ADVERTISEMENT

Phoebus Vs Maury scrimmage is telling A LOT

Phoebus Fan

VaPreps All Region
Jul 12, 2003
Phoebus need work if they’re going to even come close to 3peating.

Maury is up 13-0 at half and Phoebus offense can’t get going and the punt team has given Maury three short fields and they hit 2 field goals.

I’m confused though. They are allowing QBs to run but they’re not live. Its definitely effecting the play of the game.

Maury is up 13-0 at half and Phoebus offense can’t get going and the punt team has given Maury three short fields and they hit 2 field goals.

I’m confused though. They are allowing QBs to run but they’re not live. Its definitely effecting the play of the game.
They are live BUT touch only!

Maury is a very good squad plus it's that time of year. Coaches are finding holes and creating depth. Relax @Phoebus Fan your young men will be just fine. The Phantoms will own Region A.

Reactions: General172011
Maury is a very good squad plus it's that time of year. Coaches are finding holes and creating depth. Relax @Phoebus Fan your young men will be just fine. The Phantoms will own Region A.
Nah it was some bad football we don’t accept at Phoebus. I’ll give Maury their props because they have the team to win it all but Phoebus looked very bad on offense and has to get the QB position figured out.

Then to top it off it’s a 10 mile backup to get home! Season is 15 days away though….i expect a different team September 1

Have faith brother. The Phantoms will not play another team in the regular season as talented as the one you played tonight. Besides, your defense can keep you in games until the offense catches up. I just hope we get a shot at you guys in November. 48 hours to kickoff for my Generals.

Last edited:
Nah it was some bad football we don’t accept at Phoebus. I’ll give Maury their props because they have the team to win it all but Phoebus looked very bad on offense and has to get the QB position figured out.

Then to top it off it’s a 10 mile backup to get home! Season is 15 days away though….i expect a different team September 1
Its a scrimmage. They scrimmage a very good team. Maury aint no push over. They are well coached and they have athletes too. No game planning I assume. This gm will help both teams to get ready for the season. You trippin, acting like they just lost a playoff game that count. No one got hurt and they know what they need to work on. Iron sharpens iron.

Have faith brother. The Phantoms will not play another team in the regular season as talented as the one you played tonight. Besides, your defense can keep you in games until the offense catches up. I just hope we get a shot at you guys in November. 48 hours to kickoff for my Generals.
Me too...

Reactions: BleedingNavy

Wow. So now they need work to even come close to 3peating. The season aint even started yet...lol Swallow your pride and be thankful noone got hurt. Maury is just a great team but it was only a scrimmage. You act like Phoebus got blown out like they did at Smith in a real game.

Reactions: OCBoy
I already got my ticket through their online platform. Goodluck.

From what I seen on NFHS the maury defense was looking very fast and aggressive. And I think Phoebus will be ok once they get that offense taken care of.

It may have been 13-0 Maury but by my count Phoebus dropped 3 sure fire pick six’s yeah offense does need to be cleaned up but your defense 😮‍💨. Y’all will be fine, just hoping the stars align in order for us to meet again. But step one for us is less than 43 hours away

Maury is a very good squad plus it's that time of year. Coaches are finding holes and creating depth. Relax Phoebus Fan your young men will be just fine. The Phantoms will own Region A.
I will add to all the comments above that many times the coaches want to see specific plays run to see how they are executed, which kids get the concepts being taught, whittle down the group of six aspiring starting RBs to two or three they can depend on, or see who isn't afraid to get smacked in the mouth. They never open things up since the team is a work in progress.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I will add to all the comments above that many times the coaches want to see specific plays run to see how they are executed, which kids get the concepts being taught, whittle down the group of six aspiring starting RBs to two or three they can depend on, or see who isn't afraid to get smacked in the mouth. They never open things up since the team is a work in progress.
Exactly! I am sure the Phoebus coaching staff may been a bit disappointed and wanted their team to perform better. However, they learned some valuable lessons that will pay off once games count. How many pro teams go unbeaten in the preseason and don't win squat when it's money time. I understand the desire for perfection and seeing some glaring concerns, but I wouldn't lose sleep over losing 13-0 to Maury.

Reactions: falcettik
Ok after further review I don’t need to come on Va Preps fresh off L’s. I watched the film with some coaches this morning and we are fine.

My biggest problem with the scrimmage was the QBs were not live but they were still running. It effected the game play

Lol. Well @Phoebus Fan posting after a loss should not be a problem for you as Phoebus should be in a good position to go 10-0 in the regular season. Warwick and Oscar Smith should be your only test. Go luck to you and the Phantoms.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT