ADVERTISEMENT

Peyton Lewis

I am guessing yesterday and the last couple of weeks should have cleared up any lingering doubts from game 1 for those who might have questioned Lewis' heart. Just more support, IMO, for the age old adage that you evaluate seasons as a full body of work, not on single games.
And I have acknowledged as such!! I made a statement about a game that I watched. I made a statement about what I saw in a player based on actions in that game and such. Do I still stand by those statements!! For that game, absolutely!! But here’s the thing that nobody will be willing to admit. Odviously the coaches saw what I saw and some coaching up was done!! Because if you haven’t seen a different player since that game, you ain’t been looking!! That’s all I’m saying about this, I’ve also a knowledged how good he’s been playing of late!! Grown ass man is what I believe I’ve been saying!!
I’m more worried about the terrible inconsistency in the play calling at this point. It’s like we see glimpses of great called games and then we go right back to crap play calling like yesterday!!

And I have acknowledged as such!! I made a statement about a game that I watched. I made a statement about what I saw in a player based on actions in that game and such. Do I still stand by those statements!! For that game, absolutely!! But here’s the thing that nobody will be willing to admit. Odviously the coaches saw what I saw and some coaching up was done!! Because if you haven’t seen a different player since that game, you ain’t been looking!! That’s all I’m saying about this, I’ve also a knowledged how good he’s been playing of late!! Grown ass man is what I believe I’ve been saying!!
I’m more worried about the terrible inconsistency in the play calling at this point. It’s like we see glimpses of great called games and then we go right back to crap play calling like yesterday!!
You missed the point. IT WAS ONE GAME!! To be clearer it is not about how you start it is how you finish and Salem's been pretty good at finishing. You can pat yourself on the back and tell yourself all you wish that you and the coaches saw something that others didn't but, you no more know that than whether they chose that course to save energy for the end of season and not reveal all their plans up front. Again, it was one game and jumping to premature conclusions rarely proves wise.

Pat myself on the back!?!?? Why?? I made a statement about a football player, on a football discussion forum!! No more no less, I didn’t miss the point, every one else made a huge deal about it. I defended my statement, but at the end of the day, more was made of it than it should have!! I can guarantee the coaches didn’t play conservative, but really, pat my self on the back??. I’m discussing football from here on out. I’m not being baited into arguments. I’d just assume leave than do this

Last edited:
Can you elaborate a little more on the lousy play calling? I think they could have run outside a little more as Tuscarora never adjusted anything to try and stop it (I think Phoebus will). Tuscarora had a lot of success stopping the inside run in the 1st half. I can't blame the coach for running inside as if he established that Tuscarora couldn't stop them. Salem tried several passes and couldn't complete any until the end of the second half. I agree they botched the clock after that pass but it's common in high school football even with the best programs. Heck even in the pros they botch it up sometimes. I guess Salem should throw in some screens or flat passes to Lewis as he's difficult to bring down. I'm interested to know Lewis' speed as he doesn't look fast (Tennessee fast) when he's running but he did keep ahead of Tuscarora's secondary.

There were no wheel routes out of the backfield, no screens, no tight end passes Salems best called games involved all those. The deep ball is great, but the reality is it’s a low percentage catch and often like yesterday it was in double/triple coverage.

The worst play call of the game was 4th and 3 in the red zone. Trap was called. Hadn’t worked at all and yet still called it

Last edited:
Can you elaborate a little more on the lousy play calling? I think they could have run outside a little more as Tuscarora never adjusted anything to try and stop it (I think Phoebus will). Tuscarora had a lot of success stopping the inside run in the 1st half. I can't blame the coach for running inside as if he established that Tuscarora couldn't stop them. Salem tried several passes and couldn't complete any until the end of the second half. I agree they botched the clock after that pass but it's common in high school football even with the best programs. Heck even in the pros they botch it up sometimes. I guess Salem should throw in some screens or flat passes to Lewis as he's difficult to bring down. I'm interested to know Lewis' speed as he doesn't look fast (Tennessee fast) when he's running but he did keep ahead of Tuscarora's secondary.
Two time state 100 meter Champ.
10. 5
Member of Nike National Championship 4x200 meter relay. Anchor

Reactions: wolverinedad2018
If Lewis was playing at Tennessee this year he would be the fastest player on the team. He is the fastest football player in the state of Virginia for any classification and one of the fastest in the entire country.

If Lewis was playing at Tennessee this year he would be the fastest player on the team. He is the fastest football player in the state of Virginia for any classification and one of the fastest in the entire country.
I think it's because he's so big. It's deceptive looking speed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT