ADVERTISEMENT

Rd.2 Woodgrove (10-1) vs. Sherando (9-1)

Who wins?

• Woodgrove

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Sherando

Votes: 24 63.2%

• Total voters
This was exactly the difference in the game , the QB for Woodgrove was good on his feet and ran well. Sherando shut down the running backs of Woodgrove.

I concur with you and the other folks.
QB Kovich is the difference this year compared to prior Woodgrove teams.

The team that can stop the running of Kovich and Klewis is the team that beats Woodgrove.
Most teams key on Klewis and Kovich burns them. Kovich is one tough SOB for a QB! He has been hit so many times this year and keeps getting up. It concerns me that he has taken such punishment.
I think Kovich's passes were slightly off Friday night; if he connects on some of those bombs this game could have been over at halftime.
The defense was not able to get to the Sherando QB in the first half and the tackling was not as good. Thankfully the Defense picked up the QB pressure and tackling after the break.
Now that the playoffs are here more of the Woodgrove players are going both ways. We have a deep bench but Coach Skinner is not taking any chances. A couple of the lads are gimpy and one of our DE had to sit out the game due to Mono; his replacement did a stellar job of "holding the rope"!

Let's Roll Wolverines!!!!

After seeing Sherando several times this year , and now Woodgrove , I don't feel either team is or was the caliber of team to challenge the East if they would win West final. If Woodgrove is the best team in the West , they will have a tough time against any team that represents the East. I haven't seen Salem , however I feel the 4A west is weaker than the last two years.

After seeing Sherando several times this year , and now Woodgrove , I don't feel either team is or was the caliber of team to challenge the East if they would win West final. If Woodgrove is the best team in the West , they will have a tough time against any team that represents the East. I haven't seen Salem , however I feel the 4A west is weaker than the last two years.
I agree. I'm not sure if WG pass offense is enough if they get down. Also Sherando had success against their pass defense in second half for long TD passes. Basically both teams were replicas but WG took advantage of opportunities while Sherando had two back to back possessions inside the 10 yd line and came out with zero points. Don't get me wrong WG is very well coached but not enough athletes to win the whole thing in my opinion.

Reactions: Smallfry2015
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT