ADVERTISEMENT

Radford vs Glenvar Wow what a game!!!!

BCKnights

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 25, 2013
Just watched this game on NFHS and man what a game it was. Back and forth haymakers but Glenvar scored on a 1 yard td pass on 4th and goal with no time left to play. Great 2 min drive for Glenvar. Great game!

I watch this game too and I have to say I was not impressed with either one of them I thought Radford was a whole lot better and Glenvar was definitely the better team tonight Radford is lucky they won last week not so sure they hold on to the top spot in region c . The martinsville game next week could put them in that 1 spot if they beat Bassett! Could be a shake up coming in the ratings this week , see Floyd lost to Alleghany . WOW it’s getting crazy !

Last edited:
I think the Cats are the best of the bunch in the region this year. You guys know I'm objective and I would be quick to say otherwise, if I felt this way. BUT, I warned that we are not so good that we can't lose. Said this earlier and will say it again. Appo, Martinsville, Glenvar, and even Floyd can beat Radford. I think Appo and Glenvar especially. I give the edge to the Bobcats in the playoffs, but it's really 5 teams that can win the region. I favor Radford BARELY over Appo and Glenvar and by 7 to 10 pts over Martinsville and Floyd in the playoffs. Barely and 7 to 10 pts is Nothing in HS Football. That means it's anyone's game.

I think the Cats are the best of the bunch in the region this year. You guys know I'm objective and I would be quick to say otherwise, if I felt this way. BUT, I warned that we are not so good that we can't lose. Said this earlier and will say it again. Appo, Martinsville, Glenvar, and even Floyd can beat Radford. I think Appo and Glenvar especially. I give the edge to the Bobcats in the playoffs, but it's really 5 teams that can win the region. I favor Radford BARELY over Appo and Glenvar and by 7 to 10 pts over Martinsville and Floyd in the playoffs. Barely and 7 to 10 pts is Nothing in HS Football. That means it's anyone

It's Appo's to lose now. Nobody has got anything for them.
What Appo team are you looking at? Appo is very down this year and only a shell of itself. Appo will be lucky to make it thru the first round of playoffs. I really have no clue how well Alleghany matches up with Appo i need to watch them some to get an idea.

• Haha
Reactions: AnyGivenFriday1969
No surprise to me if Appo were to advance out of Region C. To be the man, you've got to beat the man, and Appo is still the Region Champs and IF Appo loses in the region playoffs, it will be close. It will not be a blowout. With Appo, Martinsville, Glenvar, Radford and Floyd, however those 5 turn out, the games will be close and competitive.

I think the Cats are the best of the bunch in the region this year. You guys know I'm objective and I would be quick to say otherwise, if I felt this way. BUT, I warned that we are not so good that we can't lose. Said this earlier and will say it again. Appo, Martinsville, Glenvar, and even Floyd can beat Radford. I think Appo and Glenvar especially. I give the edge to the Bobcats in the playoffs, but it's really 5 teams that can win the region. I favor Radford BARELY over Appo and Glenvar and by 7 to 10 pts over Martinsville and Floyd in the playoffs. Barely and 7 to 10 pts is Nothing in HS Football. That means it's anyone's game.
Based on the overall season and the athletes on Radford's team, I agree with you. Radford is the team to beat.

Having said that, I don't think last night was just a fluke; Glenvar just got lucky; or Radford wasn't ready. Glenvar has been dealing with injuries galore to key players and finally getting them back. If Radford and Glenvar play again, it will be another close one.

What Appo team are you looking at? Appo is very down this year and only a shell of itself. Appo will be lucky to make it thru the first round of playoffs. I really have no clue how well Alleghany matches up with Appo i need to watch them some to get an idea.
They are not "very down".... You have been spreading this nonsense all year.

Reactions: Stabler1980
No surprise to me if Appo were to advance out of Region C. To be the man, you've got to beat the man, and Appo is still the Region Champs and IF Appo loses in the region playoffs, it will be close. It will not be a blowout. With Appo, Martinsville, Glenvar, Radford and Floyd, however those 5 turn out, the games will be close and competitive.
Guess you could also throw Alleghany in there after what they did to Floyd last week. Anyone in top six could be good games. Seven and eight will be warm up games for whoever gets them.

Unless I'm wrong (and Hawk you're the one who would know) it would appear the Appomattox would host Alleghany for the first game. Correct?

Are they big? Power running? Beat you with speed and throwing the ball?
Whats the scoop on them?

Reactions: oldfool2
Unless I'm wrong (and Hawk you're the one who would know) it would appear the Appomattox would host Alleghany for the first game. Correct?

Are they big? Power running? Beat you with speed and throwing the ball?
Whats the scoop on them?
Sorry Bo Bob been working long hours this week. Yes Appo they way I have it would host Alleghany. Before Glenvar won that's what I had but Alleghany upset Floyd also so looks like they were determined to go to Appo. Lol I watched a little of their game against James River and seems they mix it up a little bit run mostly but not always in a typical power formation. Nothing really stuck out to me but they upset Floyd so they have some fight in them. Seems they knocked off some good teams but lost to some seems they should have beat so who knows. Personally still don't think they going be able to handle Appo especially at Appo. Appo definitely faster from what I could tell.

Sorry Bo Bob been working long hours this week. Yes Appo they way I have it would host Alleghany. Before Glenvar won that's what I had but Alleghany upset Floyd also so looks like they were determined to go to Appo. Lol I watched a little of their game against James River and seems they mix it up a little bit run mostly but not always in a typical power formation. Nothing really stuck out to me but they upset Floyd so they have some fight in them. Seems they knocked off some good teams but lost to some seems they should have beat so who knows. Personally still don't think they going be able to handle Appo especially at Appo. Appo definitely faster from what I could tell.
Thanks!!! Looks like they will be coming off their buy week as well so it may come down to who is the least rusty in getting the game started.

Appreciate what you do in keeping all of us up to date on how the playoffs shake out.

Reactions: Fairlawncat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT