ADVERTISEMENT

OOS Games of interest and developments

Yeah he had the 2.2 GPA to barely qualify. Not making fun of the kid.

Gotcha. I'm glad he got the scholarship. And hope he continues to do alright at Tennessee. That's ultimately what matters. I know he's for sure good enough to play at that level.

You're not one of them, but I don't think some people realize part of the deal with player movement and residency issues in Charlotte is the situations some kids are in. I don't know what his was in particular. But you've got kids going from one apartment to another staying with aunts and uncles, living out of hotels, living out of cars. Look at the deal tonight at North Meck. It's ridiculous to have to have that level of security/scrutiny at a HS football game! It's not just Charlotte either, I'm sure.

Some young people don't apply themselves 🤷🏻‍♂️. Some don't have the support they need. And for some, it's just harder. So, getting a scholarship is a big deal. Should be for anyone really. I didn't get one. I know that! Would've been nice to have had a full ride.

Last edited:
^^Between Mallard Creek and Chambers (not counting Hough because that's 25-30 minutes away), maybe last seven or eight years, off the top of my head..

DJ Humphries (Florida/Arizona Cardinals/1st Rd pick)

Jaylen Samuels (NC State/Pittsburgh Steelers)

Jordan Davis (Georgia/Philadelphia Eagles/1st Rd pick)

Trenton Simpson (Clemson/Baltimore Ravens)

Myles Dorn (North Carolina/Minnesota Vikings/FA)

Power Echols (North Carolina)

Daylan Smothers (Oklahoma)

James Pearce (Tennessee)

Kevin Concepcion (NC State)

That's not too bad a success rate. Basically end of Mallard Creek's run, then Chambers last few years, about five miles apart, so not a big area. Obviously not Atlanta or some place like that but not bad.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
West Charlotte @ Chambers

Big game for the area. Need this win for the Cougars. WC is starting to gain some traction. Much improved over the last couple seasons. Beat Indy. Beat Creek. Hung with Hough first half. Be that as it may, it's going to take some mistakes for Chambers to lose this one. Just can't take it for granted is all.

Last edited:
Rabun Gap @ Providence Day

This will be PD's most difficult opponent since week one against Rock Hill Northwestern. Rabun Gap undefeated with some good wins. PD has an explosive offense, defense is average. Well coached, but they're able to get by a lot of teams on talent alone. One of the top players in '25 class.. David Sanders. Interested to see how they do against a little more evenly matched team. I would say PD by a couple scores, but not real high confidence.

West Charlotte @ Chambers

Big game for the area. Need this win for the Cougars. WC is starting to gain some traction. Much improved over the last couple seasons. Beat Indy. Beat Creek. Hung with Hough first half. Be that as it may, it's going to take some mistakes for Chambers to lose this one. Just can't take it for granted is all.

F: Chambers 30, West Charlotte 14

Game was not as close as the final score..

Rabun Gap @ Providence Day

This will be PD's most difficult opponent since week one against Rock Hill Northwestern. Rabun Gap undefeated with some good wins. PD has an explosive offense, defense is average. Well coached, but they're able to get by a lot of teams on talent alone. One of the top players in '25 class.. David Sanders. Interested to see how they do against a little more evenly matched team. I would say PD by a couple scores, but not real high confidence.

F: Rabun Gap 42, Provides Day 27

I thought this might happen. Defense is average. Not very deep. Never felt good about not having a defense.

Last edited:
Mallard Creek @ Chambers

Creek is 100% capable of an upset here if Chambers isn't on top of things, more so than West Charlotte was last week imo. West Charlotte didn't score until 2s and 3s were in. Couldn't move the ball.

Hough has the conference/automatic birth locked up, so this is for bragging rights and RPI. I don't see it making a ton of difference coming out of the West, but this'll be a good test going into the playoffs. Just have to come out show'em what's real on the battlefield. Potential rematch 1st round, but we'll see. I expect this one to be close.

I think WC was a little shell-shocked last week. I think this game will be different.

Last edited:
Tre went out end of the 1st. Offense struggled. Basically turned into a field position game. Neither side of the ball played that well. They ended scoring on a short field and a busted run late.
Man we haven’t looked like us since the Creek game last year. We didn’t play an extremely hard schedule this year and didn’t beat but 1 good team this year (North Meck beat them tonight too 🥴). Were you in Asheville last year when we lost to AC Reynolds? Sadly, I believe that ended the “JC dynasty”. I looked at the CMS middle school playoff bracket and James Martin was no where to be found. Ranson (all West Charlotte kids/maybe a 2-3 North kids) got the #1 seed. I see Wiggins going back to Greensboro this offseason. He’s a great coach who does things the right way and Hicks, the new principal, is the best in the game, but it’s a lot to clean up in that school/program. Last I heard, they were still $30k plus in debt for football.

Man we haven’t looked like us since the Creek game last year. We didn’t play an extremely hard schedule this year and didn’t beat but 1 good team this year (North Meck beat them tonight too 🥴). Were you in Asheville last year when we lost to AC Reynolds? Sadly, I believe that ended the “JC dynasty”. I looked at the CMS middle school playoff bracket and James Martin was no where to be found. Ranson (all West Charlotte kids/maybe a 2-3 North kids) got the #1 seed. I see Wiggins going back to Greensboro this offseason. He’s a great coach who does things the right way and Hicks, the new principal, is the best in the game, but it’s a lot to clean up in that school/program. Last I heard, they were still $30k plus in debt for football.

Tough conference man 😂. It's not for the faint of heart. Benedictine is really good. They're undefeated. That's one of the better teams in GA in any class. Hough is really good. Their only loss is to a really good Byrnes team that's going to finish on top of Region 2 in SC 5A. Those are really good teams.

I figured this game would be close. For a number of reasons. Take away QB1 and it becomes that much harder. Those are the three losses. It is what it is...See what happens in the playoffs.

JV did alright. Hough is basically on top of the conference. West Charlotte had a good JV. I think their only loss was to Hough. Chambers dropped three including last night in OT. All close games. Creek finished something like 5-4. So, they're holding pace.

If you think about it...It really sucks being West Charlotte 😂. That's not a bad team. But those are some physical games..Monroe, Indy, then Mallard Creek, Hough and Chambers in conference. Those guys are feeling it by the end of the year. Think that's probably the deal there. Won those first three.

Last edited:
^Go back and look at '19 & '20 only losses were:

Hough
Mallard Creek

Never going to be easy. Think Mallard Creek went on an eight year run...won 3 titles. Look at Hough 😂. Mallard Creek zoned for ridiculous talent. West Charlotte too. So, yeah, we lost to those two and Benedictine. Hough was probably the most winnable.

Last edited:
1st round we have.....Chambers vs Mallard Creek 😂😂
Creek has Marvin Ridge and we have NW Guilford. I like our chances against NWG and we’ll get Weddington if we win. We’re a terrible match up for Weddington as we just out physical them. Creek has the toughest draw in Round 1, but they’ll absolutely destroy Watauga in Round 2.

Tough conference man 😂. It's not for the faint of heart. Benedictine is really good. They're undefeated. That's one of the better teams in GA in any class. Hough is really good. Their only loss is to a really good Byrnes team that's going to finish on top of Region 2 in SC 5A. Those are really good teams.

I figured this game would be close. For a number of reasons. Take away QB1 and it becomes that much harder. Those are the three losses. It is what it is...See what happens in the playoffs.

JV did alright. Hough is basically on top of the conference. West Charlotte had a good JV. I think their only loss was to Hough. Chambers dropped three including last night in OT. All close games. Creek finished something like 5-4. So, they're holding pace.

If you think about it...It really sucks being West Charlotte 😂. That's not a bad team. But those are some physical games..Monroe, Indy, then Mallard Creek, Hough and Chambers in conference. Those guys are feeling it by the end of the year. Think that's probably the deal there. Won those first three.
Good stuff bro, I agree! You and I both know that JC is used to winning though. That’s probably the toughest job in CMS as the parents expect 1. Championships and 2. Power 5 exposure. I like our chances after seeing the brackets.

@BoKnowsSports That was just my gut before I saw the prelims. I knew it'd be close. I like Creek's draw for the reason you mention (especially if Indy beats East), but it really doesn't matter a whole lot coming out of the West imo.

Last edited:
It's so embarrassing that none of the fans know how RPI and playoff seeding works.
Doesn't North Carolina heavily rely on MaxPreps? If so, that's a problem right there.

We all know the solutions to make things easier and I wonder belabor the point that I've made several times. Unfortunately these "educated administrators" couldn't effectively manage a YouTube Channel if they were called upon to do so.

Doesn't North Carolina heavily rely on MaxPreps? If so, that's a problem right there.

We all know the solutions to make things easier and I wonder belabor the point that I've made several times. Unfortunately these "educated administrators" couldn't effectively manage a YouTube Channel if they were called upon to do so.

MaxPreps is terrible, but it’s just a formula they use for RPI. It's the seeding rules most people don't get for whatever reason.

Think NWG will give us a game tonight? I think Kannapolis may upset Mooresville.

Gonna take some big plays for NWG imo. I think their passing game is underrated, and Chambers is a little more susceptible to big plays (part of that is scheme) than what most realize because not a lot of teams have been able to take advantage of it, but on paper, it's a favorable match up for Chambers.

Myers Park vs Charlotte Catholic

Grimsley vs North Meck

West Forsyth vs Ardrey Kell

^Those are a few I'd watch.

Marvin Ridge vs Mallard Creek

Benji Black got loose a couple times last week. Probably one of the most underrated players in the state with that speed.

Last edited:
Dutch Fork vs Boiling Springs

Boiling Springs was in some close games. They're probably a little better than their overall record makes them look. Tough region.

Byrnes vs Dorman

That's a rivalry game. Close the first time. Byrnes won 28 - 26..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT