ADVERTISEMENT

Rapp @ Essex

RappriverEHS

VaPreps Rookie
Jan 20, 2017
Thoughts? Huge game this week. If Rapp wins they claim the district title so the pressure has to be on them. I got Essex winning by a couple touchdowns. It will be close until half and then Essex offense will wear down the raiders defense.

In my opinion Essex since the 2000s has the moniker of being a finesse highlight reel program, give or take it has cost them some titles at the States. Due to not being able to execute the normal Essex juggernaut offense this year , Essex has started to embrace the strengths of the personnel of this year team which is more suited for power downhill football offensively, if the Trojans stay the course of riding there all State Rb and D1 recruit they could and should see a rematch with Franklin in Region A. If the coaching of Essex fully embrace this concept it will give them a good shot of winning Friday, then surviving Region A then setting up a rematch with the Big Red Machine. Essex by then shoud be able to sprinkle some of that passing game in to get a shot to go to Salem.

Essex 30 Rappahanock 22

In my opinion Essex since the 2000s has the moniker of being a finesse highlight reel program, give or take it has cost them some titles at the States. Due to not being able to execute the normal Essex juggernaut offense this year , Essex has started to embrace the strengths of the personnel of this year team which is more suited for power downhill football offensively, if the Trojans stay the course of riding there all State Rb and D1 recruit they could and should see a rematch with Franklin in Region A. If the coaching of Essex fully embrace this concept it will give them a good shot of winning Friday, then surviving Region A then setting up a rematch with the Big Red Machine. Essex by then shoud be able to sprinkle some of that passing game in to get a shot to go to Salem.

Essex 30 Rappahanock 22

Excellent breakdown. I know when I saw them play vs. Altavista in the 2014 State Title it was surprising to me just how big Essex was on the line, yet they never ran plays that allowed that line to get physical.

Reactions: trutiger16
Excellent breakdown. I know when I saw them play vs. Altavista in the 2014 State Title it was surprising to me just how big Essex was on the line, yet they never ran plays that allowed that line to get physical.
That program has always had baby bulls that they ignore to utilize, until know.

Reactions: mmqp
That program has always had baby bulls that they ignore to utilize, until know.

They were HUGE that year I know. Running backs and all but they ran some sort of odd looking double wing or something to that effect.

Essex 30 Rappahanock 22

tutiger16, I enjoy your thoughts and analysis. I may not always agree with it all but I like reading it.

Hey, as long as you are not arguing back and forth with the Riverheads folks, you are a chill dude lol.

Reactions: trutiger16 and mmqp
They were HUGE that year I know. Running backs and all but they ran some sort of odd looking double wing or something to that effect.

True info - Essex and the Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula grow them bigger and taller than the rest of the state (on average).

I have had medical personnel (who do not care about sports) tell me that they are shocked how many of the kids around this area are above and sometimes way above the average size and height for Virginia.

Essex is big again this year as well.

Reactions: trutiger16 and mmqp
I was shocked at the size of Rappahannock's team. Those boys hit some growth spurts or something over the summer because they were much bigger than the last time they played Northumberland. The crazy thing is most of their big boys are underclassmen and still have time to grow more.

Reactions: Red_phx82 and mmqp
tutiger16, I enjoy your thoughts and analysis. I may not always agree with it all but I like reading it.

Hey, as long as you are not arguing back and forth with the Riverheads folks, you are a chill dude lol.
Thanks uvacavs1 we all are football crazy and share our passion for programs you continue to stand up for your Indians never waiver. As for Riverheads im quite sure we will argue some more but I have nothing but respect for them, actually I hope to get to meet them next year in Sussex as my Tigers Rep Region B.

Reactions: mmqp and uvacavs1
I just don't see that happening especially essex playing at home. If rapp does win it will be close, but I could be wrong.

Its not the size of the dog(player) in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog(player). But the handler (coach) has to put them in a postion the be successful you take programs like franklin, sussex, and Southampton with the power I and the veer its not pretty but it always work.

@uvacavs1 must be something in the water around here.[/Q
Its not the size of the dog(player) in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog(player). But the handler (coach) has to put them in a postion the be successful you take programs like franklin, sussex, and Southampton with the power I and the veer its not pretty but it always work.
After Sussex season finale im pulling for Broncos to Win State.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT