ADVERTISEMENT

Mini Game Blog: King George 55, Massaponax 10 - FINAL

matthew328826

Publisher of VirginiaPreps.com (Rivals Network)
Staff
Jul 20, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
matthewhatfield.com
Greetings from King George on this Tuesday night after making the 3-hour trip from Virginia Beach, where it was 75 degrees when I left. It felt about 45 upon my arrival to KGHS, which has a packed home crowd.

After taking photos in the first half - and my goodness, was 2024 WR Mekhai White impressive - I'm up here in the pressbox now for the second half to warm up a bit before postgame interviews.

By the way - if you're looking for a fine place to dine at that's not too far from King George, Horne's in Port Royal gets a solid B+ to A- grade from yours truly. Old-school feel with good flavor.

Some tweets / thoughts as we move along...

Reactions: DinwiddieProud

Nice response here by Massaponax, who won't go down without battling,

To see a couple of juniors involved on the scoring drive as well as a sophomore is encouraging for the future of this program, not expected to be a playoff threat this year, but certainly could be come 2023. Remember, they battled Oscar Smith to the wire during the COVID-shortened 2020-21 campaign that spring, so that program is no stranger to making a playoff run.

King George has defended the usually effective triple-option attack well tonight.

Moments later after the score, King George comes up with another takeaway as sophomore LB Charles Johnson recovers a fumble.

We had King George No. 6 in the latest VaPreps Class 4 Top Ten a week ago, but must say I'm quite impressed and can see them certainly making a state title run, even in a rugged Region 4B where defending State Champ Varina, a very good Dinwiddie program, and dangerous Patrick Henry-Ashland - among others - reside.

Reactions: FoxesPride
Roget Walker blocks the Massaponax punt for King George and the Foxes have it 1st & Goal at the 3-yard line of the Panthers with 6:12 to go, closing in on another score to salt it away. They get it on a QB keeper from Zach Ferguson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT