ADVERTISEMENT

Phoebus Defense

VolNation85

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 29, 2013
In a day and age where offenses tend to get most of the attention and limelight, I just want to say the 2022 Phoebus defense was elite! I saw all of the state finalist at least once this year besides Central, Maury, Madison, and George Wythe and they were the best I have seen in Virginia this year, regardless of classification!

In a day and age where offenses tend to get most of the attention and limelight, I just want to say the 2022 Phoebus defense was elite! I saw all of the state finalist at least once this year besides Central, Maury, Madison, and George Wythe and they were the best I have seen in Virginia this year, regardless of classification!
Respect. That's all we was trying to say. The offense still dominated with 2nd string qb. Early did a fantastic job. Great job by Heritage because they didn't quit at all.

Reactions: VolNation85
And the defense return 8 starters. Offense return 7 starters. I hope to see a Phoebus vs Dinwiddie matchup next year since they want all the smoke but good luck Generals in your title game this year.

Reactions: VolNation85
And the defense return 8 starters. Offense return 7 starters. I hope to see a Phoebus vs Dinwiddie matchup next year since they want all the smoke but good luck Generals in your title game this year.
Haven’t the Generals been going up against East Region teams since the 2000 finals? They also had this monster team that won the title and was not going to get beat but I am pretty sure Phoebus and Dinwiddie would be renewing any potential meeting. 37-13 D5 title game Then that heart wrenching, absolutely heart crushing 21-13 4th quarter comeback for #44 in a row for Phoebus that sent the General faithful headed for the gates. The stage is set. All that is left is for the football Gods to set it up.

Reactions: General172011
I know 5 and 70 were seniors on D. Who was the other one?

I know the should-be VA POY is off to Pitt but how many from the DL returning? If McMullin (I may have his name wrong, the DT) & Reddick return they will dominate again.

I know the should-be VA POY is off to Pitt but how many from the DL returning? If McMullin (I may have his name wrong, the DT) & Reddick return they will dominate again.
McMullin is the only DL graduating. Jordan Bass is that dude. He can take over any game. Great year for him. Reddick is a Jr.

Reactions: Friction.
The back up QB - Jaden Early. He played cornerback. They will be loaded again next year. Phoebus is full of mostly soph and a few juniors.
That's what's up. I like #11 a lot too! He has all of the tools to be a big time recruit too!

Phoebus just had too much for the Pioneers and many of their opponents in 3A, the same way John Marshall does in 2A hoops.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT