ADVERTISEMENT

NND teams ranking...

uvacavs1

VaPreps All District
Jul 30, 2010
After the 1st two weeks, this is how I would rank the NND football teams as of now (overall the NND as a powerful district appears to be down some but as always, with Essex, still has a major title contender). Please feel free to add opinions and thoughts.

Top 3
1) Essex 0-2
2) Colonial Beach 1-0
3) Northumberland 1-0

Bottom 3
4) Lancaster 0-1
5) Rappahannock 0-2
6) Washington and Lee 0-1

Notes - Essex still a big contender for a Salem appearance with an amazing defensive unit (despite a horrendous offense thus far, being shut out twice (by strong teams though). Despite 9 Essex turnovers v KG, Essex was still in game till the end like with Goochland. KG coach said the two Essex D stars, Dameron and Jones, both just 10th graders, were probably the 2 best sophomores he has seen in a long time and should have lots of colleges all over the country looking at them. As discussed in Essex v KG thread, the Essex D could win them a title with a smart conservative, improved offense.

CB with 180 students just whipped a 2A R-H team with like 650 students!

Northumberland beat a good Surry team (who just dropped 50 on an improving KQ) in an exciting comeback without one of their top stars, who was sitting out due to a discipline infraction. If all the Indians will stay in the starting line up, NHS could have a very successful season!

The bottom three are struggling as of now. Essex and W&L (two traditional NND powers) shut out 92-0 by King George....

I agree with your ratings, i feel it could end very similar. I bleed the green and gold and think Northumberland could be a dark horse this year if things are in line. With Sr RayQuan Ball back from discipline and speedy So. Delvin Palmer and the many weapons they have the offense side is looking bright. Defense will be hurting as I hear Sr lb Luke Jennings is out with a broken hand and another of the Indians power lbs Caleb Davis is out for at least another week with a broken thumb. I've seen most of these boys play since pee wee and the Indians could be a dark horse for at least the next time three years. Coach Marcus Cutler has put life back into the program haven't seen it this way since 2011 when the Indians made their last real run under former coach John Poindexter. They need to stay healthy, play as one, and most of all (which seems to get Northumberland at least once a year) STAY OUT OF TROUBLE!!!

Reactions: uvacavs1
After the 1st two weeks, this is how I would rank the NND football teams as of now (overall the NND as a powerful district appears to be down some but as always, with Essex, still has a major title contender). Please feel free to add opinions and thoughts.

Top 3
1) Essex 0-2
2) Colonial Beach 1-0
3) Northumberland 1-0

Bottom 3
4) Lancaster 0-1
5) Rappahannock 0-2
6) Washington and Lee 0-1

Notes - Essex still a big contender for a Salem appearance with an amazing defensive unit (despite a horrendous offense thus far, being shut out twice (by strong teams though). Despite 9 Essex turnovers v KG, Essex was still in game till the end like with Goochland. KG coach said the two Essex D stars, Dameron and Jones, both just 10th graders, were probably the 2 best sophomores he has seen in a long time and should have lots of colleges all over the country looking at them. As discussed in Essex v KG thread, the Essex D could win them a title with a smart conservative, improved offense.

CB with 180 students just whipped a 2A R-H team with like 650 students!

Northumberland beat a good Surry team (who just dropped 50 on an improving KQ) in an exciting comeback without one of their top stars, who was sitting out due to a discipline infraction. If all the Indians will stay in the starting line up, NHS could have a very successful season!

The bottom three are struggling as of now. Essex and W&L (two traditional NND powers) shut out 92-0 by King George....
Just my opinion but if your ranking teams after two weeks how can Essex be #1 when they haven't even scored a touchdown? I would just elevate CB and Northumberland over Essex right now just off of the fact that both teams haven't lost while Essex has lost 2 games by a Combined score of 34-0. Season is very young as with a lot of the NND Schools.

Reactions: uvacavs1 and OCBoy
Sure Essex is 0-2 but look at who theyve played... a 2A and 4A playoff teams. Everybody knows Essex will have no trouble with the rest of the NNK.

Don't jump to far out of the yard grass hopper. Look who they played? So when you beat them its cool but when you lose its "look who they played"? Just saying if a team hasn't scored a touchdown (or any points) add to the fact they had 9 turnovers indicates some work needs to be done. Not saying Essex won't run the table but seems they are a little cocky.

Reactions: OCBoy
NND, I certainly understand your thought process there and it's a good argument. However, I still think Essex is the better team.

Now if CB and Northumberland win tonight and Essex loses, then I would probably rank them a tad differently.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT