19. Heritage-Leesburg
20. Grafton
21. Liberty Christian
22. Sherando
23. William Byrd
24. Caroll County
25. Deep Creek

Honorable Mention: Salem, James Wood, Midlothian

Loudoun Valley stayed at number #1 after a 93-13 victory over Park Hill. Monacan and Lake Taylor also remained undefeated, Lake Taylor opened with an impressvie 81-55 win over Norview. John Handley picked up a nail-biting win at Charlottesville, who fell to #15. GW-Danville fell to number 10 after it's season opening loss to Forest Trail Academy in NC. Huguenot went up to number 13 after being un-ranked following their big win over 3A Spotswood. Louisa County shot up to number 14 after starting out 1-0, and Kettle Run enters the top 25 after their season opening upset win over Millbrook, while the Pioneers followed their loss with a quality win over Broad Run. Grafton fell to #20 after losing to Poquoson.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pioneer101
1. Loudoun Valley
2. Monacan
3. Lake Taylor
4. Smithfield
5. Eastern View
6. John Champe
7. John Handley
8. EC Glass
9. George Washington
10. King's Fork
11. William Fleming
12. Huguenot
13. Louisa County
14. Charlottesville
15. Millbrook
16. Kettle Run
17. Heritage-NN
18. Heritage-Leesburg
19. Grafton
20. Liberty Christian
21. Sherando
22. William Byrd
23. Caroll County
24. Deep Creek
25. Midlothian

Loudoun Valley stayed at number #1 after a 93-13 victory over Park Hill. Monacan and Lake Taylor also remained undefeated, Lake Taylor opened with an impressvie 81-55 win over Norview. John Handley picked up a nail-biting win at Charlottesville, who stayed at #14. GW-Danville fell to number 9 after it's season opening loss to Forest Trail Academy in NC. Huguenot went up to number 12 after being un-ranked following their big win over 3A Spotswood. Louisa County shot up to number 13 after starting out 2-0, and Kettle Run enters the top 25 after their season opening upset win over Millbrook, while the Pioneers followed their loss with a quality win over Broad Run. Grafton fell to #19 after losing to Poquoson.
Sorry but Jamestown not being in the top 25 is an oversight. They are currently ranked by Preps at #8 and are winning by 43ppg.

Louisa is 1-0 I believe, only playing Caroline so far. James Monroe and Spotsy were scrimmages. Louisa plays at Albemarle tonight at 7:30.

Yes correct. I think it's either a 3 or 4 o'clock tip off
Says 5pm on the website. Also see EV beat Chancellor by 32 last night. Transfer player the real deal? Culpeper looks like it might take them a little while to get up to speed.

Says 5pm on the website. Also see EV beat Chancellor by 32 last night. Transfer player the real deal? Culpeper looks like it might take them a little while to get up to speed.
It might be 5... I just heard from word of mouth. But yes when I heard of him coming to Ev and watched a highlight tape knew he would make a huge impact and maybe the extra help they need to advance deep in the state tourney. Have yet to watch him in person.

It might be 5... I just heard from word of mouth. But yes when I heard of him coming to Ev and watched a highlight tape knew he would make a huge impact and maybe the extra help they need to advance deep in the state tourney. Have yet to watch him in person.
I haven't seen him either. Saw in the paper that he is the point guard. On a lot of teams it might cause a problem having someone coming in and replacing a great point guard (D'ago?). I doubt this causes a problem for that team though. D'ago is a great team player and I'm sure they will find somewhere to put him on the floor.

Welp we failed the test miserably, Albemarle did everything they wanted to us. Out-rebounded, out-hustled, out-defended and out-shot us. Katstra was a beast, finished with 19 points and had a couple of dunks as well. J'Quan Anderson had 14 points and 7 rebounds. It was a 10 point game at halftime, then Louisa opened the second half by cutting the lead to 32-30, but then a few minutes later the score was 48-30. Final score 66-38. I look for Albemarle to make another deep run. Hopefully we improve as we're a young team with good pieces, but I'm already seeing the same actions/body language from a certain player that I saw on the football team, so I'm not counting on that much chemistry improvement.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Welp we failed the test miserably, Albemarle did everything they wanted to us. Out-rebounded, out-hustled, out-defended and out-shot us. Katstra was a beast, finished with 19 points and had a couple of dunks as well. J'Quan Anderson had 14 points and 7 rebounds. It was a 10 point game at halftime, then Louisa opened the second half by cutting the lead to 32-30, but then a few minutes later the score was 48-30. Final score 66-38. I look for Albemarle to make another deep run. Hopefully we improve as we're a young team with good pieces, but I'm already seeing the same actions/body language from a certain player that I saw on the football team, so I'm not counting on that much chemistry improvement.

Y'all need other people to step up. Poindexter can't be the only one carrying the load. I still think Louisa can make some noise once they figure stuff out.

Meanwhile, my Black Knights are silently cruising right now. We've got great chemistry and can score a lot of points. Western Albemarle seems a bit slow right now, they lost to Godwin and only beat Fluvanna by 14. It'll be a good race for the top 4 spots in the JD this year.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Monacan has crushed all of their opponents so far outside of the first game against Dinwiddie. Dominion district play will tell us the real story though as the District is really tough with Huguenot, Bird, JR, Manchester, Cosby & GW.
Definitely have a good team. Are they the team to beat in 4A? Too early to tell.

1. Loudoun Valley
2. Monacan
3. Lake Taylor
4. Smithfield
5. Eastern View
6. Jamestown
7. John Champe
8. John Handley
9. EC Glass
10. George Washington
11. King's Fork
12. William Fleming
13. Huguenot
14. Louisa County
15. Charlottesville
16. Millbrook
17. Kettle Run
18. Heritage-NN
19. Heritage-Leesburg
20. Grafton
21. Liberty Christian
22. Sherando
23. William Byrd
24. Caroll County
25. Deep Creek

Loudoun Valley stayed at number #1 after a 93-13 victory over Park Hill. Monacan and Lake Taylor also remained undefeated, Lake Taylor opened with an impressvie 81-55 win over Norview. John Handley picked up a nail-biting win at Charlottesville, who fell to #15. GW-Danville fell to number 10 after it's season opening loss to Forest Trail Academy in NC. Huguenot went up to number 13 after being un-ranked following their big win over 3A Spotswood. Louisa County shot up to number 14 after starting out 1-0, and Kettle Run enters the top 25 after their season opening upset win over Millbrook, while the Pioneers followed their loss with a quality win over Broad Run. Grafton fell to #20 after losing to Poquoson.
Amherst beat Glass by 19 on Friday. Go Lancers

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT