ADVERTISEMENT

Region A Championship: 12-0 Phoebus Vs 12-0 Warhill

Warhill is excellent but Phoebus defense is too good. 21-7.
I know you mentioned Warhill lost their RB, didn’t seem to bother them against Churchland. I have thought all season that Warhill is better than most. Essentially for the Matoaca win. This game interest me though.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
This will be a hard fought low scoring game. We all know about Phoebus' defense however, the offense has definitely shown more consistency lately and is playing with more confidence. Warhill has been very solid all season. I have Phoebus winning a hard fought game 24-14. I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Lions pulled off the upset (and yes I'm still rooting for my Phantoms) . Warhill seems to be a team of destiny this year, but Phoebus will be a huge hurdle to climb over.

Pulling for Phoebus cause I’d love to see a possible Varina match up (if we get by this reallly good King George team). The Football Gawds owe us the match up and then possibly Salem in three weeks. One game at a time but definitely a lot of exciting possibilities. Go Phantoms!

Reactions: VolNation85
I got Phoebus 35-7. Warhill offense is good but they won’t be able to block Phoebus. The game will be won big time in the trenches.

Reactions: VolNation85
Pulling for Phoebus cause I’d love to see a possible Varina match up (if we get by this reallly good King George team). The Football Gawds owe us the match up and then possibly Salem in three weeks. One game at a time but definitely a lot of exciting possibilities. Go Phantoms!
Take care of y’all business and meet us at Darling in 2 weeks. Good luck Vs King George

This will be a hard fought low scoring game. We all know about Phoebus' defense however, the offense has definitely shown more consistency lately and is playing with more confidence. Warhill has been very solid all season. I have Phoebus winning a hard fought game 24-14. I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Lions pulled off the upset (and yes I'm still rooting for my Phantoms) . Warhill seems to be a team of destiny this year, but Phoebus will be a huge hurdle to climb over.
I got Phoebus 31 - 10

Reactions: PHSBlue&Gold
Phoebus is highly likely to win this one, the defense is super special but the offense presents nothing unusual or new for the Warhill defense. Those picking a score in the 30’s by Phoebus must see something I don’t,

Reactions: gwb16
Phoebus is highly likely to win this one, the defense is super special but the offense presents nothing unusual or new for the Warhill defense. Those picking a score in the 30’s by Phoebus must see something I don’t,
I think they're picking that score because Phoebus' defense is so opportunistic that they can score in other ways outside of just offensive drives. I'm expecting a very interesting game on Saturday. Well, at least for a while.

You’re in for a surprise then. Warhill’s defense has a major flaw that’s on every game film I’ve seen so far. I’ll share it Saturday after the game. Plus Warhill has never seen this team speed and physicality.

I know you mentioned Warhill lost their RB, didn’t seem to bother them against Churchland. I have thought all season that Warhill is better than most. Essentially for the Matoaca win. This game interest me though.
Matoaca beat Hopewell +28 who lost to Heritage, AT HOME, -17 who got Godsmacked Blanked -49 by Phoebus when the Phantoms did not appear to firing on all cylinders. The comparison only gives them a +11 on Heritage. That is a 38-0 loss to Phoebus for the Warriors. Matoaca is an average football team. And I still don’t know what the crème filling of Hostess Twinkies and Suzy Q’s is made up of.

Matoaca beat Hopewell +28 who lost to Heritage, AT HOME, -17 who got Godsmacked Blanked -49 by Phoebus when the Phantoms did not appear to firing on all cylinders. The comparison only gives them a +11 on Heritage. That is a 38-0 loss to Phoebus for the Warriors. Matoaca is an average football team. And I still don’t know what the crème filling of Hostess Twinkies and Suzy Q’s is made up of.
Mataoca is terrible. Thankfully you see it too.

You’re in for a surprise then. Warhill’s defense has a major flaw that’s on every game film I’ve seen so far. I’ll share it Saturday after the game. Plus Warhill has never seen this team speed and physicality.
That comment is very familiar. I remember the same thing was said about Blacksburg before Blacksburg handed an L to the P.... let's see if history repeats itself. Personally, I don't think Warhill has enough to win this game. Maybe keep it interesting for 3 quarters...

Reactions: Lafayette
That comment is very familiar. I remember the same thing was said about Blacksburg before Blacksburg handed an L to the P.... let's see if history repeats itself. Personally, I don't think Warhill has enough to win this game. Maybe keep it interesting for 3 quarters...
Who cares about what happened in 2016? This is a whole new day at Phoebus. Congrats tho because those L’s to Lake Taylor, Kings Fork, Monocan, Hopewell, Magna Vista, Blacksburg, Heritage, and Lafayette in the playoffs has helped turn Blunt into the championship coach that he is today.

By the way, what is Blacksburg doing this weekend?

• Haha
@Kenneth Harris you have actually seen Matoaca play this year haven’t you? At least give me that much with such a strong statement. Although I disagree with @BoKnowsSports on the Matoaca subject I at least know he has seen them play. Ultimately it probably doesn’t matter bc Maury will blast Motoaca if they ever line up but the slight chance that they would play Green Run or Warrick I think Matoaca can play with those. I think the Warhill Phoebus game will be closer than most but that’s just me. Phoebus may be the world beaters everyone says they are but those who say they are multiple touchdowns better than the field are mistaken IMO.

Phoebus 24 - Warhill 10… Lafayettes defense is pretty good. Remember the Lafayette vs Warhill score was 18-7 at the half with a fully healthy Warhill team. Phoebus has one of the best defenses in the state and they lost their star running back.

Phoebus 24 - Warhill 10… Lafayettes defense is pretty good. Remember the Lafayette vs Warhill score was 18-7 at the half with a fully healthy Warhill team. Phoebus has one of the best defenses in the state and they lost their star running back.
No offense to Lafayette but they are no where near as good as Phoebus on defense. Judging this game based on the Lafayette matchup isn’t a good measuring stick.

Wow, didn’t know the starting QB is done for the season. Hmmm 14-10 maybe.

The better QB is the freshman. He was just immature at beginning of year. If anything we will score way more. Rik is elite and if he grows he will be biggest QB recruit this side of water has had since Tajh Boyd.

No offense to Lafayette but they are no where near as good as Phoebus on defense. Judging this game based on the Lafayette matchup isn’t a good measuring stick.

The better QB is the freshman. He was just immature at beginning of year. If anything we will score way more. Rik is elite and if he grows he will be biggest QB recruit this side of water has had since Tajh Boyd.
I was giving your defense credit and saying that your defense should do way better than Lafayette who held Warhill to 7 points in the first half.

@Kenneth Harris you have actually seen Matoaca play this year haven’t you? At least give me that much with such a strong statement. Although I disagree with @BoKnowsSports on the Matoaca subject I at least know he has seen them play. Ultimately it probably doesn’t matter bc Maury will blast Motoaca if they ever line up but the slight chance that they would play Green Run or Warrick I think Matoaca can play with those. I think the Warhill Phoebus game will be closer than most but that’s just me. Phoebus may be the world beaters everyone says they are but those who say they are multiple touchdowns better than the field are mistaken IMO.
I don’t think it is necessary to see Matoaca. Example: After reviewing records of Salem and Lake Taylor in 2015 I found differences between Virginiapreps writers and commentators and what national writers and I thought would happen. After posting that the Spartan team would win, a site leader basically said I was an ignorant child. Even Salem fans disagree. He has never apologized and admitted that I was right. With my analysis of Matoaca it is a fact that they only beat Hopewell by 28. Hopewell lost to Heritage by 17. Heritage lost to Phoebus; shutout by 49. This translates to the Matoaca game performance against Hopewell because I want it to. The problem for Phoebus arised after the Hampton game with the loss of their senior QB BUT the quarterback doesn’t affect their defense. It has been pretty affected. But you can have your opinions. I want to hear it.

Phoebus starting Qb is out that is significant. Their offense wasn’t world beaters to begin with. This game will be surprising.

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
But the back up against Churchland that was suppose to be a real test for Warhill ran for 155 yards. They won 31-0..

I was giving your defense credit and saying that your defense should do way better than Lafayette who held Warhill to 7 points in the first half.
Oh i had no clue. Doesn’t surprise me tho this Warhill offense wont be that hard to stop. Now looking forward a little a team like King George presents a lot of matchup problems.

Who cares about what happened in 2016? This is a whole new day at Phoebus. Congrats tho because those L’s to Lake Taylor, Kings Fork, Monocan, Hopewell, Magna Vista, Blacksburg, Heritage, and Lafayette in the playoffs has helped turn Blunt into the championship coach that he is today.

Deciding if football is being played in 2024

Oh i had no clue. Doesn’t surprise me tho this Warhill offense wont be that hard to stop. Now looking forward a little a team like King George presents a lot of matchup problems.
IMO it’s a lot of you know what eating from these posters regarding KG. I’ve seen them twice, LIVE… Good team, dog mentality like a Varina or Phoebus, hell no. You know how our kids (Phoebus and Varina) grow up.. been playing top level ball since 6U and most of our kids need football to get out of their situation. If KG beats us, they’ll have to play a perfect game. Varina giving yall the best game out of Salem or KG 💯.

Wow, didn’t know the starting QB is done for the season. Hmmm 14-10 maybe.

Raise your hand if you believe this story is 100% accurate. The Hampton Roads newspapers really should be embarrassed. In 20 years they’ve gone from ragging on go-getter business minded, ground breaking, freelance online sports journalists to just throwing words in numbers on a screen, not proofreading and just releasing anything as facts. Pathetic.

I don’t think it is necessary to see Matoaca. Example: After reviewing records of Salem and Lake Taylor in 2015 I found differences between Virginiapreps writers and commentators and what national writers and I thought would happen. After posting that the Spartan team would win, a site leader basically said I was an ignorant child. Even Salem fans disagree. He has never apologized and admitted that I was right. With my analysis of Matoaca it is a fact that they only beat Hopewell by 28. Hopewell lost to Heritage by 17. Heritage lost to Phoebus; shutout by 49. This translates to the Matoaca game performance against Hopewell because I want it to. The problem for Phoebus arised after the Hampton game with the loss of their senior QB BUT the quarterback doesn’t affect their defense. It has been pretty affected. But you can have your opinions. I want to hear it.
All good brother I love to hear your opinion as well but that logic is pretty convienant. If I do the same thing based on the Phoebus Oscar Smith game, Phoebus should then lose to Varina then shouldn’t they? Varina lost by a point to HSHS who just beat OS? It is very matchup dependent. Huguenot lost to Cosby though…. But they just took Varina to the brink but it doesn’t mean Cosby can play with Varina. No…. Lafayette isn’t Phoebus but it was a rivalry game so I expect it to be close. I do think Phoebus will win by 10 points but Warhill is still an unblemished 12-0 football team. Phoebus defense is elite, I’ll give you that. That is proven you have kept quality teams off the board such as OS and Warrick. I did watch both of those games online. However, your most recent game against Hampton (which I saw some of online) you looked more well rounded to me. I realize it isn’t apples to apples but you seemed to have more cylinders firing which is a good sign for a playoff team looking for a home stretch run. There is no game result on your schedule that tells me you should be a heavy favorite against the eventual B winner or Salem. To be fair, I never heard you say that but others have. I think Phoebus is an elite football team I just disagree they will steamroll everyone from here on out. Winning a state title is a huge accomplishment which the phantoms know a lot about. If you win it all, I’ll celebrate ya from the mountain top, I just won’t do it this early.

Raise your hand if you believe this story is 100% accurate. The Hampton Roads newspapers really should be embarrassed. In 20 years they’ve gone from ragging on go-getter business minded, ground breaking, freelance online sports journalists to just throwing words in numbers on a screen, not proofreading and just releasing anything as facts. Pathetic.
Marty OBrien wrote the story. He is 100% reliable.

This is a different team with D1 talent and speed.

They fishing all weekend.

Marty OBrien wrote the story. He is 100% reliable.
Facts matter. With Lafayette High being the number one high school in influencing NFL defense in the entire history of the NFL I say this with respect to you and Marty. If that story is 100% accurate after 10 reads I will eat a 1 Chic Fila sandwich off the bleachers at Darling Stadium on Saturday afternoon. But it is not. So I won’t. In the army the saying is: PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL. Read this and tell me I’m wrong.. 👉🏽 “After starting quarterback Nolan James broke his leg in the state semifinal, backup QB Jayden Early threw for 212 yards and three touchdowns in the first half to lead the Phantoms to a 58-14 win over Heritage of Lynchburg in the Class 3 championship game.” 100% inaccurate with each read.

All good brother I love to hear your opinion as well but that logic is pretty convienant. If I do the same thing based on the Phoebus Oscar Smith game, Phoebus should then lose to Varina then shouldn’t they? Varina lost by a point to HSHS who just beat OS? It is very matchup dependent. Huguenot lost to Cosby though…. But they just took Varina to the brink but it doesn’t mean Cosby can play with Varina. No…. Lafayette isn’t Phoebus but it was a rivalry game so I expect it to be close. I do think Phoebus will win by 10 points but Warhill is still an unblemished 12-0 football team. Phoebus defense is elite, I’ll give you that. That is proven you have kept quality teams off the board such as OS and Warrick. I did watch both of those games online. However, your most recent game against Hampton (which I saw some of online) you looked more well rounded to me. I realize it isn’t apples to apples but you seemed to have more cylinders firing which is a good sign for a playoff team looking for a home stretch run. There is no game result on your schedule that tells me you should be a heavy favorite against the eventual B winner or Salem. To be fair, I never heard you say that but others have. I think Phoebus is an elite football team I just disagree they will steamroll everyone from here on out. Winning a state title is a huge accomplishment which the phantoms know a lot about. If you win it all, I’ll celebrate ya from the mountain top, I just won’t do it this early.
I used to use a stopwatch to determine the average time it took the defense to make first contact with the ball carrier over the course of the game. But if score differentials and point spreads didn’t matter Jamie Foxx would not have been resurrected to continue making betting commercials and the NFL wouldn’t be controlling outcomes. We know point spreads matter don’t we? But seriously Hopewell at -17 to Heritage to the Canes at -49 to Phoebus tells me that equals a -66 when Matoaca plays the Blue Devils. I want to see a massive deficit when the Warriors beat them. Bigger than +28. Hopewell has been proven to be pretty pathetic this year. I say that with respect to the titles they have and the best running back in college football. (Ohio State Buckeyes for National Champions please). Warhill only beat Matoaca by +14. So I will leave it to you to make the required translations. The problem with the Oscar Smith game is the Phoebus defense. It is the same problem Stone Bridge, LCA and Heritage ran into when Phoebus is in championship form. Even if their offense is left at home the defense scores touchdowns or shuts down opponents offense or both and they win. Great points on your part btw.

Reactions: mbonape1
IMO it’s a lot of you know what eating from these posters regarding KG. I’ve seen them twice, LIVE… Good team, dog mentality like a Varina or Phoebus, hell no. You know how our kids (Phoebus and Varina) grow up.. been playing top level ball since 6U and most of our kids need football to get out of their situation. If KG beats us, they’ll have to play a perfect game. Varina giving yall the best game out of Salem or KG 💯.
Varina can definitely beat KG and they’re my pick because I think they’ll punch KG in the mouth early and make it hard for them to respond. I brought up KG to basically say they have a more dynamic offense compared to Warhill.

Sidenote: Varina reminds me so much of Phoebus. Even down to the short HB wearing 0. My Varina homie tells me that y’all have a senior QB that shouldn’t be starting over the freshman. SAME THING at Phoebus lol. Definitely would be a good matchup.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT