ADVERTISEMENT

Region A #3 Deep Creek (7-3) vs. #6 Kings Fork (5-5)

Who wins?

• Deep Creek

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Kings Fork

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
This was a super close game a few weeks ago and it will be now. I just see KF playing up to their potential and getting revenge on DC and winning this one.

This was a super close game a few weeks ago and it will be now. I just see KF playing up to their potential and getting revenge on DC and winning this one.
@Lafayette, for once we agree completely! Think you are on to something if Kings Fork doesn't shoot themselves in the foot.

Reactions: Lafayette
Deep Creek won on a last second field goal.

I'll add that Scottie Littles, Head Coach for KF, took over play calling. Of course it was in the last two games against Deep Creek and Oscar Smith.

They're on the third week of it though and I think the QB is getting comfortable. The original offense, from the previous two years, was very QB friendly.

I think Kings Fork takes it.

IDK... I might roll with DC on this one. If they are not separated by that much, I’ll go with the more discipline team in a skeaker

I'd give the edge to Deep Creek. Kings Fork had a bit of a melt down vs Smith last week. I think Deep Creek is just mentality tougher which proves out at the end of close games.

Kings Fork 18
Deep Creek 7

Kings Fork's defense is, as I've said all year, legit. Offense finally got something going tonight.

Lake Taylor next week. Defense has to come to play again. It'll be interesting to see how the KF offense matches up with the LT defense. Who has the best athletes and which ones will make plays?

Kings Fork 18
Deep Creek 7

Kings Fork's defense is, as I've said all year, legit. Offense finally got something going tonight.

Lake Taylor next week. Defense has to come to play again. It'll be interesting to see how the KF offense matches up with the LT defense. Who has the best athletes and which ones will make plays?
Have they played before? LT's defense (and offense) can overwhelm teams who aren't use to their style of play. What's your breakdown on this one? I haven't seen KF this year, but I've heard that aside from Smith, IR, and NR, the southeastern district was down this year.

Have they played before? LT's defense (and offense) can overwhelm teams who aren't use to their style of play. What's your breakdown on this one? I haven't seen KF this year, but I've heard that aside from Smith, IR, and NR, the southeastern district was down this year.

There were at least 5 good teams in the SE district and it was one of the best districts in the state.

@ForksUp big win! Did you guys cut down on the mistakes this week?

I agree @mbonap1. That district was rock solid. Most poster had the Fork being the team to beat in Region A. Looks like they put a solid performance together.

Coach Sawyers Titans have faced Kings Fork twice and won both by convincing scores. This game will be a low scoring affair. The LT veer versus the mammoth d line of the Fork. Both teams are turnover prone, so anything could happen Going to be one physical battle. I give LT the slight edge as their offense has been consistently productive.

I agree @mbonap1. That district was rock solid. Most poster had the Fork being the team to beat in Region A. Looks like they put a solid performance together.

Coach Sawyers Titans have faced Kings Fork twice and won both by convincing scores. This game will be a low scoring affair. The LT veer versus the mammoth d line of the Fork. Both teams are turnover prone, so anything could happen Going to be one physical battle. I give LT the slight edge as their offense has been consistently productive.
Agree BN- edge to LT due to better offense but turnovers will determine. It will be a battle.

There were at least 5 good teams in the SE district and it was one of the best districts in the state.

I agree it's one of the best in the state. I grew up in the area and despite now living a few hours away, I still get back to see some games yearly. I haven't had the chance to see any this year and had only heard the district wasn't as strong from top to bottom this year as compared to recent years.

Going to disagree with you. LT is on a roll right now and might have too many options for KF to keep the score close. I never get these right, but I'm going to say LT by two scores.

Reactions: ForksUp
Grassfield's definitely down vs last several years. It's hard to have a better team than Nansemond River, Kings Fork, and Deep Creek did last year vs their previous seasons.... But imagine the possibility of having 2-3 teams in the Regional A Finals all from the Southeastern District AND 2 of them having a really good shot at being in the State Tournament!! I'm not sure there's another district that will achieve this?

Last year, Nansemond River AND O. Smith were still playing in the last 2 games of the Season. Our District SHOULD represent in the same manner this year with Indian River & O. Smith. Next week's game with KF vs LT will be a close battle with the key being whether the Bulldogs can get the offense going against the high pressure Defense which the Titans provide every Friday Night. This will be the co-game of the week along with the O. Lakes vs Cox rematch in VaBeach.

Reactions: CavsGrad
I'm not saying KF wins, LT and Coach Sawyer have been here before and he will have his men ready.

I do want to see if KF can match pressure with pressure. That cover 0 is great as long as they don't get beat to the edges. Can KF put that pressure on them? I suspect Bobby Boone, one of the fastest players in the area, gets a boat load of touches.

Reactions: CavsGrad

Field conditions were terrible. Players slipping everywhere.

As I mentioned head coach took over play calling. This was week 3, QB looked so much more comfortable. Dropped a few dimes, one the DC defender just made a fantastic play or it would have been 6.

Let me tell ya, Leo Wethington who is the cousin of Deshaun Wethington, runs HARD! He broke numerous tackles last night. Tough to bring down with one guy. They called his cousin Debo. Think Leo is taking on the same reputation.

Going into Lake Taylor I think this was a great game for the QB, Marc Dyer. As I mentioned he had some great throws. Most importantly he made smart decisions. Got rid of the ball. LT obviously plays a different type of defense but DC's defense is very good.

I expect a slugfest on Friday.

As far as the SE District being down, I'd agree to a point. Offensively, Kings Fork took a step back and I think DC didnas well. I don't think there was a drop off in defenses though. Oscar Smith, Indian River, Kings Fork, Deep Creek, Nansemond River all have VERY TOUGH defenses. I suspect both Oscar Smith and Indian River are playing in the last couple weeks of the playoffs. If Kings Fork can take down LT, then I like their chances the following week. I say that just because of the confidence boost after such a rough regular season. There is taoent there, just a rough year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT