ADVERTISEMENT

OOS Games of interest and developments

Talking heads on talking preps is so terrible, man, I'm sorry 😂. I'm not trying to be mean, but they built that Mooresville team up.
Yeah they did! Butler did them dirty last year and they played a pansy schedule this year. Chambers will beat Weddington next week and Creek will come down Blowing Rock after winning whatever to zero. The Ford Boyz gonna win too. Football on our side of town just different.

For those of you with a sports package on your cable/satellite/cord cutting bundle box which includes many of the regional sports networks, Lake Travis play Vandegrift on Bally Sports Southwest this Friday Night at 8:00PM Eastern.

This is a Bi-District Game in the UIL Texas High School Football Playoffs (1st Round of the Playoffs) in what is going to be a very competitive 6A-Division I Bracket.

Lake Travis have six state titles to their name including five in a row from 2007-2011 while Vandegrift appeared in their first ever state title game last season in 6A-Division II where they were rolled by DeSoto.

Vandegrift got bumped up into the D-I bracket due to an unexpected result in their district the other night.

In 6A, you have to play everyone in your district (imagine that), and the Top 4 make the playoffs. Of the Top 4, the Top 2 finishers based solely on enrollment based on the Snapshot number of students in that cycle play in the D-I bracket while the two smaller enrollment schools that finish in the Top 4 in a district go to the D-II bracket. So in essence, you could have the third and fourth place schools go to the D-I bracket if they have the highest enrollment out of the Top 4 finishers in the district. A quirk, and very unique. I couldn't mind something like this in Virginia.

In 2A-5A, those classifications are already broken into divisions at the start of the season and your district alignment is based on those divisions. As with 6A, you have to play everyone in your district.

But Littlejohn was the problem. I hate it, I thought we could get back to the big game.
I don't know the whole deal there. I think he's a good coach. He's obviously doing alright now.

I think we had some potential, but not sure this was a championship caliber team. This game reminded me a lot of the game against Hough.

SC 5A, I don't know who the favorite is since Byrnes lost to Hillcrest in OT. Dutch Fork vs Gaffney should be a good one. You can never really count Gaffney out.

SC 4A, I was pulling for South Pointe...Coach Brand has Irmo undefeated, but I'm not sure anyone can beat Rock Hill Northwestern. Northwestern would be my pick to win the 4A title.

Last edited:
I think rivalry game against Charlotte Catholic and then the winner of Hough vs Grimsley is going to be tough on them though. Then likely Butler before the finals.

West Charlotte lost this game. They were up 22-6 in the 4th. Gave up two TDs, two 2-pt conversions and missed about a 30 yard FG with a minute left. Crest was 3/3 on 2-pt conversions including one in OT to win it.

F: Crest 30, WC 29

• Wow
Reactions: SFUWO
I think this will end up Grimsley vs Butler..Then winner of Rolesville vs Cardinal Gibbons next week from the East.
I like Indy in the rematch. They just have a little bit more dog in them than Butler bro. I don’t know if Grimsley beats Weddington either. I’ll also through Cleveland out of the East in there.

I like Indy in the rematch. They just have a little bit more dog in them than Butler bro. I don’t know if Grimsley beats Weddington either. I’ll also through Cleveland out of the East in there.

I probably should've included Cleveland. I was thinking they lost tonight, but that was Clayton. I somehow got those two confused.

Weddington is the more well rounded team. The thing that concerns me is Grimsley, I think their offense might be better this year than last year. Hough had one of the best defenses in the state. Losing Jaiden Spearman earlier in the year hurt them a little bit, but the backup wasn't bad. That was a pretty good defense at every level. Good at the line. Two good SR linebackers. The other starting safety is D1 bound. Probably one of the best young corners in the state in Samari Matthews. And Grimsley put up some points last night. Granted the Whirlies don't have the defense of a Chambers, Mallard Creek, West Charlotte..I believe Weddington is gonna have to slow the game down. You're not beating that team in a shootout imo. I wouldn't mind seeing Weddington win. Win time of possession, no turnovers.

With Indy, I'm just going with Butler because I've seen Indy have lapses on defense, lost a couple games to teams that put up some resistance. And it's at Butler. But that is a rivalry game. Indy is tough, so you might be right. I know for damned sure DubC has more dog in them than Crest. I still can't believe they lost that game.

Last edited:
Just watched one of the craziest games of football I’ve ever seen. Princeton WV(who has victories over Pulaski and Tazwell this year) just beat traditional WV power Bridgeport(led by Giles native and former Va Prep Coach Tyler Phares) 73-70 to advance to the state championship. To call this a poor defensive display is an understatement of monumental proportion. By my count there was a total of 5 combined defensive stops in the game. One of which was a 99 yard scoop and score by Princeton. What’s even worse is the teams traded stops on their first possessions.

To be fair, both teams are very good offensively. Princeton features a 4.2 40 kid that Bridgeport could not hope to contain and few other good athletes, and Bridgeport runs the UBSW with an unsurpassed precision. But this was just a pathetic display from both defenses. Poor game plans, no adjustment, and poor effort as far as rallying to the ball.

Just watched one of the craziest games of football I’ve ever seen. Princeton WV(who has victories over Pulaski and Tazwell this year) just beat traditional WV power Bridgeport(led by Giles native and former Va Prep Coach Tyler Phares) 73-70 to advance to the state championship. To call this a poor defensive display is an understatement of monumental proportion. By my count there was a total of 5 combined defensive stops in the game. One of which was a 99 yard scoop and score by Princeton. What’s even worse is the teams traded stops on their first possessions.

To be fair, both teams are very good offensively. Princeton features a 4.2 40 kid that Bridgeport could not hope to contain and few other good athletes, and Bridgeport runs the UBSW with an unsurpassed precision. But this was just a pathetic display from both defenses. Poor game plans, no adjustment, and poor effort as far as rallying to the ball.
Winner of Martinsburg Huntington game will win by 35

Winner of Martinsburg Huntington game will win by 35
Very likely imo. Princeton gave up more points in the second half tonight than martinsburg has all year. I think they gave up more than Huntington has all season in this game as well. If not it’s close.

@CountryClubJoesSecretAlias HOW BOUT THEM INDY PATRIOTS! Knew Butler was frauds. Littlejohn is my guy and hated to see him lose. Our boy Skylar Murray transferred out of the blue from JC to Indy (weirdest transfer I’ve ever seen 😂) but he’s been balling out for them.

Yeah! Dad is real involved..thought he was a QB. He's a safety IMHO. Indy has him at rover. I think he's had a good year. Defense is what won them that game. They turned Butler over three times on 4th down. I hope Skylar finds a home at the next level. It's going to take that type of effort to win it.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Neither one of these teams what I would consider "elite."

Independence has to play physical. Can't get caught in a finesse game which is what happened to them earlier in the year.

I said in another thread... Weddington will scheme you to death. I guess Grimsley learned the hard way 😂 giving up 44 points smh. But they are beatable.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Martinsburg cruises to another title, 57-13 over Princeton. 10th in 13 seasons for the bulldogs. Next season Martinsburg opens up with a return trip to 5A finalist Stone Bridge.

Martinsburg cruises to another title, 57-13 over Princeton. 10th in 13 seasons for the bulldogs. Next season Martinsburg opens up with a return trip to 5A finalist Stone Bridge.
I was surprised how close the first half was. I think Martinsburg loses a lot this yr

I was surprised how close the first half was. I think Martinsburg loses a lot this yr
Princeton was the more motivated team early. Martinsburg came out a little flat and seemed to mess up a couple coverages. Cost them on one long TD pass, then gave up another right before half on a really boneheaded play. Once they got going though, Princeton couldn’t compete.

Martinsburg loses a lot up front especially . They will slot in a new QB next year that already has an Ivy League offer at the position(played RB this year and ran for around 1000 yards), and they bring back another 1000 yard back and 3 of their top 5 WRs. Defensively they will need to replace the entire DL and most of the secondary. Lot of young talent in the program, but will probably be somewhat of a down year. I think they will be pretty exciting though.

Princeton was the more motivated team early. Martinsburg came out a little flat and seemed to mess up a couple coverages. Cost them on one long TD pass, then gave up another right before half on a really boneheaded play. Once they got going though, Princeton couldn’t compete.

Martinsburg loses a lot up front especially . They will slot in a new QB next year that already has an Ivy League offer at the position(played RB this year and ran for around 1000 yards), and they bring back another 1000 yard back and 3 of their top 5 WRs. Defensively they will need to replace the entire DL and most of the secondary. Lot of young talent in the program, but will probably be somewhat of a down year. I think they will be pretty exciting though.
That DL was definitely a great group. Phoebus is the only one I'd say might be very similar

That DL was definitely a great group. Phoebus is the only one I'd say might be very similar
They are the best HS DL group I’ve ever seen. I don’t understand how #50 Reid isn’t a P5 player. Regardless, will be very difficult to replace.

They are the best HS DL group I’ve ever seen. I don’t understand how #50 Reid isn’t a P5 player. Regardless, will be very difficult to replace.
I'm hoping that the fact Salem played them last yr helps against Phoebus.

Reactions: K7w5
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT