ADVERTISEMENT

Redskins name is being retired

Slur's only hurt the mentally weak!! Like I said earlier, most people on here never played football because if you did you would be mentally tougher and not pink and wet!! Toughen up America!! Generations of strong, tough people made this country the strongest and best country on earth. Now we are raising pussies!! Yes I said it because it needed to be said. The Pittsburgh Steelers are called the Steelers in honor of all the steel mill workers in western Pennsylvania. It is a show of respect to them. There not called the Pittsburgh Pussies are they? I feel that the Washington Redskins are the same in that it is a show of respect toward Native Americans.

Reactions: Rev_Real
I'm sorry if I realized you're a racist and decided not to argue with you. This is what you do when you're losing control of your racist beliefs. Now those are facts.
Ahh, I'm racist because I posted facts that you can't refute and make you uncomfortable. You have no intellectual honesty/integrity at all if this is where you go when you get challenged.

I train young black men that are trying to play college football and I do it FOR FREE. I have two black nephews that I have helped raise/teach/train and I have been best man in two different weddings of black friends. I am doing a terrible job at being a racist.

Also, the idea that anyone who criticizes BLM is racist is completely absurd. In this very thread, a black man has also criticized the organization... there are plenty of reasons why it should be scrutinized.

Ahh, I'm racist because I posted facts that you can't refute and make you uncomfortable. You have no intellectual honesty/integrity at all if this is where you go when you get challenged.

I train young black men that are trying to play college football and I do it FOR FREE. I have two black nephews that I have helped raise/teach/train and I have been best man in two different weddings of black friends. I am doing a terrible job at being a racist.

Also, the idea that anyone who criticizes BLM is racist is completely absurd. In this very thread, a black man has also criticized the organization... there are plenty of reasons why it should be scrutinized.
Appreciate all you do brother.

If you really believe the BLM organization is really for us, search “Devon McNeal BLM” on Twitter. He is the 11 year old boy murdered in DC while watching fireworks. Try Secoriea Turner, Natalia Wallace, or Royta Giles.. These are babies man. 7 & 8 year old babies. Where’s BLM? Where’s the uproar and fight? NOTHING, NOT A PEEP.

Saw this on Twitter and I watch it just about everyday now. Very very powerful.

Spoken like a true biggot. The more you talk the more you prove me correct.

Spoken like a true biggot. The more you talk the more you prove me correct.
A 'bigot' is someone who is intolerant of people having different opinions... which is exactly what you are doing here. What did I say in the quote you are responding to that fits this definition in any way?

You clearly don't know what the word means... or even how to spell it.

Man, this bunch seriously blacklisted my account on Friday. If you're wondering why 1morehokie has been a little more mouthy in recent days. I see he has another clinger-on who is getting out of line as well. Same 4 or 5 squeaky wheels doing all the squeaking as always.

A 'bigot' is someone who is intolerant of people having different opinions... which is exactly what you are doing here. What did I say in the quote you are responding to that fits this definition in any way?

You clearly don't know what the word means... or even how to spell it.
Ok I surrender I'm done lol

This is the time we’re living in. Apparently, this has been a huge controversy since 92, way before my time, so kuddos to their organization for making the change. Call them the Washington Veterans to honor all American heroes, including my father, who served in the military. White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, Latin.. All for one and one for all!
Post of year worthy

How about they change the name of the Skins, to the Bruins in honor of the greatest sports program in the state of Va. :p:p:eek::eek::):););) Stay safe out there , elbow bump to you all .
"Teach Your Children"

You, who are on the road,
Must have a code
That you can live by.
And so become yourself
Because the past is just a goodbye.

Teach your children well.
Their father's hell
Did slowly go by.
And feed them on your dreams.
The one they pick's the one you'll know by.

Don't you ever ask them, "Why?"
If they told you, you would cry.
So, just look at them and sigh,
And know they love you.

[Verse in the background:]
Can you hear and do you care
And can't you see
We must be free
To teach your children
What you believe in,
Make a world that we can live in?

And you, of tender years,
Can't know the fears
That your elders grew by.
And so please help them with your youth.
They seek the truth
Before they can die.

Teach your parents well.
Their children's hell
Will slowly go by.
And feed them on your dreams.
The one they pick's the one you'll know by.

Don't you ever ask them, "Why?"
If they told you, you would cry.
So, just look at them and sigh
And know they love you

Shabutie calling you a racists without really knowing you was wrong. You might be a butthole lol, but not a racist. I apologize. Thanks.

Reactions: gwb16 and Shabutie
I was thinking Warriors also.

Yep, simple name and can encompass every tribe from every continent along with the military. They could definitely play up the military side of it and get in the good graces of a large chunk of the population real quick.

Reactions: aw19752
I guess they could go crazy and choose the Buckskins.. their minor league affiliate in Roanoke back in the late 60's.. Here they are playing at old Victory Stadium. RIP :(

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
I knew this thread would go off the rails :(
safe_image.php

BTW: speaking of changing names; last night the Hanover County voted 4-3 to change the name of the Lee-Davis High School Confederates.
I never thought I would see that in my lifetime.
2020 y'all!!!

I knew this thread would go off the rails :(
safe_image.php

BTW: speaking of changing names; last night the Hanover County voted 4-3 to change the name of the Lee-Davis High School Confederates.
I never thought I would see that in my lifetime.
2020 y'all!!!
Good call by Hanover. Schools should be named after their jurisdiction anyway. East Hanover High School or Mechanicsville High School would get my vote.

Richmond,VA is a war zone right now. Just last night, a 15 year old shot and killed, 3 year old shot, and a woman sitting on her front porch shot and killed. Praying for better days.

Reactions: LionNation540
Good call by Hanover. Schools should be named after their jurisdiction anyway. East Hanover High School or Mechanicsville High School would get my vote.

Richmond,VA is a war zone right now. Just last night, a 15 year old shot and killed, 3 year old shot, and a woman sitting on her front porch shot and killed. Praying for better days.
I like Mechanicsville High School cuz you know the kids are gonna call themselves "The Ville"

Mechanicsville HS seems right although Atlee & Hanover have Mechanicsville addresses (I think). The school itself gets to choose a new mascot, while the naming of the school is a division-led process. Should be interesting!

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Again, not mad about change, just the way its being done, Target, Amazon, all stopped selling Redskins apparel, even Walmart, YEP Walmart, but yet they sell guns?

You're right protesters are not mad at fans, (for example) I don't think they know who they are mad at, half of the protesters here in the 757 are either not from here, or don't have a clue who any of the people in statues that they knock down are.

With Covid going on, and defund the police, ripping down history in the streets, people really want to bitch and moan about a team nickname, syrup, a T-Shirt that Oak St football coach had on?

Please, I'm not buying it, bigger fish to fry in the country today, then this petty stuff.
I agree that we are becoming the United States of Appeasement, but for God's sake don't bring my beloved guns into the conversation!

Mechanicsville HS seems right although Atlee & Hanover have Mechanicsville addresses (I think). The school itself gets to choose a new mascot, while the naming of the school is a division-led process. Should be interesting!
It’s so weird thinking Hanover and Atlee are considered Mechanicsville. Any real Richmonder wouldn’t consider those areas even close to Mechanicsville lol..Atlee and Hanover are in.. Well Atlee and Hanover lol!!

I always connected each school with the area it’s in.
Varina- Henrico/Varina
HS- HIGHLAND SPRINGS
Herm- Glen Allen/Dumbarton/Henrico
Freeman- Three Chopt/Henrico
Godwin- Tuckahoe/Henrico
Deep Run- Short Pump

It’s always weird seeing those schools’ location classified as Richmond LOL!

They could also go with the Washington RedHeads.. I think we all have had at least one fiesty redhead in our life at one time or another :) And I mean this name jokingly btw, nothing more.

Warriors gets my final vote.

Reactions: gwb16
I teach my students to address & solve issues as they encounter them. I feel like the “bigger fish to fry” argument falls way short of the message I give to my students. There are always bigger fish to fry in most situations. I don’t think rectifying this issue takes away from ANYONE’s ability to address larger issues that are more meaningful.
I teach my students to do research and make their own decision.

Reactions: WP02alum
If they use Warriors, will they keep the logo?

Do they need a logo? On the side of their helmet I mean.

Why not just keep the current helmet, minus the logo. And they have some gorgeous throwback unis where they have to just remove the logo from the helmet, ie. the Alex Smith game where he broke his leg :(

The point here being, they walk a fine line of losing their fanbase. And lets face the fact, the crowd who called for this will never ever cheer for them (do these people even watch football?) anyway. So you have to cater to your current fanbase, or what is left of them. Change up the unis too much and you'll lose them. Keep the look as nostalgic as possible.

If they choose to bow to the mob and go with a name like #Resist, or RAGE, or some nonsense like that... forget it, they'll lose their fanbase.

But market the name Warriors just right and they stand to make a highly successful transition. Keep the logo and name as ambiguous as possible.. Have a Veterans celebration day for example. Have a Native celebration day. Sell shirts that celebrate whatever angle you so desire from that name.

Yeah, a retro look with the helmet could be awesome & even profitable as far as apparel sales goes. I don’t think you need to be worried about some sort of “woke” mascot like those you mentioned. FedEx & other major sponsors aren’t asking for that.

Reactions: mmqp 2.0
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT