd game by 60 pts........well they had another one of those games yesterday. Hard to explain how they could be such a jekyl and hyde team. They just didn't show up to play and MHS did.

Don't get me wrong. I think Gate City was a good team. Probably 2nd best cuz I think they could have beat Greensville Co as well. Mr. Barnes is a heck of a ballplayer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT