ADVERTISEMENT

Parking

A new venue that people needed to find their way around and few ask questions. Ample parking if people asked. W&M get 8-9,000 at home games all the time and no one complains because they know the parking lot system.

My buddy and I have been going to the 5 and 6 games at City Stadium, Va Tech and UVA where they have ample parking at the stadiums where its suppose to be. We asked where the parking was and a fella said William and Mary Hall and told us where it was. He said should be plenty of parking there and about a half mile walk lol. Maybe that's why they only get 9000 to a home game. Nice stadium to watch a High School game with great emphasis in bricks. My wife is a 1990 grad of W&M but she couldn't give me directions on parking

There is a difference in parking between top Div 1 colleges and Div 1-AA. About the half mile walk- I have been a number of VT games but do not have season tickets or one of those reserved spots. I parked like thousand of others in the large lots all the way over by the Engineering school. Bus over but have to walk after game and easily a half mile or more! Never been to UVA for a game.

Went to all VT home games while my son went there. Easy parking at his Townhouse and even at 56, it was an easy skateboard ride to the stadium. I'm guessing it was about a mile. Coming back was a different story. The last half mile was a mostly uphill grade. The middle son played at JMU. Went to all his games. Easy, free parking was available but you do have to walk. Accept that and no biggie.

But it's a major College Campus guys. You're deceiving yourself if you think you will not have to use your legs.

I agree with this Navy but I think Southbottoms main point was that Richmond or Charlottesville makes more since for all parties involved.. not just Salem. I tend to agree.. the State Championship needs to be more centralized in order to maximize fan turnout. If today's games were in CVille my guess is there would be 4k + more fans show up for the two games. That makes for a much better game day autmoaphere for the players and makes the Vhsl more $$$$. It's a win/win.
I agree a more Central location would attract more people. I for one, would have gone to those games but didnt. I would not go to Williamsburg.

I agree a more Central location would attract more people. I for one, would have gone to those games but didnt. I would not go to Williamsburg.
Why? From Richmond, Williamsburg is only an hour. I did the commute for 15 years. And why not combine as some did for a mini vacation. Alot more restaurants, outlet shopping and tourist destinations like Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown and Busch Gardens (Christmas City right now) than in any other location in Virginia.

Getting their at 1 30 I was wondering why the streets were packed with cars. Knowing that most 4A fans were not there yet, something didn't seem right. I had asked an older lady in Williamsburg where to park and she told me of a big lot at Kaplan Hall I believe. I did what she said and found a huge open lot with the direction of parking attendants. No problems. I think most people just won't ask questions.
I was told by the police the only parking was at Kaplan Hall so that's where I parked. I had to walk a bit but I'm just bias to liberty and UVA. Secondly I agree with whoever posted on here about the PA announcer talking too much. How everyone like when he said no cowbells allowed after people were ringing them and he got booed lol

Why? From Richmond, Williamsburg is only an hour. I did the commute for 15 years. And why not combine as some did for a mini vacation. Alot more restaurants, outlet shopping and tourist destinations like Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown and Busch Gardens (Christmas City right now) than in any other location in Virginia.
N/m

Unfortunately, a mini vacation wasn't in the cards for a lot of us unable to make it into an entire weekend. It became a 4 hour drive down and a 4 hour drive back getting home well after midnight. Would do anything to support the team, but if I didn't have someone special to cheer for I would never make that trip. Rotating venues is fair, but logic dictates a more centrally located site be found so it's fair for everyone. I love a good game, but will not travel that far if my team isn't playing. And yes, the parking was terrible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT