1. Salem
2. Blacksburg
3. George Washington
4. William Byrd
5. EC Glass
6. Amherst
7. Charlottesville
8. Jefferson Forest

Good job! One comment: didn't John Champe move up to Class 5 this fall? Region C seems to be the weakest Class 4 region, as far as depth. Sherando and Woodgrove are good, then a bit of a drop to Millbrook, then a big drop-off.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Millbrook is better than you might think , especially offensively .

Are they significantly improved over last November? Because having seen them play down here, I'd say they were roughly equivalent to the fifth- or sixth-best team in the River Ridge District at that time.

If the Region D champion travels to anywhere other than Purcellville or Stephens City on December 2, I'll be very surprised.

Are they significantly improved over last November? Because having seen them play down here, I'd say they were roughly equivalent to the fifth- or sixth-best team in the River Ridge District at that time.

If the Region D champion travels to anywhere other than Purcellville or Stephens City on December 2, I'll be very surprised.

They lost pretty much everyone from their team last year, with the biggest exception being Savon Smith. They added one of the best players in WV as a transfer who moved from WR to QB, and he's the real deal. If you can stop the run, you'll beat Millbrook.

It's hard to tell how good they are because they rarely schedule many tough opponents in the regular season. I'm sure Martinsburg wouldn't mind a shorter drive than Loudoun County.

Millbrook has a lot of athletes , a team to be noted after last year. Great teams are consistently in the hunt every year.

Millbrook has a lot of athletes , a team to be noted after last year. Great teams are consistently in the hunt every year.

I suppose that's my point - they weren't in the hunt for much of anything last season, based on what I saw of them.

That was last year, and I knew they had added the kid from WV. You guys would know better than I would. It's just really hard for me to envision the Pioneers improving enough from last November to be considered a genuine top fifteen Class 4 team this fall; certainly not top ten. However, with the lack of depth in Region C, they might end up being in the hunt for the regional title. Especially if Woodgrove and Sherando somehow end up on the same side of the bracket.

Kings Fork s very good. May just take out Lafayette and LT this year.

I can tell you that LT has specifically said they want to avoid KF. After watching the Deep Creek game in the playoffs last year I understand why. It's just a matchup problem. KF can match the athletes of LT.

I'm excited for tonight's game with LT and Western Branch. Should know how well KF stacks up with both moving forward.

Heritage NN isn't that great this year. They lost week one and in the last scrimmage they played KF, it was 26-6 at half and KF was rolling.

Didn't quite understand their hype last year either.

They lost pretty much everyone from their team last year, with the biggest exception being Savon Smith. They added one of the best players in WV as a transfer who moved from WR to QB, and he's the real deal. If you can stop the run, you'll beat Millbrook.

It's hard to tell how good they are because they rarely schedule many tough opponents in the regular season. I'm sure Martinsburg wouldn't mind a shorter drive than Loudoun County.

Get this, Martinsburg has already made the shorter drive within Loudoun County...

Last Friday night Martinsburg rolled up to Woodgrove High School thinking we were crosstown rival Loudoun Valley!

To make matters more interesting that night, Armstrong from Richmond, arrived @ Woodgrove @ 7:00 for a 7:00 kickoff game!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT