ADVERTISEMENT

Region 4B thoughts after week 4 (updated after week 5)

Snyder is a great runner, but he's not going to break 100 tackles a game against the 4B teams like Bell did. Plus Bell had more help around him in the running game than Snyder currently does. Teams had to pick their poison of stopping Bell or Whalen every play. Hopefully Monacan gets healthy before the playoffs so everyone can see their true potential and running game. As for passing, junior Noah Robinson is a D1 caliber WR/DB and Jarett Hunter was already one of the top DBs in the state last year as a sophomore. They can both run and leap with the best of them. Junior Alex Washington is also making a name for himself at DB. Any team will have to find a Louisa DB to pick on and get rid of the ball quickly, because Louisa brings lots of pressure every single play, and they move the DBs around a lot. They all have made good open field tackles too, so quick/bubble screens and one-on-one passes to the flats are one of the last things I'm worried about.

@anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b, Louisa is a very sound team and I know quite a bit about Louisa player. Tell Rico I said to keep it real! His son is nasty good. Im not a fence wanna be and video guru like some. Live is my thing and I have 3 state rings (coaching) to prove it. Take this to the bank. Manchester would destroy Louisa. With or without B. Smith. No way you stop Clarke on offense and Beamon on D. Hunter and your qb would get squashed. Believe what you want Monacan wins 4b.
Preseason I thought Monacan would win 4B too and still think it’s possible

I agree with everyone to some degree on this stuff. I agree with LancerDad that last year was an aberration and historically "x" teams are better than the class 4 squads. I agree with Anon that some of the 4a teams last year would have maybe beat HSHS and other powers etc. I do think on a normal season that is not the case. Posters get enthusiastic about their squads and I have no problem with that at all. I expect everyone to lean towards their own teams and encourage it.

As for Monacan, we certainly could win region B but we need to play clean football and continue to improve to make that come to fruition.

Agree that collectively at the top 4B was a little better last year but we are still in for a wild ride. It might be better this year 5-8.

I do have a Dominion bias, Richmond bias, 804 bias, 4B bias, and Eastern bias.... but I try not to let it get in the way of my logic in most cases. Will def be rooting for Manchester in class 6 to go all the way after they took us to the wood shed.

Snyder is a great runner, but he's not going to break 100 tackles a game against the 4B teams like Bell did. Plus Bell had more help around him in the running game than Snyder currently does. Teams had to pick their poison of stopping Bell or Whalen every play. Hopefully Monacan gets healthy before the playoffs so everyone can see their true potential and running game. As for passing, junior Noah Robinson is a D1 caliber WR/DB and Jarett Hunter was already one of the top DBs in the state last year as a sophomore. They can both run and leap with the best of them. Junior Alex Washington is also making a name for himself at DB. Any team will have to find a Louisa DB to pick on and get rid of the ball quickly, because Louisa brings lots of pressure every single play, and they move the DBs around a lot. They all have made good open field tackles too, so quick/bubble screens and one-on-one passes to the flats are one of the last things I'm worried about.

We don't really run a ton of screens like normal years... We are a vertical passing team. We just couldn't do that against Manchester bc Beamon and company were able to harass Snyder. It is hard to guard a good passing team in HS period even with great corners. But each team presents a match up problem in its own right, at the top of the region. We are in for some great match ups.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Agreed, I left the vertical passing part out because that's what I'm more worried about, haha. But that's what I meant about finding a DB to pick on.

Reactions: mbonape1
I do have a Dominion bias, Richmond bias, 804 bias, 4B bias, and Eastern bias.... but I try not to let it get in the way of my logic in most cases.
That's why I'm glad you're here. Most RVA fans in general don't have an open mind like you do, and you've made an effort to see teams in the outside world and give fair analyses. Many folks can say they've seen such and such, but I can usually tell if they're being honest or not because their opinions blatantly don't match the true product on the field, and always talk about "weak schedules" which is the fallback argument I've heard a thousand times in my young life. If you're good, you're good, regardless of what your opponents are doing, and it's hard to predict how good teams will be two years in advance when you schedule. I was excited when learning we'd start playing Chancellor, might as well had kept Sherando or Spotsylvania instead, they would be helping with power points more right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: OCBoy
Do Louisa have an chance of passing EV in points if both win out
I hoped an expert would reply by now, but as a wild guess, I don't think so. Both teams have four common opponents, which hurts Louisa since they're already behind EV. EV would have to lose a game. Monacan will probably outpoint both teams if they win out. Again, just a wild guess, mostly based on how last year played out.

I hoped an expert would reply by now, but as a wild guess, I don't think so. Both teams have four common opponents, which hurts Louisa since they're already behind EV. EV would have to lose a game. Monacan will probably outpoint both teams if they win out. Again, just a wild guess, mostly based on how last year played out.
I think it will be just like last year except flip EV and Louisa this year....
1. Dinwiddie
2. Monacan
3. EV
4. Louisa

So Monacan can lay the wood? EV needs to play that second round at home if they want any chances to win
I don't think they would have any issue with going to Monacan per se. I can think of tougher atmospheres to play in.

That's why I'm glad you're here. Most RVA fans in general don't have an open mind like you do, and you've made an effort to see teams in the outside world and give fair analyses. Many folks can say they've seen such and such, but I can usually tell if they're being honest or not because their opinions blatantly don't match the true product on the field, and always talk about "weak schedules" which is the fallback argument I've heard a thousand times in my young life. If you're good, you're good, regardless of what your opponents are doing, and it's hard to predict how good teams will be two years in advance when you schedule. I was excited when learning we'd start playing Chancellor, might as well had kept Sherando or Spotsylvania instead.
That's why I'm glad you're here. Most RVA fans in general don't have an open mind like you do, and you've made an effort to see teams in the outside world and give fair analyses. Many folks can say they've seen such and such, but I can usually tell if they're being honest or not because their opinions blatantly don't match the true product on the field, and always talk about "weak schedules" which is the fallback argument I've heard a thousand times in my young life. If you're good, you're good, regardless of what your opponents are doing, and it's hard to predict how good teams will be two years in advance when you schedule. I was excited when learning we'd start playing Chancellor, might as well had kept Sherando or Spotsylvania instead.
Wow always disrespectful to Sherando , if I read that right.

I don't think they would have any issue with going to Monacan per se. I can think of tougher atmospheres to play in.
Not just @ Monacan I’m saying in general, EV needs that second round game to be at home to help give them that edge

I don't agree with the "young secondary" logic. You're either real good or you're not real good. EV's secondary was better last year...period. They are still pretty good this year. A QB won't exploit them....a real good receiver will though.
Guys the advantage Monacan has is they have a very physical (running) qb. Now.that they have their rb healthy you will see them pound the rock. When the defense pushes up to defend the run they will be forced to cover the edge man to man. Louisa, Dinwiddie, and EV's young defensive backs will struggle to defend on an island. Who does EV and Louisa play with a legitimate throwing qb that makes them defend 1v1. Zip, 0, none. Dinwiddie has faced it, but have struggled to defend theblong pass. Edge Monacan.

LOL, please stick around you're hilarious. It's that hard to say who you played for huh, it's a big mystery? I pretty much know now, though. Louisa was literally on that level last year, I think they proved it in the region. LT was on that same level in 2015 and lost to Salem, a little ol' 4A team outside of RVA and the 757 CONSISTENTLY ABOVE THAT LEVEL WITH 9 TITLES! We'd have one by now if we were 5A. Louisa has done a good job over the years of proving so-called coaches in the area wrong, so it wouldn't hurt to do it again. Hell I'm just a little ol' bleacher fan (I don't dwell by the fence thank you) and have proven coaches wrong. Yeah, discussion over.
Guys its been fun, but its time to go. I didnt realize preps has a new policy that keeps non subscribers from posting much. I get it, but reading bs messages like the one above aint worth the $10.00 a month. @anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b do you realize how ignorant you sound. 1. "Louisa would have a title by now if they played in 5a. Really? Who would you have beaten in the last 10 years Einstein? 2. Do you own this site? Why am I obligated to tell you who I played for or coached for fool. Since you must know Bird and a small little private school named Dematha. Played at a power 5 school too, that dont make me special. Unlike you coaching for 12 years makes me very knowledgeable 3. "A bleacher fan that proves coaches wrong". Wow, you good control a game from the stands. That some vodoo mess. Wear a whistle too. Unless you laced up the pads or call plays you have no effect on any game. 4. Got to call you out player. Coach Bedwell spoke with Fisher about you bragging about having hudl highlights on Bird and other rva teams several years ago. He denied giving you access and said you were in no way associated with his program. Found out a Cville coach was doing it. Didnt want to hurt Coach C cause hes a good dude, but if you keep illegally accessing teams videos, bragging about it and posting videos without their permission somebody gone oil you and coach C's tail up. Coach dont have permission to give you access to other teams hudl sites. Thats illegal you know. Hope you got some loot and good lawyer brother.

Mbonape1, we shall see your boys in a few weeks. I will be watching @anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b. Keep it real brother! You got a good team. Enjoy, but sticknto what ya know. Louisa football.

Guys its been fun, but its time to go. I didnt realize preps has a new policy that keeps non subscribers from posting much. I get it, but reading bs messages like the one above aint worth the $10.00 a month. @anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b do you realize how ignorant you sound. 1. "Louisa would have a title by now if they played in 5a. Really? Who would you have beaten in the last 10 years Einstein? 2. Do you own this site? Why am I obligated to tell you who I played for or coached for fool. Since you must know Bird and a small little private school named Dematha. Played at a power 5 school too, that dont make me special. Unlike you coaching for 12 years makes me very knowledgeable 3. "A bleacher fan that proves coaches wrong". Wow, you good control a game from the stands. That some vodoo mess. Wear a whistle too. Unless you laced up the pads or call plays you have no effect on any game. 4. Got to call you out player. Coach Bedwell spoke with Fisher about you bragging about having hudl highlights on Bird and other rva teams several years ago. He denied giving you access and said you were in no way associated with his program. Found out a Cville coach was doing it. Didnt want to hurt Coach C cause hes a good dude, but if you keep illegally accessing teams videos, bragging about it and posting videos without their permission somebody gone oil you and coach C's tail up. Coach dont have permission to give you access to other teams hudl sites. Thats illegal you know. Hope you got some loot and good lawyer brother.

Mbonape1, we shall see your boys in a few weeks. I will be watching @anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b. Keep it real brother! You got a good team. Enjoy, but sticknto what ya know. Louisa football.
Wow interesting. I learned some new things tonight about hudl etc

Guys the advantage Monacan has is they have a very physical (running) qb. Now.that they have their rb healthy you will see them pound the rock. When the defense pushes up to defend the run they will be forced to cover the edge man to man. Louisa, Dinwiddie, and EV's young defensive backs will struggle to defend on an island. Who does EV and Louisa play with a legitimate throwing qb that makes them defend 1v1. Zip, 0, none. Dinwiddie has faced it, but have struggled to defend theblong pass. Edge Monacan.
I agree with you for the most part here but I will say this, EV has a dual threat qb and that EV defense goes full speed against him each day in practice. That in itself makes them a better team within themselves all the way around.

Reactions: LancerDad

Screenshot_20181004-234132_Quick_Pic.jpg

Whoa, way to really spin things there and lie playa. Coach C. has nothing to do with anything. For one, I work in Cville's tech support department with Coach Sherry, we are good buddies. He gave me access, well over a year before Coach C. ever arrived in Cville, and can just as easily take it away. Two, Bird's highlights have always been completely public. Anyone can see their highlights, no Hudl account required, and they're public right now. Three, I have never asked Coach Fischer or anyone from Louisa for a Louisa Hudl account, and have damn sure NEVER "bragged" to anyone about having an account. Four, there are full Bird games on YouTube and I've seen them in person, so anyone with a brain can watch them play. And FYI, Hudl shows what's LIVE too. Again, way to spread lies buddy.

Stop hating, liar. And Rico said he has no clue who you are. And I haven't been a paid subscriber in a long time and have no limit on posts, so that's just another lie. I see where Bird gets their lack of discipline from now. Go troll someone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: one man
Screenshot_20181004-234132_Quick_Pic.jpg

Whoa, way to really spin things there and lie playa. Coach C. has nothing to do with anything. For one, I work in Cville's tech support department with Coach Sherry, we are good buddies. He gave me access, well over a year before Coach C. ever arrived in Cville, and can just as easily take it away. Two, Bird's highlights have always been completely public. Anyone can see their highlights, no Hudl account required, and they're public right now. Three, I have never asked Coach Fischer or anyone from Louisa for a Louisa Hudl account, and have damn sure NEVER "bragged" to anyone about having an account. Four, there are full Bird games on YouTube and I've seen them in person, so anyone with a brain can watch them play. And FYI, Hudl shows what's LIVE too. Again, way to spread lies buddy.
This whole hudl thing has me confused. So teams give other teams access to their hudl accounts? I thought everything was public on hudl I didn’t know it was private. And how can a coach give you access to another teams hudl? Just curious and learning new things...

And on top of that, the only current Louisa coaches I communicate with are the ones I played and graduated with, and that's usually just a "what's up" or "how you been" conversation. I've never been that close with Fischer, nor tried to be. We've had discussions through social media, and that's the most I've communicated with him since I graduated.

Can you clarify who the "Cville Coach" is as well as "Coach C." I'm the only Cville coach with the last name beginning with C and I have absolutely nothing to do with what your talking about. I'm not sure who you are based on the background info you've given, not sure how you would know I'm a good dude. I just want to clear the air so people aren't thinking that I'm this coach in question.

Hoos response post is accurate, he's had access to our hudl for years through his relationship with our head whistle, even before I joined the staff.

Last edited:
Was not speaking of you @one man. In fact, I am sure we have never met. The original incident occurred over three years ago and I typed the incorrect initial. I apologize for any harm I may have caused sir.

So I am a liar @anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b Just like you to run off at the mouth about something you know nothing about. Below is the message I received twice in the past two days.

Bottom of Form

VirginiaPreps.com

HomeForums $(document).ready(function() { if ( $('.breadBoxTop .breadcrumb .crumbs span.crust').length ) { var lastBreadcrumbHref = $('.breadBoxTop .breadcrumb .crumbs span.crust:last-child a').attr('href'); $('.rivals_breadBar .rivals_breadBar_back').click(function(e) { e.preventDefault(); if (window.location.href.indexOf(lastBreadcrumbHref) > -1){ lastBreadcrumbHref = $('.breadBoxTop .breadcrumb .crumbs span.crust:nth-last-child(2) a').attr('href'); if (window.location.href.indexOf(lastBreadcrumbHref) > -1){ window.history.back() } else { window.location = lastBreadcrumbHref; } } else { window.location = lastBreadcrumbHref; } }); } if ( $('.pageNavLinkGroup .linkGroup .callToAction').length ) { var callToActionHref = $('.pageNavLinkGroup .linkGroup .callToAction').attr('href'); $('.rivals_breadBar .rivals_breadBar_add').click(function(e) { e.preventDefault(); window.location = callToActionHref; }); $('.pageNavLinkGroup .linkGroup .callToAction').addClass('rivals_movedToCrumb'); var callToActionText = $('.pageNavLinkGroup .linkGroup .callToAction span').html(); callToActionText = callToActionText.replace('Start a New Conversation', 'New Convo'); $('#rivals_breadBar_addText').html(callToActionText); $('.rivals_breadBar .rivals_breadBar_add').css('display', 'inline'); } });

Back Add

VirginiaPreps.com - Error

As a free user, there is a limit to how many messages you can post at once. Please wait a while and try again or pay for a subscription!

Let me end this by saying I never intended to come on here and attempt destroy you or hurt anyone. We warred several years ago when I used to post as MonarchFan. The sad part is you basically stated that the team I coached (Meadowbrook) was a bunch of thugs. Dude, they were young brothers just like you trying do something good. Did they lack a little discipline sure, but they didn’t need you talking trash about them. Since that time I quit posting, but still read. As a coach some post anger you while others make you think. When I saw you bashing the Dominion, giving your expert opinion about teams from PA and WVA, tearing down Richmond football and then saying “I think I will move Monacan back into the top 4” like it’s a privilege for them to have your stamp of approval I had to call you out.

Many people on here find you entertaining and insightful and that’s good for them. I find you to be a self serving individual who will tear down anybody to prove or attempt to prove your point. You make take pride in this, but you stick man are the reason this site is dry. Look at all the guys you have trashed and attempted to humiliate. Some sadly have quit posting. SpartanofYore, best Salem poster ever, Shantuaclier (I don’t know how to spell it) are two from the past and there are a few more recently. Man, you can’t even remember the web of lies you have told. I remember last year you saying Fisher told you to keep posting on VAPreps and fighting the people who disrespect the lions and now you say you rarely had contact with him. Dude, I see right through you. If you weren’t worried or didn’t feel concerned about my post you wouldn’t be trying to find out who I am and attempting to disprove me. “Rico don’t even know who you are”. Yes, he does and I will reveal myself to him when I see him again. Hell, just saw him. Lol By the way, thanks for the screen shot. You so smart and want to be right you proved my point Coach Quarrels. Yeah right! Whose roster you on?

I will leave you now to the people who believe you or feed into as Michael Baisden would say your cackalacky bs. You may not deserve this rant, but its exactly what people on preps have been wanting and needing to say to you for years. God bless my brother and good luck to Louisa. They are a fine team with or without “Coach Quarrels”. B. Smith is the best player period in the State of Virginia. We will see him on Sundays someday. OCBoy your EV boys gonna do good things just will not beat mbonape1’s boys if those two play. You fellas are good posters. Also want to give a shout out to Blackknight, Catchtds, and the other boys from Lynchburg you make it fun. I will not disturb your little party anymore. Again my bad @one man. Thanks for all you do.

@LancerDad "Let me end this by saying I never intended to come on here and attempt destroy you or hurt anyone." THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU INTENDED. One man and I clearly stated who my account is under, and you still can't comprehend. How are you gonna keep insulting me and can't even spell my name right, when it's clearly posted above? And then you can't get your story straight, and now say you used the wrong initial??? Learn to read, spell and proofread before downing someone. You literally threw another coach under the bus with a made up story, and wanna talk about ME. I have screenshots to disprove everything you have said, but of course you'll read those the wrong way too. Again, I said Fischer and I have had conversations through social media, that does NOT mean we talk all the damn time. I graduated 12 years ago. I will not respond to you again.

Last edited:
Was not speaking of you @one man. In fact, I am sure we have never met. The original incident occurred over three years ago and I typed the incorrect initial. I apologize for any harm I may have caused sir.

So I am a liar @anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b Just like you to run off at the mouth about something you know nothing about. Below is the message I received twice in the past two days.

Bottom of Form

VirginiaPreps.com

HomeForums $(document).ready(function() { if ( $('.breadBoxTop .breadcrumb .crumbs span.crust').length ) { var lastBreadcrumbHref = $('.breadBoxTop .breadcrumb .crumbs span.crust:last-child a').attr('href'); $('.rivals_breadBar .rivals_breadBar_back').click(function(e) { e.preventDefault(); if (window.location.href.indexOf(lastBreadcrumbHref) > -1){ lastBreadcrumbHref = $('.breadBoxTop .breadcrumb .crumbs span.crust:nth-last-child(2) a').attr('href'); if (window.location.href.indexOf(lastBreadcrumbHref) > -1){ window.history.back() } else { window.location = lastBreadcrumbHref; } } else { window.location = lastBreadcrumbHref; } }); } if ( $('.pageNavLinkGroup .linkGroup .callToAction').length ) { var callToActionHref = $('.pageNavLinkGroup .linkGroup .callToAction').attr('href'); $('.rivals_breadBar .rivals_breadBar_add').click(function(e) { e.preventDefault(); window.location = callToActionHref; }); $('.pageNavLinkGroup .linkGroup .callToAction').addClass('rivals_movedToCrumb'); var callToActionText = $('.pageNavLinkGroup .linkGroup .callToAction span').html(); callToActionText = callToActionText.replace('Start a New Conversation', 'New Convo'); $('#rivals_breadBar_addText').html(callToActionText); $('.rivals_breadBar .rivals_breadBar_add').css('display', 'inline'); } });

Back Add

As a free user, there is a limit to how many messages you can post at once. Please wait a while and try again or pay for a subscription!

Let me end this by saying I never intended to come on here and attempt destroy you or hurt anyone. We warred several years ago when I used to post as MonarchFan. The sad part is you basically stated that the team I coached (Meadowbrook) was a bunch of thugs. Dude, they were young brothers just like you trying do something good. Did they lack a little discipline sure, but they didn’t need you talking trash about them. Since that time I quit posting, but still read. As a coach some post anger you while others make you think. When I saw you bashing the Dominion, giving your expert opinion about teams from PA and WVA, tearing down Richmond football and then saying “I think I will move Monacan back into the top 4” like it’s a privilege for them to have your stamp of approval I had to call you out.

Many people on here find you entertaining and insightful and that’s good for them. I find you to be a self serving individual who will tear down anybody to prove or attempt to prove your point. You make take pride in this, but you stick man are the reason this site is dry. Look at all the guys you have trashed and attempted to humiliate. Some sadly have quit posting. SpartanofYore, best Salem poster ever, Shantuaclier (I don’t know how to spell it) are two from the past and there are a few more recently. Man, you can’t even remember the web of lies you have told. I remember last year you saying Fisher told you to keep posting on VAPreps and fighting the people who disrespect the lions and now you say you rarely had contact with him. Dude, I see right through you. If you weren’t worried or didn’t feel concerned about my post you wouldn’t be trying to find out who I am and attempting to disprove me. “Rico don’t even know who you are”. Yes, he does and I will reveal myself to him when I see him again. Hell, just saw him. Lol By the way, thanks for the screen shot. You so smart and want to be right you proved my point Coach Quarrels. Yeah right! Whose roster you on?

I will leave you now to the people who believe you or feed into as Michael Baisden would say your cackalacky bs. You may not deserve this rant, but its exactly what people on preps have been wanting and needing to say to you for years. God bless my brother and good luck to Louisa. They are a fine team with or without “Coach Quarrels”. B. Smith is the best player period in the State of Virginia. We will see him on Sundays someday. OCBoy your EV boys gonna do good things just will not beat mbonape1’s boys if those two play. You fellas are good posters. Also want to give a shout out to Blackknight, Catchtds, and the other boys from Lynchburg you make it fun. I will not disturb your little party anymore. Again my bad @one man. Thanks for all you do.

Thank you for the clarification Sir! I hold no ill will toward you, hope that you continue to post. RVA needs more representation with the level of football played there. Hope you and Hoos can find a medium.

Bottom of Form

VirginiaPreps.com

Back Add

EV isn’t necessarily my team just the local team that’s doing well enough that I go to some of the games. And I do remember you when you posted under “MonarchFan” welcome back. I appreciate reading your posts and insights in the Richmond area as well. I picked Monacan and ranked them very high in my personal opinion post I posted around week 1-2 or preseason. Even though they lost a lot to graduation I still had them winning 4B. Nothing has changed on that even though we are half way through the season.

hmmmm I don't agree with the whole this years lions d is better than last as most of the jd teams ARE down this year. but this d is what keeps louisa in the games this year. they lost 4 really good athletes this year and you don't just replace tony on the end.

hmmmm I don't agree with the whole this years lions d is better than last as most of the jd teams ARE down this year. but this d is what keeps louisa in the games this year. they lost 4 really good athletes this year and you don't just replace tony on the end.

Tony was a beast for sure!

Looks like you’re right

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT