ADVERTISEMENT

Mathews at Northumberland

uvacavs1

VaPreps All District
Jul 30, 2010
Northumberland 86 Mathews 27

Northumberland's opener last night as the game v Christchurch was rescheduled to December 14th.

NHS Head Coach Kyle Jones has his boys looking good already (only had his team for about a week due to the Indian's success in football).

I was a tad surprised to not see Northumberland ranked in the preseason State Top Ten (or even honorable mention). I guess that they will have to prove their worth.

I look to the Indians to have quite the strong season as Coach Jones has had time to implement his system, has lots of talent and nice size as well (plus two tall & athletic promising freshman).

Big test this month at the Christmas Invitational at defending state champ Lancaster High School (on Dec. 23rd).

Northumberland traveled to Middlesex last night and had a big set back, losing 49-43 to the Chargers.

NHS only scored half of the points they dropped the night before, lots of missed shots and good D by Middlesex.

Middlesex finished the season last year in the state top ten so maybe they are strong again this year (I usually don't follow basketball as closely as football).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT