ADVERTISEMENT

Northumberland / Essex

Its a shame game had to be played under those conditions. Pretty much neutralized all that speed and talent between the 2 teams. Would have loved to listen to it on a dry track. You would have thought Northumberland would have wanted to move that game being they were the host team to be able to use Palmers speed.

Congrats To Northumberland on an amazing season!

Had to completely play a different game today and it still came down to the final seconds.

NHS lost the turnover battle 2-0 including a fumble on a 1st down in the red zone in the final two minutes.

Reactions: loyal2thesoil
Heard from an inside school source that they tried to move the game. The regional director was the one who wouldn't change it. Don't know if it's true or not

Reactions: uvacavs1
NHS had the top QB and top two WRs in the NND.

Last week had nearly 300 yards passing.

Today- 0

Palmer averages like 250 yards a game, today maybe 40.

Game still came down to final seconds. Heck of a fight.

I was hoping to see that speed and passing attack against Riverheads....only chance (however small) to beat Riverheads, IMO.

It is what it is.

Heard from an inside school source that they tried to move the game. The regional director was the one who wouldn't change it. Don't know if it's true or not

I’ll just say Northumberland tried to change the game....

That’s unfortunate since the weather probably hurt the gate too. Cold may have affected it last night but rain certainly kept some at home. Congrats to NHS on a good season and to Essex for doing what some doubted. Safe travels next week and let the breaking down of this matchup begin (in another thread).

Reactions: MT FAN 91

Incorrect information from your source. Both schools have to agree to a date/time change.

That’s unfortunate since the weather probably hurt the gate too. Cold may have affected it last night but rain certainly kept some at home. Congrats to NHS on a good season and to Essex for doing what some doubted. Safe travels next week and let the breaking down of this matchup begin (in another thread).

Thanks for the nice comments. I was actually way surprised how many people were there making noise in that downpour. I was wearing layers and an excellent raincoat and was still was soaked to the bone.

Yes, someone owes NHS concessions money big time! lol

Hey and that's why I said I don't know if it's true or not. Can't always believe everything you hear and knew someone would have an answer

As for the matchup next week, since I will pull for Essex I will not say how much I expect Riverheads to win by. I hope that I am wrong and it is a worthy State semis game.

I think Coach Casto and friends were at the game today...long trip if so.

As for Riverheads playing Northumberland, it just might happen in some other sports this year. NHS had its best overall sports year ever last year and look to improve on that this year.

NHS has possible state contenders in Boys Basketball (I bet someone is glad to have his team back ha), Baseball, Softball, Boys and Girls Soccer, and have some strong individual competitors in wrestling and track.

Good luck to the final four left in Football.

As for the matchup next week, since I will pull for Essex I will not say how much I expect Riverheads to win by. I hope that I am wrong and it is a worthy State semis game.

He said on the post game radio broadcast last night they were going. Not sure how much information was gained today in that slop fest.

Congrats to Essex on the win.

Good luck at Riverheads.
uvacavs1 you represented the Indians well, I told you a while back you guys were a high performance sports car that could beat anyone on a dry track, this time of year you need to own a john deere tractor. Great season for your Indians

Reactions: uvacavs1

uvacavs u coming to game next week, should be a great game, last years game very physical and low scoring, essex has lots of speed and size,, they had some bone head penalties in last years game, how many players did they lose from last years team

uvacavs u coming to game next week, should be a great game, last years game very physical and low scoring, essex has lots of speed and size,, they had some bone head penalties in last years game, how many players did they lose from last years team

Thanks for asking but no.

18+

I'll listen on the radio.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT