ADVERTISEMENT

Region A Championship: 12-0 Phoebus Vs 12-0 Warhill

Phoebus starting Qb is out that is significant. Their offense wasn’t world beaters to begin with. This game will be surprising.
It’s not significant at all! The freshman is the better QB,but now he’s got experience and maturity.

This is a different team with D1 talent and speed.
Says the parrot. We hear that story every year.

This is why we play the games. FWIW, I thought Phoebus was going to walk away with an easy win against Blacksburg also... it's playoff time. I think it's time to let the kids do the talking on the field...there wasn't enough hot sauce in the state of Virginia in 2016 for y'all to choke down all that crow y'all had to eat... remember?

Legit what the whole fanbase has been saying all year too. I was shocked he wasn’t moved to starter by mid year.
I'm anxious to see him play. Was reading that he's the #1 freshman prospect? Is that accurate?
That's bad news for Warhill, not much game film on him... that could be HUGE

I'm anxious to see him play. Was reading that he's the #1 freshman prospect? Is that accurate?
That's bad news for Warhill, not much game film on him... that could be HUGE
He’s a very good lefty with major dual threat ability. I don’t know anything about him being #1 freshman prospect though. Warhill has plenty of film on him because he’s played a lot this year. Plus his name has been buzzing in youth football for a couple years around here so I’m sure they’re familiar.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Varina can definitely beat KG and they’re my pick because I think they’ll punch KG in the mouth early and make it hard for them to respond. I brought up KG to basically say they have a more dynamic offense compared to Warhill.

Sidenote: Varina reminds me so much of Phoebus. Even down to the short HB wearing 0. My Varina homie tells me that y’all have a senior QB that shouldn’t be starting over the freshman. SAME THING at Phoebus lol. Definitely would be a good matchup.
Varina can definitely beat KG and they’re my pick because I think they’ll punch KG in the mouth early and make it hard for them to respond. I brought up KG to basically say they have a more dynamic offense compared to Warhill.

Sidenote: Varina reminds me so much of Phoebus. Even down to the short HB wearing 0. My Varina homie tells me that y’all have a senior QB that shouldn’t be starting over the freshman. SAME THING at Phoebus lol. Definitely would be a good matchup.
Varina can beat King George but Varina doesn't play a physical brand of offense at all. So "punching KG in the mouth" probably isn't going to happen here.

Who cares about what happened in 2016? This is a whole new day at Phoebus. Congrats tho because those L’s to Lake Taylor, Kings Fork, Monocan, Hopewell, Magna Vista, Blacksburg, Heritage, and Lafayette in the playoffs has helped turn Blunt into the championship coach that he is today.

By the way, what is Blacksburg doing this weekend?
Of this list only the Monacan Chiefs and King's Fork Bulldogs still have not won a state championship. Can they get it done within the next 3 years?
I was giving your defense credit and saying that your defense should do way better than Lafayette who held Warhill to 7 points in the first half.
You make one of the most important points in this thread. Some of the commenters do not realize that they are putting the defense of the 2023 Churchland Truckers on par with the Highland Springs Springers, Maury Commodores, the 2022 Dinwiddie Generals, The Stone Bridge Bulldogs (Pick your year), The Phoebus Phantoms (9 championship years) The Salem Spartans (10 title years?), Oscar Smith (title years) or any team that made it to the 3, 4, 5, or 6 title game in forever because they held Warhill to 3 points in the first half! Do they not understand that Churchland got blown out by Hopewell -42 who lost to the Heritage Hurricanes -17? Can anyone explain how and why Churchland held Warhill to 3 points for the first half on the road? So something is going to happen to cause Phoebus to suddenly turn into the Churchland Truckers on Saturday afternoon? Churchland is a 77-84 point underdog to the Phantoms. Maybe worse. We are living In an alternate universe.

This is why we play the games. FWIW, I thought Phoebus was going to walk away with an easy win against Blacksburg also... it's playoff time. I think it's time to let the kids do the talking on the field...there wasn't enough hot sauce in the state of Virginia in 2016 for y'all to choke down all that crow y'all had to eat... remember?
This aint that Phoebus team. They had no D1 talent on that team. This is a Defending state championship team that returned 85% of that team with multiple D1 talent. Warhill is undefeated for a reason but i like the matchups and i dont think Warhill will be overlooked at all. Its one gm at a time. It seems t Phoebus Offense has caught up to its defense. Close gm in the 1st half and then Phoebus pulls away.

Reactions: gwb16

You know fans are supposed to talk trash. That’s what fans do. But, that Blacksburg team was not a typical 5-5 team having one Cole Beck speeding around Va. Tech country. If Blacksburg won 9 championships in 22 seasons including 5 D5 championships in 6 years you could remind us of more Phoebus losses but since it was the Phantoms that did that I will remind you. 🤭😃 Not many teams would survive the turmoil that Phoebus went through and comeback to shut D3 completely down for two years would they? You know Blacksburg would love to be in the Phantom’s position right about now. But quitting? Excuse me. Forfeiting. Not our style.

Reactions: SFUWO and gwb16
This aint that Phoebus team. They had no D1 talent on that team. This is a Defending state championship team that returned 85% of that team with multiple D1 talent. Warhill is undefeated for a reason but i like the matchups and i dont think Warhill will be overlooked at all. Its one gm at a time. It seems t Phoebus Offense has caught up to its defense. Close gm in the 1st half and then Phoebus pulls away.
You know someone has to give it back to y'all! 😂 It's all good....a friendly reminder isn't a bad thing. I just pray that everyone has a good game and comes home injury free.

Reactions: PHSBlue&Gold
You know fans are supposed to talk trash. That’s what fans do. But, that Blacksburg team was not a typical 5-5 team having one Cole Beck speeding around Va. Tech country. If Blacksburg won 9 championships in 22 seasons including 5 D5 championships in 6 years you could remind us of more Phoebus losses but since it was the Phantoms that did that I will remind you. 🤭😃 Not many teams would survive the turmoil that Phoebus went through and comeback to shut D3 completely down for two years would they? You know Blacksburg would love to be in the Phantom’s position right about now. But quitting? Excuse me. Forfeiting. Not our style.
C'mon now...there are a lot of teams across the state that are experiencing some difficulties with manning a team. You're usually better than that....if I wanted to be a complete jerk about the situation, I could question if the UVA officials were going to allow a certain team to dress out in the locker rooms if they make it to the State Game this year...but I won't go there.
Keeping it classy and respectful is a lot more appealing than 3peating...for a lot of the true fans...
You don't want current rosters paying for the sins of previous rosters? Do you? I know you're better than that....

• Haha
Reactions: Kenneth Harris
BREAKING NEWS for all you gambling fans out there.

Since we have been told that score comparisons are what is important.

With tonight's win, Maury beat Warwick by 28. Phoebus was +8 on Warwick, so that means Maury is +20 on Phoebus. And since Maury was +19 on Dinwiddie, that means that Dinwiddie is +1 on Phoebus. And from that, since King George beat Dinwiddie by +19, King George is +20 on Phoebus.

Needless to say, whoever wins Region B is at least +20 on Phoebus.

And wait a minute, going even further, since by this logic King George would be +20, that would mean Courtland is +13 and Eastern View is +8.

Oh, and reading back on this thread... TERRIBLE Matoaca won 42-3

• Haha
Reactions: gwb16
BREAKING NEWS for all you gambling fans out there.

Since we have been told that score comparisons are what is important.

With tonight's win, Maury beat Warwick by 28. Phoebus was +8 on Warwick, so that means Maury is +20 on Phoebus. And since Maury was +19 on Dinwiddie, that means that Dinwiddie is +1 on Phoebus. And from that, since King George beat Dinwiddie by +19, King George is +20 on Phoebus.

Needless to say, whoever wins Region B is at least +20 on Phoebus.

And wait a minute, going even further, since by this logic King George would be +20, that would mean Courtland is +13 and Eastern View is +8.

Oh, and reading back on this thread... TERRIBLE Matoaca won 42-3
Why didn’t you pull up my post where I said Dinwiddie has no chance of a 2023 title? Bro. I do not care if I am wrong. My point is to hold tight to my own opinion, freedom of free thought and freedom of free speech. Don’t ever think you can shut me up bro. You would have more success digging up your nose for the gold that is held at Fort Knox. And I would be the first one to wish you luck with that while cheering for you while I’m polishing these nine state title trophies and 1 runner-up. I believe score comparisons matter and so does game performances. My mind! My choice! But anyone can pull up when someone is only wrong and avoid when they are right as in me pulling for B-District to win and you failing to mention that. I am glad I played a small part in making you happy. I would encourage you to not follow crowds. Be your own man, with your own original thoughts, words and phrases. Don;t worry about me. Congratulations Brentsville District. And Let’s go Phoebus!

Why didn’t you pull up my post where I said Dinwiddie has no chance of a 2023 title? Bro. I do not care if I am wrong. My point is to hold tight to my own opinion, freedom of free thought and freedom of free speech. Don’t ever think you can shut me up bro. You would have more success digging up your nose for the gold that is held at Fort Knox. And I would be the first one to wish you luck with that while cheering for you while I’m polishing these nine state title trophies and 1 runner-up. I believe score comparisons matter and so does game performances. My mind! My choice! But anyone can pull up when someone is only wrong and avoid when they are right as in me pulling for B-District to win and you failing to mention that. I am glad I played a small part in making you happy. I would encourage you to not follow crowds. Be your own man, with your own original thoughts, words and phrases. Don;t worry about me. Congratulations Brentsville District. And Let’s go Phoebus!
I think Maury last night made it clear who the best football team in all of Tidewater is.

I love the Phantoms offensive play calling to get the freshman comfortable and kill any nerves. He definitely has the ability to come out guns blazing but they eased him into the game.

Reactions: Kenneth Harris
Phoebus pick 6 by the DEFENSIVE TACKLE!

11:47 left in the 3rd and now the buses are warming up

34-0 Phoebus

Phoebus is looking REALLY GOOD! Defense and offense is looking spectacular today.

@Kenneth Harris Are all these penalties typical for Phoebus or are the having a bad day in that department? And before you say it - yes, I agree that there have been several questionable calls against them.

These refs are something else. They missed a clear roughing the punter call as our punter lays on the field hurt

41-13 Final

Warhill threw a TD pass as time expired on a clear offensive PI. The refs jsut ran off the field knowing they messed up

Reactions: fattyhawk2013
You can't miss that many play calls. It’s very biased refereeing. I hate when this happens.
Yes then they run and hide when the coach comes to talk about the calls. I swear we need a ref staff from a whole different part of the state next week

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT