ADVERTISEMENT

Now here this, mighty Buckingham puts up 84 on Cumberland

Didn't see that on here but wrong is wrong. If he said that then you should have reported him no questions asked. We don't make personal attacks on here. That's a no no.
I've been personally attacked on here serveral times for my opinion. I didn't know if your team is doing bad you couldn't post your opinion.

So long Va preps I'm out. I've been insulted I dont know how many times on here even had posters inbox me on here calling me whatever. I didn't even know you could inbox. When kids get involved you get these kinds of situations and conversations and just like on the field the guy who retaliates gets the penalty. Yall can have this.

I've been personally attacked on here serveral times for my opinion. I didn't know if your team is doing bad you couldn't post your opinion.
REPORT it. Fighting fire with fire doesn't usually end well. Believe me, I've been attacked a good share too but these cats don't know me..I could care less. Be smarter in your posts.

So long Va preps I'm out. I've been insulted I dont know how many times on here even had posters inbox me on here calling me whatever. I didn't even know you could inbox. When kids get involved you get these kinds of situations and conversations and just like on the field the guy who retaliates gets the penalty. Yall can have this.
See you, we will miss you....

See you, we will miss you....
I'm not going anywhere just not doing this type of stuff anymore. I was wrong with some the things I said and I'm an adult I accept responsibility for my actions. I teach my kids and my youth league kids to not act the way I did so I apologize to the Poquoson guy and anyone else I may have disrespected, the Va Preps board and my representation of Buckingham County. I'm not perfect I react wrong just like others at the end of the day I'm an adult I should have acted like one. My bad fellas.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
I'm not going anywhere just not doing this type of stuff anymore. I was wrong with some the things I said and I'm an adult I accept responsibility for my actions. I teach my kids and my youth league kids to not act the way I did so I apologize to the Poquoson guy and anyone else I may have disrespected, the Va Preps board and my representation of Buckingham County. I'm not perfect I react wrong just like others at the end of the day I'm an adult I should have acted like one. My bad fellas.

Back at ya BC. No need for an apology to me. I absolutely love the way you support, debate, and give discussion for your team. Same here though, apologies from me for anyone offended. I'm more Libertarian in nature and have always thought the advantages are great for open dialogue and discussion compared to full blown censorship. Why? This thread is an example. People usually come together and respect one another in sports debates at the end of the day. Censorship and kicking people off the board leads to hard feelings and little open thought, ideas, and creativity. These threads have been 2 examples in my opinion, of how passionate fans should be towards their teams, and sure, we both went over the top, probably me much more than BC, but at the end of the day, I respect BC and all passionate posters on this board. This is only my take.

P.S. Since I started the thread, I do want to weigh in on the discussion of running up the score. A friend of mine lives in the county between Farmville and Cumberland in a little area called "Hawk". He follows Cumberland and told me that Buckingham County was substituting early and often, and later on, they were simply scoring with direct up the middle dives with 9th graders. Meaning, they were as vanilla as one could be and with 9th graders and running directly up the middle, what else can you do? Take a knee with 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter? That's not reasonable. Unfortunately, Cumberland struggles and they are down, and this game was actually an example (at least from what I'm told by a Cumberland fan) in which one team scored 80 plus points, yet actually did not run up the score and tried to not run up the score. Sometimes, there is nothing you can do.

Last edited:
Back at ya BC. No need for an apology to me. I absolutely love the way you support, debate, and give discussion for your team. Same here though, apologies from me for anyone offended. I'm more Libertarian in nature and have always thought the advantages are great for open dialogue and discussion compared to full blown censorship. Why? This thread is an example. People usually come together and respect one another in sports debates at the end of the day. Censorship and kicking people off the board leads to hard feelings and little open thought, ideas, and creativity. These threads have been 2 examples in my opinion, of how passionate fans should be towards their teams, and sure, we both went over the top, probably me much more than BC, but at the end of the day, I respect BC and all passionate posters on this board. This is only my take.

P.S. Since I started the thread, I do want to weigh in on the discussion of running up the score. A friend of mine lives in the county between Farmville and Cumberland in a little area called "Hawk". He follows Cumberland and told me that Buckingham County was substituting early and often, and later on, they were simply scoring with direct up the middle dives with 9th graders. Meaning, they were as vanilla as one could be and with 9th graders and running directly up the middle, what else can you do? Take a knee with 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter? That's not reasonable. Unfortunately, Cumberland struggles and they are down, and this game was actually an example (at least from what I'm told by a Cumberland fan) in which one team scored 80 plus points, yet actually did not run up the score and tried to not run up the score. Sometimes, there is nothing you can do.

Someone gave you some misinformation. I was at the game and Buckingham had their starters on offense still in the game until late in the 4th quarter. One of the starting running backs scored about halfway through the 4th. Buckingham had the game well in hand about halfway through the 3rd quarter and left the starters in. The officials did not help the score to this game either, as they did not correctly enforce the running clock.

Someone gave you some misinformation. I was at the game and Buckingham had their starters on offense still in the game until late in the 4th quarter. One of the starting running backs scored about halfway through the 4th. Buckingham had the game well in hand about halfway through the 3rd quarter and left the starters in. The officials did not help the score to this game either, as they did not correctly enforce the running clock.

That's what I was relying on as well, even a BC guy said BCs starters played well into the fourth quarter in a 70-point game.

That's correct. Most of the starters played until about 3 minutes to go in the game. I'm under the impression that it was a goal to break the school record for points in a game. I saw a photo on Facebook that was captioned "record breaking touchdown". It's a picture of the starting tailback going into the end zone. So that was well into the 4th quarter.

Reactions: BCKnights
Welcome back, glad you didn’t leave.

Reactions: BCKnights
That's correct. Most of the starters played until about 3 minutes to go in the game. I'm under the impression that it was a goal to break the school record for points in a game. I saw a photo on Facebook that was captioned "record breaking touchdown". It's a picture of the starting tailback going into the end zone. So that was well into the 4th quarter.
That's what I've heard as well. The coach, who is on his way out, wanted to give a big F you to the school and AD by setting the record for most points. If I remember correctly, Buckingham set the school record for points back when they were constantly winning in either 2011 or 2012. Big difference between a playoff contending team doing it with the second and third string players versus a losing team doing it with the starters. Hope someone hangs 70 on Buckingham before the year is out to give them a taste of their own medicine, but doubt it will happen with their remaining schedule.

Being close (bordering Buckingham County) is there any bad blood between the two schools or counties? No question, uncool to run up the score. If its absolutely true the BC coach tried to run it up with prevailing thought this is his last year, then the BC AD and boosters and school officials should send him a message......"your fired right now and there is no finishing the season out, you are gone." That sends a powerful and positive message to the kids that behavior of that nature is not without consequences and when you are adult or be it already a young adult, there are consequences both good and bad for actions. I write this post as an opinion, and only if 100% true that he tried to run it up, and as if he knows this is his last season so to heck with it, let's score 100. I heard from a friend and Cumberland fan he didn't feel it was the case and they were simply that bad. Based on what's on here, it sounds like it might have been intentional.

Being close (bordering Buckingham County) is there any bad blood between the two schools or counties? No question, uncool to run up the score. If its absolutely true the BC coach tried to run it up with prevailing thought this is his last year, then the BC AD and boosters and school officials should send him a message......"your fired right now and there is no finishing the season out, you are gone." That sends a powerful and positive message to the kids that behavior of that nature is not without consequences and when you are adult or be it already a young adult, there are consequences both good and bad for actions. I write this post as an opinion, and only if 100% true that he tried to run it up, and as if he knows this is his last season so to heck with it, let's score 100. I heard from a friend and Cumberland fan he didn't feel it was the case and they were simply that bad. Based on what's on here, it sounds like it might have been intentional.
Bad blood really isn't the word. It seems like Buckingham was a powerful team when we were building, and now the tides are turned. The Battle of the Axe is a cool thing that was started a few years back, and has gone back and forth. Cumberland was alway's Buckingham's rival as far back as I can remember, but that may have changed with Cumberland dropping the JRD for a few years.

Aww man Coach Wallace intentionally ran that score up Friday no sugar coating that. He knew exactly what he was doing. 2 years in a row I watched Coach Doug Smith ( Highly respected here) completely stop his Raiders from putting 100+ points on us. Do yall know Wallace wouldn't exchange game film with Appomattox last year and Doug Smith had every right after that to humiliate us last year but out of respect of Coach Gill he gave mercy. Wallace is not what Buckingham County is about. Russ Gowin the new AD a Buckingham born and raised man will put the right people in place and we will be back. We got a boatload of speed coming back next year and a handful of players that wouldn't play for this bum. Hopefully (praying) Coach Wilkerson is the next coach, he should've been anyways. He help build the last 15 or so years here with Coach Gill. Russ has already put some young well respected guys at positions of other sports that will grow with the programs. No more outsiders like these clowns will come here and make us look like clowns again. Hell I get a 2 td lead at youth league I yank everyone, especially when I know we are better. The scoring could've easily ended if he wanted it to. Starters were running routes in the 4th up by 50 and Wallace calls the plays. Bum!!! We hate Cumberland and Cumberland hate us but we never did that to them and they didn't do it to us when they were better.

Is Wilkerson on staff now? Are there any BC guys on staff at other schools that would come back home and make a good HC? Do you feel its pretty much a done deal that Wallace is gone at seasons end?

Is Wilkerson on staff now? Are there any BC guys on staff at other schools that would come back home and make a good HC? Do you feel its pretty much a done deal that Wallace is gone at seasons end?
Hell yeah he's gone at seasons end. His D Coordinator is already gone, they stripped away the dumb Saturday morning practices and practicing from 3 to 8 or so after school. Wilkerson works right at the Middle school my daughter is in his class. There is not a Buckingham football discussion that doesn't end with "I hope Wilkerson come back next year ". The kids loved him and he loved them. He is a straight up guy that takes no s#!t off of anyone, player or coach. One stare and they got the point and the players loved that. Larry White who's at Prince Edward High School is also well respected here, Mike Edwards already on the staff, Maurice Taylor former star VT alum and my nephew Tarian Ayres former star and VSU alumn and the new jv coach from Appomattox would round out a good staff. I trust and believe Russ will put the right people in place very soon. This thing now has been prolonged for too long. We only have about 26 varsity and jv the last two years combined. This didn't happen pryor to Wallace. Maybe 26 varsity alone is what we average per year. We dont have that with both combined.

Hell yeah he's gone at seasons end. His D Coordinator is already gone, they stripped away the dumb Saturday morning practices and practicing from 3 to 8 or so after school. Wilkerson is not on the staff but works right at the Middle school my daughter is in his class. There is not a Buckingham football discussion that doesn't end with "I hope Wilkerson come back next year ". The kids loved him and he loved them. He is a straight up guy that takes no s#!t off of anyone, player or coach. One stare and they got the point and the players loved that. Larry White who's at Prince Edward High School is also well respected here, Mike Edwards already on the staff, Maurice Taylor former star VT alum and my nephew Tarian Ayres former star and VSU alumn and the new jv coach from Appomattox would round out a good staff. I trust and believe Russ will put the right people in place very soon. This thing now has been prolonged for too long. We only have about 26 varsity and jv the last two years combined. This didn't happen pryor to Wallace. Maybe 26 varsity alone is what we average per year. We dont have that with both combined.

Great thread and loved the humility on both parts. OH HOW THERE WERE so many on here calling yall out on the language and attacks but no one gave credit for the apology and self-check? The world we live in....crazy huh?

Gonna love to see Bucktown get Wilk back on staff. He is a good guy and them players will play for him. Its true about the exchange of tape as well. He refused and Doug got it from other schools. Doug just not that type of guy to take revenge. If he did he would have took pride in beating the brakes off Heritage 2 years straight after firing him.

If I was a parent i would be at the fence laying out the coach for keeping in the players (especially if he had in my son). We would have had a 1 on 1 after the game too.

Great thread and loved the humility on both parts. OH HOW THERE WERE so many on here calling yall out on the language and attacks but no one gave credit for the apology and self-check? The world we live in....crazy huh?

Gonna love to see Bucktown get Wilk back on staff. He is a good guy and them players will play for him. Its true about the exchange of tape as well. He refused and Doug got it from other schools. Doug just not that type of guy to take revenge. If he did he would have took pride in beating the brakes off Heritage 2 years straight after firing him.

If I was a parent i would be at the fence laying out the coach for keeping in the players (especially if he had in my son). We would have had a 1 on 1 after the game too.
His tenure is up in 3 weeks. I just talked to an older guy from here who said it was embarrassing to watch after 3. He said he won't attend another game until Wallace is gone.

Rumors always fly, but I've heard Wilkerson is very happy where he is at now. I also heard the AD made Wallace go apologize to Cumberland Coach but that does nothing for the kids. From what I understand, Buckingham does not have an actual 2nd or 3rd team. I may be wrong but just saying.

My question is this: Buckingham is on a two-game winning streak and has a decent chance of winning out the rest of the season. That would put them at a 5-5 record and potential for a playoff berth. Can you really fire a second year coach after he goes 5-5 and makes the playoffs, much improved from the 2-8 season that the team had last year?

My question is this: Buckingham is on a two-game winning streak and has a decent chance of winning out the rest of the season. That would put them at a 5-5 record and potential for a playoff berth. Can you really fire a second year coach after he goes 5-5 and makes the playoffs, much improved from the 2-8 season that the team had last year?
Only reason they finish 5-5 is because the team, athletic wise is better than what's left on their schedule. They are no where near a playoff team and the things that have transpired here under Wallace is not worth it. It's not just about the losses its about the atmosphere here. Too many bridges burned no matter how the season end. On another note if Bluestone had a good coaching staff they would be a top notch team. They are big as heck all the way around, athletic and skilled but just used the wrong way. Honestly they could've ran away with the game against us for real. We lost to Amelia, Nottoway, Chatham, Appomattox, Goochland. We beat Lunenburg, Cumberland and Bluestone. 2 1A schools and a badly coached 2A team. Next 2 games against Randolph Henry and Prince Edward (combined wins 2). Does that 5 and 5 look like a coach turned anything around?

Last edited:
Only reason they finish 5-5 is because the team, athletic wise is better than what's left on their schedule. They are no where near a playoff team and the things that have transpired here under Wallace is not worth it. It's not just about the losses its about the atmosphere here. Too many bridges burned no matter how the season end. On another note if Bluestone had a good coaching staff they would be a top notch team. They are big as heck all the way around, athletic and skilled but just used the wrong way. Honestly they could've ran away with the game against us for real. We lost to Amelia, Nottoway, Chatham, Appomattox, Goochland. We beat Lunenburg, Cumberland and Bluestone. 2 1A schools and a badly coached 2A team. Next 2 games against Randolph Henry and Prince Edward (combined wins 2). Does that 5 and 5 look like a coach turned anything around?
I'm not saying turned it around in a sense of making Buckingham a dynasty or anything, but 5-5 is 5-5 no matter how you got there. Not sure better coaching would have given y'all any other wins on the season. Maybe Chatham or Nottoway? I haven't seen Nottoway play at all, and only saw Chatham play Appomattox. The JRD is not a tough District at all, and I agree with you on Bluestone. They have always had athletes and size, just never anyone to do something with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT