DEVILSLB99

VaPreps All District
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2005
Semifinals

Stonewall Jackson vs. Forest Park

Colonial Forge vs. Potomac

This post was edited on 2/19 9:10 PM by DEVILSLB99

So who has the girls brackets? The NW is the only region that doesn't have the same brackets...SMH

I can tell you this much:

Cardinal District Potomac, Forest Park, Osbourn Park

WVD Fleming, Frankin Co, GW Danville

Commonwealth: Colonial Forge, Albermearle, and the winner between Stafford and Moutain View

Cedar Run: Stonewall Jackson, BattleField, and Broad Run

I also know:

Top half

William Fleming plays the winner of Forest Park and Broad Run

Stonewall Jackson plays the winner of ?

Bottom half

Colonial Forge plays the winner of Battlefield and Osbourn Park

Potomac plays the winner of ?

Just figure it out

Just figure it out, my best guess:

Top half

William Fleming plays the winner of Forest Park and Broad Run

Stonewall Jackson plays the winner of Albermearle and GW Danville

Bottom half

Colonial Forge plays the winner of Battlefield and Osbourn Park

Potomac plays the winner of Franklin County and (Moutain View or Stafford)

This post was edited on 2/14 8:31 PM by lavoy12

This post was edited on 2/14 8:38 PM by lavoy12

2nd round will look like this

WF vs. Forest Park
Stonewall vs. GW Danville
CF vs. OP
Potomac vs. Franklin Co.

then:
WF vs. Stonewall
CF vs. tossup between FC/Potomac

FC-Potomac winner will make finals...

probably to face WF-Stonewall winner. I think the semis will be knock-down drag outs.
Franklin Co. blew out Stafford 81-36 in Round 1 today.

My Bracket

Quarterfinals

Top Half

Forest Park vs. William Fleming

Stonewall Jackson vs. GW Danville

Bottom Half

Battlefield vs. Colonial Forge

Potomac vs. Franklin Co.

Semifinals

Stonewall Jackson
vs. Forest Park

Colonial Forge vs. Potomac

Finals

Stonewall Jackson
vs. Potomac

Re: My Bracket

Interesting...I hope it's wrong but intersting to say the least... You have seen them all.

Re: My Bracket

I'm waffling on that game it is the most intriguing of the four. I think FC/ Potomac game is also interesting.

Western Valley District definitely the deepest district BUT...

I don't know if their best (Fleming & Franklin) can win at Stonewall and Potomac...I think WF beats Forest Park in. Close one and FC has a shot at Potomac IF the officials allow them to play full court pressure without too many whistles. If Hairston gets in foul trouble for FC, they'll be in trouble...either way, I don't see CF beating the winner unless FC wins and gets road weary with back to back 4 hr + road trips Tues and Thurs

Re: Western Valley District definitely the deepest district BUT...

Everybody knows that from top to bottom the Cardinal District is the best in the Northwest Region with Potomac, Forest Park, Hylton and Osbourn Park.

WVD has 3 teams in quarters, Cardinal 2...but they go head to head tomorrow

I'm thinking the home teams probably win close games...tough travel on a weekday. Fleming over FP, Potomac close over FC, and Im an FC fan...I think the top 4 teams are Potomac, stonewall , Fleming and Franklin Co, best quarterfinal matchups are Potomac FC and Fleming vs FP...in that order

How I see it

Having seen all the teams, commonwealth was the weak district, you got a good draw that's why you have three teams in the semi. As far as my prediction, the Franklin county and Potomac game will be the best tonight, I give Potomac a slight edge. My heart is with Forest Park but we done some dumb stuff this year starting with, we have a young lady who is sitting at home today who's been battle tested thru AAU and have basketball IQ but got cut, yet we have another player on the team that have no basketball IQ who gets minutes over a girl that was Most Improved player last year and a seven year AAU player with Basketball IQ. It's been a long season for me and some of the parents. Against Potomac all we had to do is keep pressure on the guards as Edison, Osbourn Park (weak team in the cardinal almost beat Potomac) and Maury did, we let them walk the ball up court and lost by 19. At one point they took one of our best ball handler out the game, what happen turn over city. At the beginning of the seasons the basketball players asked the coach to keep the AAU player on the team, because they knew she could help this team. Ego can destroy an elite program. A good friend told me four years ago when I tried to recruit his daughter (who's daughter is going to a D1 school) to come to Forest Park, he could never bring his kid to Forest Park because he can't relate to the coaching staff like he can with Potomac, Stonewall, Osbourn Park and Mount Vernon because he can talk X's and O's with them. Now most of the folks are telling kids to go other places

sorry let me get back to the subject on hand.

Forest Park has the team to beat William Fleming but I just don't think they will have the right game plan and I will make the long ride back home disappointed, I hope I am wrong UVA recruit. Need the biggest game of your life tonight.

Stonewall will be a beast with the kid Burns back, I pick them over GW.

Colonial Forge has a good draw getting Battlefield or they would be gone like the rest of the Commonwealth district.

This post was edited on 2/19 8:36 AM by lavoy12

This post was edited on 2/19 11:39 AM by lavoy12

This post was edited on 2/19 11:42 AM by lavoy12

This post was edited on 2/19 11:43 AM by lavoy12

I only give Potomac the edge due to home court....

According to what you say, Potomac can struggle with pressure which FC will definitely bring. FP can beat Fleming, but Im giving the home team edge there too. FC and Fleming are almost identical teams even though Fleming won the last 3 but one was OT, another should've been OT and one was 6 pts due to late FTs...FCs win over Fleming was by 20+. FC can get rolling and they're hard to stop when the pace gets quickened. Game under 60 favors Potomac, game in 60s is a tossup, game over 70, FC is likely in control

Re: I only give Potomac the edge due to home court....

lavoy12 i see you getting it in early today on preps. i want to see the score from the gw & sj game. gw has a big and their guards are fast not saying they will win just want to see what the score will be.

Re: I only give Potomac the edge due to home court....

See you next year my friend

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT