ADVERTISEMENT

Official 1A Ratings

For what it's worth, as far as Fort goes. I'm not so sure that if the Blues played them again you wouldn't see a totally different game. I believe we would win but it wouldnt be the blowout like the first time. I think they had the same issues that Parry McCluer had at the start of the season and are now getting on track.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
As a ture blue fan I am very hard on my team I still don't think they have everything working together to win it all. Do they have the team to do it absolutely, but there are still two teams to get through before we talk about state. I can tell you the only thing on coach Cafts mind right now is Covington.

If PM plays like I now they can someboby going to get smacked in the mouth if there not worried about PM and if we don't play we will get smack. Everybody is 0-0 come playoff time.

I hear ya BgBoy, I'm hard on them as well because I know what they're capable of accomplishing. They're well coached and talented. I said before the district slate started that I felt the Blues needed to go out and crush these 4 opponents, so far they've done that. Anything less than the same over the next two week and I'll be disappointed.

And then comes the playoffs where Riverheads, George Wythe, Hurley, Sussex, Galax and a whole slew of others will have something to say as well! All very impressive squads.

And hey guys, I know its a lot of talk on these boards about the Blues, you'll have to forgive us, we love our football down in BV. Love hearing about the other schools as well so join on in.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
Blaster may remember but in his first poll I said that PM would make noise despite the loss to Gap. Looking at opponent record doesn't tell you a lot since PM has the same problem that Hurley has, they have played teams that haven't won a lot. Does that mean they are not every bit as impressive? In my opinion, no. You play who is on the schedule and as the fella above said, everybody is 0-0 when the playoffs start. If Covington is full strength (Dressler healthy) then we should know more. I believe PM should win decisively but how they handle his skill set and are they able to control that massive D line of Covington will tell me if they have the machine ready for the post season.

Gotta figure out where to go this Friday as I am not heading to Quicksburg for that game. I wish PM was home as I want to catch a game of theirs. I think I might make a trek a little further east to see one of the top teams on the east sidenot the bracket.

While schedule strength may indeed give us fans a better feel for were our teams strengths and weakness lie. As well perhaps a home game or two come playoff time. It really has no bearing on the team itself. Neither does past seasons. To much emphasis is placed on this team or that teams past but the great thing about high school ball is it changes every year. Hurley is a great example of this. Winning teams have to start somewhere. As I said before I am just proud that the Blues are playing competitive ball again. We have seen the dark days as have most schools and there no fun.

Reactions: mmqp
While schedule strength may indeed give us fans a better feel for were our teams strengths and weakness lie. As well perhaps a home game or two come playoff time. It really has no bearing on the team itself. Neither does past seasons. To much emphasis is placed on this team or that teams past but the great thing about high school ball is it changes every year. Hurley is a great example of this. Winning teams have to start somewhere. As I said before I am just proud that the Blues are playing competitive ball again. We have seen the dark days as have most schools and there no fun.

I can remember going to road games during those dark years and the only thing to look forward to was the pregame meals..

Reactions: naildriver91
Blaster may remember but in his first poll I said that PM would make noise despite the loss to Gap. Looking at opponent record doesn't tell you a lot since PM has the same problem that Hurley has, they have played teams that haven't won a lot. Does that mean they are not every bit as impressive? In my opinion, no. You play who is on the schedule and as the fella above said, everybody is 0-0 when the playoffs start. If Covington is full strength (Dressler healthy) then we should know more. I believe PM should win decisively but how they handle his skill set and are they able to control that massive D line of Covington will tell me if they have the machine ready for the post season.

Gotta figure out where to go this Friday as I am not heading to Quicksburg for that game. I wish PM was home as I want to catch a game of theirs. I think I might make a trek a little further east to see one of the top teams on the east sidenot the bracket.
I do remember that and I couldn't agree more. PM has the pieces no doubt that LB is very good. And a 3 headed beast in the backfield doesn't hurt. Imo PM will go as there line does. Myself and a few PM fans talked early on in the season about there line play. I think it all depends on them . But as many have said we are all about to be 0-0 1 loss and you go home. Come in and get hot and peak at the right time and you will do very well. Best of luck to everyone

Reactions: mmqp
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT