ADVERTISEMENT

My Game By Game Picks For All Four Regions

kwhs95fan

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2006
I haven't seen an official bracket for Region C, but I think I have the matchups correct. Region D was by far the hardest Region to pick. Let's hear everyone else's picks

Region A:
Quarterfinals:
Lancaster over Northumberland
Westmoreland over Essex
Northampton over Charles City
Middlesex over Mathews

Semifinals:
Lancaster over Westmoreland
Northampton over Middlesex

Finals:
Lancaster over Northampton

Region B:
Quarterfinals:
Buffalo Gap over William Campbell
Riverheads over Carver Academy (upset special)

Semifinals:
Franklin over Buffalo Gap
Altavista over Riverheads

Finals:
Franklin over Altavista

Region C:
Quarterfinals:
George Wythe over Craig Co
Parry McCluer over Grayson
Auburn over Covington
Narrows over Bland

Semifinals:
George Wythe over Parry McCluer
Auburn over Narrows

Finals:
George Wythe over Auburn

Region D:
Quarterfinals
Lebanon over Grundy
Twin Springs over Hurley
Eastside over Chilhowie
Homaker over JI Burton

Semifinals:
Lebanon over Twin Springs
Eastside over Honaker

Finals:
Lebanon over Eastside

Last edited:
Idk enough about Region C or D to do predictions.But your A and B is about the same as mines.I dont know anything about Carver..They have a great record but never crack the top ten all season.So it could be a trap game for them with riverheads.Seems like Region B the only ones that gives first round byes to top seeds

Reactions: kwhs95fan
Idk enough about Region C or D to do predictions.But your A and B is about the same as mines.I dont know anything about Carver..They have a great record but never crack the top ten all season.So it could be a trap game for them with riverheads.Seems like Region B the only ones that gives first round byes to top seeds
Carver has a solid team. I picked Riverheads, because despite their record, they play in a district with mostly 2A and 3A schools and are usually pretty competitive. Carver plays in the Tidewater District, which other than Middlesex, who beat Carver 3 times, is way down this season. Records can often be deceiving. Carver could win tonight, but regardless, I don't see them getting past Altavista.

I think D might be a toss up. I’ve driven over few times to watch some games. Twin Springs is solid when they show up as a team. Lebanon is a 2A enrollment going back up next year. Personally think overrated. Eastside ok but not caliber as past years. GW is solid well coached. Auburn always tough. PM ? who knows. Friend up in the Valley tells me BG played a heck of a schedule. Mostly 2/3 A teams in and out of district. Have some good players with a solid PG. doesn’t say much about RH. Know Altavista pretty good but know nothing of others. As far as region A know absolutely nothing about thems.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
I think D might be a toss up. I’ve driven over few times to watch some games. Twin Springs is solid when they show up as a team. Lebanon is a 2A enrollment going back up next year. Personally think overrated. Eastside ok but not caliber as past years. GW is solid well coached. Auburn always tough. PM ? who knows. Friend up in the Valley tells me BG played a heck of a schedule. Mostly 2/3 A teams in and out of district. Have some good players with a solid PG. doesn’t say much about RH. Know Altavista pretty good but know nothing of others. As far as region A know absolutely nothing about thems.
I've seen all the top teams at least once. Region D is definitely a toss up. I thought coming into the season that Twin Springs would run away with the Region, but they haven't. With that said, they still have a great chance to win the Region. Out of all the teams in Class 1, Lancaster and Franklin are the two best teams I've seen, with GW behind them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT