ADVERTISEMENT

Redskins name is being retired

Why would they take Arthur Ashe's statue down? Did I miss something?
Ashe's family requested to have it taken down, out of fear that it would be defaced in retaliation.

I've kind moved to the center of things now. Remove them all. Someone, somewhere is going to gripe, complain, be offended. Take them all down. We can't have nice things. ONE is the the new majority. ONE offended individual now speaks for 330 million people. Just remove all idols. But.....what's next? Someone will start burning or defacing other objects.

Doesn't matter at this point what the politicians or leaders agree to do, it's not going to be enough. The attacks will continue. The mayhem has started. It won't stop here.

Last edited:
I'm going to toss this into the mix...because I can....because I feel like it's relatable.
I grew up in King William County. Large African American community. Larger Native American Community. Mattaponi and Pamunkey Indians...VAST majority HUGE Redskin fans....not why I'm posting, just a side bar. And I have a HUGE chunk of Cherokee Indian in me...and a lifetime un-offended Redskins fan.

Just recently, had a long discussion with some old friends....growing up in KW years ago and attending HS during the early and mid 80's...we never experienced any form of racism. We all agreed that it was probably due to living in that rural "bubble". And internet and social media was unheard of, we all know it existed. It just didn't exist in our community....at least not in our world. We were silly kids, that loved and respected each each other. Unconditionally.

Anyway...my point here is....I'm white...I can empathize with the BLM movement. Why? Because I have never walked the streets of this country in brown skin. I DON'T KNOW what it feels like to be stared down by a police officer or another citizen because of the color of my skin. I don't know. And I refuse to sell their movement short because I don't understand. BUT....quit with the riots. They're losing me there. Quit with the violence. You want to keep me interested? Do it the right way. Peacefully.

<<Stepping off of soapbox>>

Everyone have a safe weekend....I'm out....
Washington should keep a name with an R, so the helmets can have that big script R that they use on the throwback uni's....

all of sudden the name change is old news
and is child's play compared to what is to come
folks are being asked to leave immediately
and this is beginning to smell like Richardson @Carolina.
If so look for new ownership in Ole DC.

The Nats are Washington’s only hope! I feel bad for their whole city. It’s crazy to think that that place is our nation’s capital.

Reactions: gwb16
BTW.. I only know about the Kastles because the first year I lived here, the local sports channel replayed their "fantastic, championship" season in review over and over and over. I never even knew there was a tennis league until I moved here.

all of sudden the name change is old news
and is child's play compared to what is to come
folks are being asked to leave immediately
and this is beginning to smell like Richardson @Carolina.
If so look for new ownership in Ole DC.
I've been praying for a new owner for years.
Not particularly happy that it's coming about this way, if it does, but good riddance. The NFL's weak stance on suspensions of players beating on women.....might not lead to an ownership change. The elite play by a different set of rules, money talks, BS walks...guess we will see soon enough.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
love how everyone hops on the bandwagon of almost 100 years of this name smh
rev I agree but in the end I don't really care. I wont watch them ever again. oh and so you know it I'm 1/3 Cherokee and it didn't bother me in the least so I cant understand why it bothers so many non native americans. there are more important things in life to worry about.

It’s like you’re not following. I’m going to paraphrase for brevity.

You said: Name shouldn’t change. There are bigger fish to fry.

I said: Name should change. It’s a slur. Why not fry all the fish that need frying

You said: It’s hard to keep track of what’s ok or not. (<-something I understand & agree with) BUT YOU FOLLOWED UP WITH: I’m just one man sir.

So my response about “what are you doing to take your time away from those larger issues” is in direct response to those statements. Sorry for misunderstanding, but your “I’m just one man sir” comment makes me think you’re trying to affect larger change, but can’t due to this pro team in DC changing their name. Can you see my logic?

Who should be frying the bigger fish instead of this smaller one? Are you saying they should change their priorities? And what would you propose they focus on?
wow some how I missed the fish fry......thanks a lot.

Reactions: WP02alum
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT