ADVERTISEMENT

pairings so far for C & D

VHSL-helper

VaPreps All Region
Oct 23, 2004
1-D

#6 Eastside or Twin Valley (6-3) @ #3 Pat. Henry (GS) (7-3)
#7 Eastside (5-4) or Twin Val @ #2 Twin Springs (8-1)

#5 Grundy (5-4) @ #4 Chilhowie (7-3)
#8 Honaker (5-5) @ #1 Holston (10-0)

1-C

#6 Narrows (5-5) or Covington @ #3 Parry McCluer (7-3)
#7 Eastern Montgomery (5-5) @ #2 Giles (6-3*)

#5 Covington (4-5) or Narrows @ #4 George Wythe (5-4)
#8 Grayson Co. (5-5) @ #1 Galax (7-2)

Last edited:
Reactions: MT FAN 91
The bottom bracket listed seems like a much tougher road in Region C than the top one.

Very tough. But I really think PM plays Covington again. Hopefully they play a hole game this time.

So does PM and Covington play for sure? If so are the following matchups correct?

Galax-grayson
GW-narrows
Giles-east mont
PM-covington

GW coach needs to improve his mental game and get the past out out his head! This is the most important game! Past ones don’t matter! But that being said he’s O-11 I think ahaha

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
GW coach needs to improve his mental game and get the past out out his head! This is the most important game! Past ones don’t matter! But that being said he’s O-11 I think ahaha
Couldn't agree more and he had one win against them the year in 2015 when they won state. GW-28 Galax-27 I think it was. Then Galax beat RH in the title game 7-6.

Couldn't agree more and he had one win against them the year in 2015 when they won state. GW-28 Galax-27 I think it was. Then Galax beat RH in the title game 7-6.
GW looked better against Grayson than Galax did in my opinion. Although the score didn't reflect it, I don't think Galax had a good game against Grayson. Just my opinion, and I know that sounds silly but it just felt that way to me.

GW looked like a completely different team. Against Grayson than they did against Galax. Maybe Grayson had an off night or maybe GW was just that much improved.

GW looked better against Grayson than Galax did in my opinion. Although the score didn't reflect it, I don't think Galax had a good game against Grayson. Just my opinion, and I know that sounds silly but it just felt that way to me.

GW looked like a completely different team. Against Grayson than they did against Galax. Maybe Grayson had an off night or maybe GW was just that much improved.
Grayson Defense looked out of sorts against GW. They was not flying to the ball and coming up as they have all year. They also played way back off the line of scrimmage against GW than compared to Galax and GW made us pay for it. If it was not for some great plays by CB in space GW would of been alot worse.

We didn’t go to the game but watched it on NFHS, but who ever was sitting in the stands for Grayson near the camera was calling Galaxs offensive plays all night. He didn’t miss a one.

Could be that Galax and Grayson are bigger rivals and Grayson was a little more amped up to play Galax than GW and gave us a better game? Idk because I haven't watched much of the Grayson GW game, just curious if that had anything to do with it? If Galax and GW both take care of business this week we'll find out if GW has improved as much as everyone says they have. If they both make it I do expect a closer game next go around.

Last edited:
We didn’t go to the game but watched it on NFHS, but who ever was sitting in the stands for Grayson near the camera was calling Galaxs offensive plays all night. He didn’t miss a one.
It was
It was our coach he as dropping F bombs the whole time as well as screaming holding every other play. Although he certainly knew when they was going to run QB power.

As far as GW compared to Galax. I think Mt 91 is probably right, but with that being said GW did a much better job at getting their play makers outside with one on one match ups.

And number 7 for Galax. Why he doesn't get the ball more is beyond me. Every time he touches it he is a threat. He made the whole team miss on the long Td called back and jucjed two kids completely out of their shoes on his Td

Reactions: MT FAN 91

what has helped GW out is they got a really good skilled player back about 4 weeks ago. he has been out all season with an injury he suffered in the spring. I believe he is the twin brother of the QB

I hope rhs wins it all, but don't know if it will be by 50, casto says 1 game at a time,

Better not sleep on GW!!! Just saying
I would look for Narrows to give PM a little more of a game than last time also. I think they had some players injured in that first meeting?

Any 1st round games look intriguing to you guys? Most look like rematches or at least familiar opponents. If PM gets by round 1 I love the idea of them playing Giles for the historical significance of it and I think it would be a good game.

what has helped GW out is they got a really good skilled player back about 4 weeks ago. he has been out all season with an injury he suffered in the spring. I believe he is the twin brother of the QB
That's true that definitely helped and yes he has a twin that also starts for GW. Both are killer players and can fly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT