ADVERTISEMENT

Radford/vaHigh

I’m glad that Roanoke College has stepped up to take on these big games. Wish Cave Spring & Northside had played there. Hard to get a seat in a small high school gym.

Would be nice if Radford aired it on NFHS. I will say it again..
if it was at RHS gym, it would be, but there is no way to do it a Roanoke College. The youtube channel Bobcat Sports live will have the live audio. There are a couple parents that put it live on Facebook that you could possibly search for.

Radford will lose some fans because of the distance but it is a great gym and we have had some success there.
It’s a pretty easy drive although 81 can be a pain at times, especially on a Friday. I liked the games at Dedmon myself but I like the neutral site games at larger gyms.

So it is official? Radford girls / boys game at Roanoke College.?
yes. tix go on sale Wednesday online at the GoFan site. looks like Radford is allotted 500 and the others two schools get 250 each. If the schools don't sell their allotment then it gets opened to public.

yes. tix go on sale Wednesday online at the GoFan site. looks like Radford is allotted 500 and the others two schools get 250 each. If the schools don't sell their allotment then it gets opened to public.
Are they playing in the small gym? The Cregger Center should be able to hold more than enough people.

Reactions: AntGZee
Are they playing in the small gym? The Cregger Center should be able to hold more than enough people.
no it is Cregger Center. I think those numbers are just for the schools. Radford is sending out a link today for its students and families to buy and what doesn't get sold goes to public allotment on Thursday..

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I’m glad that Roanoke College has stepped up to take on these big games. Wish Cave Spring & Northside had played there. Hard to get a seat in a small high school gym.
I wish Pittsylvania County High School gyms were the size of Cave Spring! Gym expansion should have happen when they did the school renovations back in the late 2000s.

I wish Pittsylvania County High School gyms were the size of Cave Spring! Gym expansion should have happen when they did the school renovations back in the late 2000s.
I feel like the Pittsylvania County gyms may have actually gotten smaller when they were renovated.

Cregger seats 2500 I think so I’m thinking they selling more than 500
They are not allowed to seat more than that, unless the VHSL changed the rules. The VHSL is allowing 500 tickets sold per game, with 250 going to the home team and 250 going to the away team. The reason Radford gets 500 and there is a total of 1000 tickets sold is because there are 2 games, so even if the public demand was 2,500, they are not going to let more than 1000 in the gym.

If Radford vs Va High boys was the only game being played that day in that gym, then according to the VSHL, only 500 people would be allowed in, 250 from Radford, 250 from Va High, and lets say a total of only 300 tickets sold, the remaining 200, and only 200 would go to the public.

Thanks VHSL. The "500" total rule is what I was told by a Radford administrator. I don't know if the VHSL still has this rule in place, but I'm not sure.

Reactions: toughy299
They are not allowed to seat more than that, unless the VHSL changed the rules. The VHSL is allowing 500 tickets sold per game, with 250 going to the home team and 250 going to the away team. The reason Radford gets 500 and there is a total of 1000 tickets sold is because there are 2 games, so even if the public demand was 2,500, they are not going to let more than 1000 in the gym.

If Radford vs Va High boys was the only game being played that day in that gym, then according to the VSHL, only 500 people would be allowed in, 250 from Radford, 250 from Va High, and lets say a total of only 300 tickets sold, the remaining 200, and only 200 would go to the public.

Thanks VHSL. The "500" total rule is what I was told by a Radford administrator. I don't know if the VHSL still has this rule in place, but I'm not sure.
I think that 500 rule went out with mandates.

I certainly hope so. They didn't have any limits for regionals. Why start now. A lot of places are relaxing mask requirements. I will continue to wear mine. It's only a minor inconvenience for me.

Reactions: toughy299
Anyway, y'all keep us posted on the skinny. I would certainly like to come up from Martinsville to see both games.

I certainly hope so. They didn't have any limits for regionals. Why start now. A lot of places are relaxing mask requirements. I will continue to wear mine. It's only a minor inconvenience for
Anyway, y'all keep us posted on the skinny. I would certainly like to come up from Martinsville to see both
Anyway, y'all keep us posted on the skinny. I would certainly like to come up from Martinsville to see both games.
Ant go to the Gofan/page/ app or whatever it is at 3:00 tomorrow and look for tickets, I think they should be available online unless they sell out

Reactions: AntGZee
That app isn't working for me. Is there any other way to get a ticket online?

I was trying to go see Radford. If I can get the Go fan app to work.

Last edited:
I was trying to go see Radford. I can get the Go fan app to work.
I was testing the app the day before tix went on sale and couldn't get it to work at all. I deleted it and tried to reinstall but the ones in the android store didn't look right to me so I just let it go.

I actually pulled it in to the web and purchased my ticket that way. I have my ticket saved in my email. I was charged an addition $1.50, for a service charge. I'm looking 4ward to both games tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT