ADVERTISEMENT

Region 4D GIRLS

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
Tonight’s Girls (Millbrook vs Charlottesville) game has been moved to Monday night at 6PM.

Region 4D quarterfinal changes as a result of impending weather: Girls: Orange County at #Handley moved to Monday at 6 p.m.

VHSL Girls Region 4D Quarterfinals : (South 1) Salem wins over (South 4) Blacksburg, 56-37

VHSL Girls Region 4D Quarterfinals : (South 2) Jefferson Forest (15-7) wins over (South 3) EC Glass (13-9) by a score of 55-45.

I just noticed that both undefeated teams in this region are in the same half of the bracket (North)

Charlottesville (24-0) and Handley (21-0) would face each other in the regional semis if both win their first round games.

Both are top 5 teams in 4A - but Salem in the "south" is no slouch at 22-3.

This particular region is a North/South setup - which I assume do not cross bracket in the next round.

Almost doesn't seem right!

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
FINAL: Region 4D quarters: Girls’ :

(North #2) Handley 74 (North #3) Orange County 25.

Judges improve to 22-0 and advance to Wednesday’s semis.

Orange finishes 16-8

Final: Charlottesville girls basketball tops Millbrook 71-40 in the Region 4D quarterfinal

Battle of unbeatens as C'ville will take on Handley in one semifinal.

Handley will travel to Charlottesville on Wednesday for the semifinals at 6 p.m.

Millbrook finishes 12-11

Semifinal:

Salem 55 Jefferson Forest 35

Will face Charlottesville/Handley winner for region championship.

Here at Charlottesville High School for some matinee regional semifinal basketball action between the Black Knights and Handley. We start with the girls, where the teams have a combined 48-0 record this year. Winner goes to states, loser goes home

Charlottesville leads Handley 17-10 after a quarter.

Eva Floyd leads with 7 points.

Last edited:
Halftime Update:

26-23 Charlottesville girls lead Handley at the break.

Eva Floyd with 16 including four threes for the Black Knights.

Handley led at half by Reagan Edsell 6 points, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks, Cameron Hobson, Corin Edsell, Olivia Jett 4 points each. Judges 9-29 shooting (1-10 3’s), Charlottesville 8-27 shooting (6-13 3’s). Knights 21-15 rebounding edge, Knights 9 turnovers, Judges 6

FINAL: Girls’ Region 4D semis: Charlottesville 58, #Handley 53.

Black Knights advance to the Region 4D final while snagging a Class 4 state tournament berth.

Judges end season 22-1.

Win first district title since 2007 and first region game since 2013 this season

How about two undefeated teams locking horns in the region semis and the loser doesn't even get to go to states? Add that to a 24-3 Salem team in the region...jeez! 4D girls were INSANE this year! Feel really bad for Handley, they did everything right this season, won every game, and had to go on the ROAD in the SECOND ROUND of the playoffs! I understand the logic of the subregion stuff but it completely robbed those girls tonight. That being said, Cville girls are on a mission!

Reactions: SFUWO and pizzzzza
Girls basketball regional finals: Charlottesville 65, Salem 47.

CHS (27-0) led by RAllen 18, AStavitski 17, KDrumheller 13, EFloyd 8, EPierce 7.

CHS next hosts Tuscarora on Tues. in States.

Last edited:
GHD-kwtXIAAy6_U

Class 4 is going to be TOUGH!

Hampton (defending state champion), Woodgrove (steamrolled their region) C'ville (undefeated) and Monacan (who has been crushing their region as well) as 4 regional winners.

Throw in Salem, Jamestown (22-1), Chancellor (24-3) and Tuscarora into the mix.

Reactions: SFUWO
I just noticed that both undefeated teams in this region are in the same half of the bracket (North)

Charlottesville (24-0) and Handley (21-0) would face each other in the regional semis if both win their first round games.

Both are top 5 teams in 4A - but Salem in the "south" is no slouch at 22-3.

This particular region is a North/South setup - which I assume do not cross bracket in the next round.

Almost doesn't seem right!
What's not right is the fact that the northern teams are even in 4D. They should be in 4C

Class 4 is going to be TOUGH!

Hampton (defending state champion), Woodgrove (steamrolled their region) C'ville (undefeated) and Monacan (who has been crushing their region as well) as 4 regional winners.

Throw in Salem, Jamestown (22-1), Chancellor (24-3) and Tuscarora into the mix.
Some very good teams in Class 4. I can see Woodgrove hooking up with Hampton or Monacan in the finals.

How about two undefeated teams locking horns in the region semis and the loser doesn't even get to go to states? Add that to a 24-3 Salem team in the region...jeez! 4D girls were INSANE this year! Feel really bad for Handley, they did everything right this season, won every game, and had to go on the ROAD in the SECOND ROUND of the playoffs! I understand the logic of the subregion stuff but it completely robbed those girls tonight. That being said, Cville girls are on a mission!
They played great tonight. #4 and #21 had huge plays in 3rd and 4th to help them pull away

Reactions: blackknight_pride
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT