ADVERTISEMENT

Radford on pause

Very sad and heartbreaking to see. The same thing with Ridgeview who is likely the 2nd best team in the M7 behind Central. Union would have had a claim for that 2nd spot, but just watching them both this year, I think Ridgeview was 7-10 pts better than the young Union team. Life isn't always fair, but kids still persevere and it's up to us adults to give em the tools to succeed. Nottoway is similar with Ridgeview and Radford. Nottoway hasn't been talked about much this year, but they have a heck of a team and the best they've been since they played for the state title in 2014ish, and they are likely going to be Covid stricken out of the playoffs. Not to mention, Dan River. Much like the basketball season, there are going to be lots of very tough, possible state title run teams that will not be in the playoffs. Unfortunately, this could happen to any team. It just takes 1 test for a team like Draft, Appo, Graham, etc to have their season end. I hope everyone stays healthy and no other teams are left out.

Reactions: oldfool2
Very sad and heartbreaking to see. The same thing with Ridgeview who is likely the 2nd best team in the M7 behind Central. Union would have had a claim for that 2nd spot, but just watching them both this year, I think Ridgeview was 7-10 pts better than the young Union team. Life isn't always fair, but kids still persevere and it's up to us adults to give em the tools to succeed. Nottoway is similar with Ridgeview and Radford. Nottoway hasn't been talked about much this year, but they have a heck of a team and the best they've been since they played for the state title in 2014ish, and they are likely going to be Covid stricken out of the playoffs. Not to mention, Dan River. Much like the basketball season, there are going to be lots of very tough, possible state title run teams that will not be in the playoffs. Unfortunately, this could happen to any team. It just takes 1 test for a team like Draft, Appo, Graham, etc to have their season end. I hope everyone stays healthy and no other teams are left out.
Not heard anything about Nottaway having covid issues, what is going on there?

Not heard anything about Nottaway having covid issues, what is going on there?

Only played 1 game and their game this weekend also cancelled. Some has been Nottoway, some has been their opponents. All in all, just bad luck for what is a very, very good and talented football team that would have given King Williams all they wanted in that region. Poquoson is another team with Covid issues, only played 2 games, although they aren't as good this year. King William and Nottoway would have likely been the Region A Title Game.

IN MY OPINION! This stop and go or pause is ridiculous. Play or don't play. They should have played in the fall IMO. The yo yo effect is simply insane and not fair to anyone. It seems as if all this season is doing is "appeasing" people that simply wanted little Johnny or Susie to play sports no matter what. There will be and are going to be quality teams that will not be in contention due to these ridiculous restrictions. In the playoffs ONE positive test and you are DONE. That by any measure is ridiculous.

Reactions: Bo Bob
IN MY OPINION! This stop and go or pause is ridiculous. Play or don't play. They should have played in the fall IMO. The yo yo effect is simply insane and not fair to anyone. It seems as if all this season is doing is "appeasing" people that simply wanted little Johnny or Susie to play sports no matter what. There will be and are going to be quality teams that will not be in contention due to these ridiculous restrictions. In the playoffs ONE positive test and you are DONE. That by any measure is ridiculous.
Glad they are playing so I can watch my son in his senior year.
Wish they would have played in the fall for sure but this is better than not playing at all.

Only played 1 game and their game this weekend also cancelled. Some has been Nottoway, some has been their opponents. All in all, just bad luck for what is a very, very good and talented football team that would have given King Williams all they wanted in that region. Poquoson is another team with Covid issues, only played 2 games, although they aren't as good this year. King William and Nottoway would have likely been the Region A Title Game.

They played Cumberland last night, so they have now played 2 games

Only the twins tested positive and one of them dates a volleyball player who had tested positive so Radford starts back on Wed. I don't know if that means they will play Carroll County this week or not. Caused Radford to miss senior night (which they should've done sooner). A win over Carroll might be enough to get Radford in the playoffs if they can pull it off. Call today at 1 to update the players.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Only the twins tested positive and one of them dates a volleyball player who had tested positive so Radford starts back on Wed. I don't know if that means they will play Carroll County this week or not. Caused Radford to miss senior night (which they should've done sooner). A win over Carroll might be enough to get Radford in the playoffs if they can pull it off. Call today at 1 to update the players.
Hey, just so you know, you can’t disclose what specific players tested positive due to HIPAA. Not being the “Preps Patrol” but I’m positive you can get into some trouble for that if the right people press the issue. Not coming down at you, just looking out. Very good post otherwise. Was in Radford yesterday, it’s my second home. Good luck to your Bobcats.

Keep us informed if they will play friday or not. Currently it looks like Radford will make it to playoffs.

No worries. I understand about the privacy concerns. Everyone on the team knows so my assumption it is considered common knowledge at this point. Can't keep a secret in a small town! Radford will start back to practice Wed and the plan is to play Carroll on Saturday. I don't know about a time yet. Radford pushed for a Sat game to allow at least a day or two to prepare. That hasn't come out officially on the schedule so I would guess it could change. Radford will be down three starters.

Glad to hear they are back. Hate to see the kids miss their chance to play.

Hey, just so you know, you can’t disclose what specific players tested positive due to HIPAA. Not being the “Preps Patrol” but I’m positive you can get into some trouble for that if the right people press the issue. Not coming down at you, just looking out. Very good post otherwise. Was in Radford yesterday, it’s my second home. Good luck to your Bobcats.

Just so we are clear, unless the poster works in the healthcare field and gained information to a COVID Test Result from their work, HIPAA doesn't apply. HIPPA is to ensure healthcare workers only access records that are necessary to complete their job.

If I (as a patient) walk into an Emergency Room to get treated and see John Smith in the same ER I can tell whoever I want that John Smith is in the ER. However, if I am a nurse and see John Smith in the ER and I tell someone, that's a HIPPA violation. Although as citizen you can't be punished for HIPAA violations for hearing second hand information, it is a little weird to be telling/talking about someone's medical issues/situations.

While it isn't a HIPPA violation, it is a little inappropriate to talk about who has a failed test, whether it's a small town or not.

Just so we are clear, unless the poster works in the healthcare field and gained information to a COVID Test Result from their work, HIPAA doesn't apply. HIPPA is to ensure healthcare workers only access records that are necessary to complete their job.

If I (as a patient) walk into an Emergency Room to get treated and see John Smith in the same ER I can tell whoever I want that John Smith is in the ER. However, if I am a nurse and see John Smith in the ER and I tell someone, that's a HIPPA violation. Although as citizen you can't be punished for HIPAA violations for hearing second hand information, it is a little weird to be telling/talking about someone's medical issues/situations.

While it isn't a HIPPA violation, it is a little inappropriate to talk about who has a failed test, whether it's a small town or not.
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. I work in the school system so I’m just accustomed to using that terminology.

I'm now told the Carroll game with Radford isn't going to happen but again that could change. It has to be on the Carroll side so I'm not sure why they won't play. The paper said they were trying to find a game and couldn't but now they could play Radford and won't. I'm sure there is more to it than just that. Hopefully Radford can pick up another game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT